Post all 03-04 Cobras in the $18-21k range here...

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
^^^ That makes sense.

Too bad he's not closer, i'd go buy it. A lighthit is NOTHING.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
^^^ That makes sense.

Too bad he's not closer, i'd go buy it. A lighthit is NOTHING.

03RedCobra

Established Member
Man, I read through this whole thread, reading what everyone had posted. I thought at the beginning of the thread....No way to buy an '03 that Cheap !! How dare they drive the price down on the car !!

Well, after reading further, and figuring it out in my head, I don't really see why there can't be quite a few '03's out there in the $18,000 range. My reasoning......

I bought my '03 back in February of 2003 and had to pay MSRP for it then, since nobody around was really dropping any money off. So, I paid $35,000 for it. I got a 6-year loan, payments are $570 a month. I now owe just a little over $17,000 for it, and never paid any extra on the loan.

Assuming that I left the car either stock, or only slightly modified, selling it for $18,000 would not only pay the car off, it would put a little cash in my pocket as well. Being able to sell a car, and pay off the loan outright, and have a little extra cash leftover, doesn't always happen these days. At least it's never happend for me.

So, if I were able to sell it for $20-21,000, I'd be happy as a lark. More than that ?? I'd be as happy as Michael Jackson at the BoyScout Jamboree !!

Check out this NON-Cobra '03.....maybe it will help the worth of our Cobras....

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...engine=&fuel=&doors=&style_flag=1&cardist=690

By the way....anyone want to buy a HIGHLY Modified '03 Cobra, with 15,000 miles on it for $38,000 ???? :shrug: LOL

Last edited:

SilvGT

Established Member
SVTdubs said:
kenneth... get a clue man...

here are the cars I have found and you all could too if you LOOKED!!!!

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=317749

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=326046

the mineral car Im talking about for 19k delivered to your door http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=321631

the infamous 03 cobra with 15k miles for $20k... http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=312747
i didnt get it, it was raining all weekend and i didnt want to drive 3 hrs in the rain, then 8 hrs home in the rain... im going again next weekend but good deals will always be out there... the longer you want, the cheeper they will be

this car is the best car on the market right now I believe as far as what you are getting for the price

its not rocket science, look, make offers, etc. Most tell you to go **** yourself, others need to sell cuz of marriage, divorce, buying a home, lost their job, etc....

take care guys

thanks for the link i'm buying that dsg in TN he's a cool guy

wj94

Established Member
Now that I think about it, just because it isn't on the carfax report doesn't mean there can't be serious damage to the frame of that car. Anyone can have something fixed without claiming it to the insurance company. Oh well, good luck with the car, hope it works out for you.

SilvGT

Established Member
i think your very paranoid...lol i spoke with him and got pics. maybe i trust to much we'll see thanks though

wj94

Established Member
SilvGT said:
i think your very paranoid...lol i spoke with him and got pics. maybe i trust to much we'll see thanks though

Better to be paranoid than get a bum vehicle for $20k....pics don't mean anything really, you can't see the frame. I would definitely have the car checked out before any documents are signed and money handed over. How big was the dog he hit? How fast was he going? Did the airbags deploy? Plenty of questions surrounding something like that, which all seem to be shrugged off in this case.

03'Darin

Established Member
SilvGT said:

Just curious how you made out and if you got the car yet?

Darin

SilvGT

Established Member
not yet still finishing up & shipping is going to take a little bit hope to have it in a week or so

03'Darin

Established Member
SilvGT said:
not yet still finishing up & shipping is going to take a little bit hope to have it in a week or so

If I was buying a car like that, I'd make the trip down and drive it back. I would want to see the car before I paid for it. Pictures are great, but don't always show everything. Good luck with the purchase.

SilvGT

Established Member
thanks i'll make sure to post pics. and all when she gets here. glad everyone wants to look out for others appreciate it.

skunk50

Established Member
jadartt said:
Well, I'd disagree. I currently own a '65 K code appraised at overe $24,000 and a '66 convertible appraised at over $22,000, a 64 1/2 appraised at $16,000, and a 2003 GT. I'll PM you registrations & appraisals to prove it if you want. Here's a few pics of them if you want to check them out. http://www.mustangboards.com/pictures/11364-my-cars.html
I just don't want to shell out $25k on something that I "want" right now especially when I know they WILL drop in price.

I love an internet smack talker, next thing you'll tell me is that your mom can beat up my mom.

cars can be appraised for a lot, but it's more for insurance purposes. i used to own an Allstate agency and worked with different specialty ins. carriers.

but it does not mean that's the true street value.....say you needed the money for breast enhancement surgery and had to have it w/i 30 days or something.... and i was kidding about owning 42 mustangs, lol. saw a guy around here with at least 30 Fox Mustangs in his yard...literally...on the grass, etc...it was a Mustang guy's heaven....or an HOA's hell...lol.

ilsensine

Established Member
coolcobramatt said:
If you had read and understood English my thread very clearly states my thoughts on the thread subject, and that I wouldnt let mine go that cheap.

So much for being an asshole 17 post troll that pulls only a partial quote of my original comment to make it look like your a regular smart guy, EH?

And I will say again: so much for paying attention to the title of the thread, eh? Hint: posting an ad for your 25k+ car and bashing the idea of the thread does not equal "Post all 03-04 Cobras in the $18-21k range here" does it?

I'm willing to bet few other people here read your post as anything other than what it was: a sales post that did not belong.

And if it isn't too much to ask, see if you can respond this time without resorting to personal attacks, for the sake of your own dignity.

Last edited:

mormonstang

Established Member
20k for a cobra, and I would most likely buy one. I think it would bring dozens of buyers to the market, there wouldn't be enough sellers compared to buyers hahaha. That is sweet with the guy that got that dsg because his brother works at a dealership, I could only wish of a deal like that :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread