• 2016 GT350 Avalanche Gray w/black stripes and Tech Package

Votes: 25 51.0%
  • OP Likes Other Mens Farts

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KBBoss302

Established Member
Coincidentally, a dark gray (I don't know the name yet) with black stripes Track Pack GT350 showed up at my dealership today and I went and sat in it during lunch. The Recaros are fantastic, slightly more lateral support than the ones in my Boss (I'm tall and skinny). The car itself seems several generations newer than my Boss, too, but that's part of the appeal of my car.

Anyway, my vote remains TRACK PACK!!!

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Just realized the track pack comes with the magnetic suspension that may or may not be exactly the same as the R. That would lock in track pack for me. I would just want the stripes, but I'm sure you could easily have them added if you wanted. Plus I think the CO track pack will sell better a year from now.

Zemedici

Established Member
These Recaros are a lot different than the ones in your 5.0L; but with that being said, I haven't sat in them yet. I had them in my last 2 GT500's and didn't mind them..but I don't daily my car either.

Ah if its not a daily, go with the recaro car.

THE_EVIL_TW1N

Established Member
Just realized the track pack comes with the magnetic suspension that may or may not be exactly the same as the R. That would lock in track pack for me. I would just want the stripes, but I'm sure you could easily have them added if you wanted. Plus I think the CO track pack will sell better a year from now.
Tech package comes with the mag suspension too.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Tech package comes with the mag suspension too.

Correct.

On a side note. Just had a customer come in, his brother was on the design team. A couple weekends ago he went up and they took at GT350R PP car (001 to be exact) out on the track. He had photos to back it up...what you're about to read was not backed up, and I don't buy it for a second.

He said that they took it out and trapped 145mph in the quarter. I told him there wasn't a chance it would touch that, he swears it did because it doesn't have any emissions etc....still BS. He said they ran 9.9X's LOL

THEN he told me that the top speed on it was near 240mph. :dw: :bash::bash::bash:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Curious if you ordered both for customers who backed out?

Kinda an odd situation. I had 5 allocations. Had 4 ordered retail and one for me. A forum member got a hold of me and had a buddy that wanted one, so I switched my order to his color combination, so I had 5 retail orders.

Well then my 3rd order, the guy called and decided he wasn't going to be able to afford it when it came in, so he told me to keep his deposit until I sold it to someone else. Well I gave it back to him and just told him that I would change the order and keep it (Comp Orange).

THEN, the guy that ordered number 4, avalanche gray, called me the other day and asked if he could switch colors. I told him it was already serialized and what not...he mentioned he might want CO, so I told him I had one coming in for me, and I would think about switching him out.

Thus, the dilemma.

The guy getting the short end of the stick is the one that ordered #5. We changed the ordered to his liking, kicked it back in the scheduling process, and then Ford hasn't pulled orders to schedule from the midwest for 3 weeks, so he's still waiting for a VIN.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
UPDATE: I decided on the CO one. It just landed in KC today. I called the railyard, have a friend down there, she is going to get it up here tomorrow or Friday.

I told her I'd like it by Friday since it's my birthday..

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
UPDATE: I decided on the CO one. It just landed in KC today. I called the railyard, have a friend down there, she is going to get it up here tomorrow or Friday.

I told her I'd like it by Friday since it's my birthday..

So hot, want to touch the hiney(of the car lol).

Congrats dude! Hope to see it around.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I just want one....bad
I'm getting excited finally. This has to be the least amount of buildup I've had on a car for a while.

If you can wait until next year, I may or may not know someone who can help...

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah, I'm holding off until 17, and I already have a comp orange Boss. Every time I run a different color combo I change my mind. Grey with black, add window tint....sexy. I wish they had black with dark grey stripes in an R so you get the red accent stripes.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yeah, I'm holding off until 17, and I already have a comp orange Boss. Every time I run a different color combo I change my mind. Grey with black, add window tint....sexy. I wish they had black with dark grey stripes in an R so you get the red accent stripes.
They have black with matte black stripes and red accent.

My problem is not being able to get an R.

Users who are viewing this thread