Post most recent pics of your '13-14 GT500

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
3.4 Whipple?

Dyno #s?
It has been a while since I posted pictures of my 2014 Shelby. After several years of searching, my final customization will be realized --- painted front and rear calipers. They will be Brembo red with white lettering. I also decided to go with a full rotor and pad upgrade --- StopTech drilled and slotted front and rear rotors with StopTech Street pads. This should look good against my Alcoa wheels.

20211002_122050.jpg

20211002_122220.jpg

20211002_122006.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Other than the spike just over 20 at the peak the boost is pretty reasonable lije 16-17psi for most of pull. That should be efficient for the bigger Whipple but it needs some octane and 22-25psi to shine.
I run my 2.65 TVS at 22-24psi to make 1100hp but it’s the timing in addition to the boost.
I’d definitely trust the stock bottom end at 800rwhp, just respect the rpm and octane.
-J

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
Other than the spike just over 20 at the peak the boost is pretty reasonable lije 16-17psi for most of pull. That should be efficient for the bigger Whipple but it needs some octane and 22-25psi to shine.
I run my 2.65 TVS at 22-24psi to make 1100hp but it’s the timing in addition to the boost.
I’d definitely trust the stock bottom end at 800rwhp, just respect the rpm and octane.
-J
Wow! I agree with the stock bottom good to 800rwhp but id be willing to push to 850rwhp but absolutely no more than that...... no way! KB put #5 rod thru the block in there test 5.8 liter SS @1100hp with 4.2 liter to see how far they could push it before it blew up to set the standard for shelby. That 5.8 is no joke even stock.

Last edited:

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
Wow! I agree with the stock bottom good to 800rwhp but id be willing to push to 850rwhp but absolutely no more than that...... no way! KB put #5 rod thru the block in there test 5.8 liter SS @1100hp with 4.2 liter to see how far they could push it before it blew up to set the standard for shelby. That 5.8 is no joke even stock.
IDK why ppl bash the 5.8 liter even w/spray bore. 5.8 can put out some incredible power straight from the oem in stock form. What do ppl really expect to get from a stock motor that reliable...:unsure:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
IDK why ppl bash the 5.8 liter even w/spray bore. 5.8 can put out some incredible power straight from the oem in stock form. What do ppl really expect to get from a stock motor that reliable...:unsure:
There was a learning curve with the 5.8.
By that I mean it was already close to the edge directly from Ford for pump gas.
Higher compression, higher boost, higher rpm potential all were changes from the known 4.6/5.4 modular formula.
The 5.8 is a great platform if you know what you’re doing. 7000rpm 750rwhp and all the torque the Coyote lacks made for a fun street package. Just add 4.10s and some DRs and you’re set!
-J

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
There was a learning curve with the 5.8.
By that I mean it was already close to the edge directly from Ford for pump gas.
Higher compression, higher boost, higher rpm potential all were changes from the known 4.6/5.4 modular formula.
The 5.8 is a great platform if you know what you’re doing. 7000rpm 750rwhp and all the torque the Coyote lacks made for a fun street package. Just add 4.10s and some DRs and you’re set!
-J
You are right on......check out this video. Exactly what you just got done saying. Dude is running mid 9's with a stock motor on E85

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
You are right on......check out this video. Exactly what you just got done saying. Dude is running mid 9's with a stock motor on E85

You actually see @biminiLX GT500 in that video parked next to the grabber blue one, I'm pretty that's his buddy's car.

And yes the 5.8 is a badass engine, but I missed not being able to shift at 7k and I want to make 1000whp safely, unfortunately I don't trust the stock rods over 850whp.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member

Great video :)
I make an appearance at some point.
That is my friend Bruce @spruce
Got a built sleeved block with ported heads/cams coming for a winter project.
Friendly rivalry with the goal of 8.xx for one of use with the man pedal.
I do love that grabber Blue!
-J

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
It has been a while since I posted pictures of my 2014 Shelby. After several years of searching, my final customization will be realized --- painted front and rear calipers. They will be Brembo red with white lettering. I also decided to go with a full rotor and pad upgrade --- StopTech drilled and slotted front and rear rotors with StopTech Street pads. This should look good against my Alcoa wheels.

I've been running StopTech drilled and slotted 1 piece rotors for probably 5 years with good results.

Tom

mwilson6192

Established Member
Good to hear of your experience with the StopTech drilled and slotted 1-piece rotors, Tom. I intend to install and bleed the brakes myself. Never did that before but have decided that this task is well within my capabilities to accomplish and learn something new.

For the earlier question, stock bottom end. I absolutely respect the RPM's and have never used additional octane. Been running this way since late 2014 without a single problem --- and I do have fun with the car. The most enjoyable part of my chosen combination is the street manners my car exhibits --- until I feel a little rambunctious.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
If only that fragile 5.8 could run 9s stock like the Plaid!

Cant wait for the EV revolution! All these gas burners will be history.
The EV stuff is no joke, they're fast as hell, I drove a Tesla P85D and that car moved out from 0 to 100, after about 90mph the car didn't pull much more than a stock hellcat. I know I Tesla Plaid will kill my built engine GT500 from probably any race, but it's not just about how fast the car is, there's so much more to a car than just the total speed.

Zemedici

Established Member
Great video :)
I make an appearance at some point.
That is my friend Bruce @spruce
Got a built sleeved block with ported heads/cams coming for a winter project.
Friendly rivalry with the goal of 8.xx for one of use with the man pedal.
I do love that grabber Blue!
-J

that you backing the car up?

Users who are viewing this thread