Post most recent pics of your '13-14 GT500

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
I like the look, hate the drone. Haven't sold my stock axle-backs yet. Researching a fix for the drone..

I've got 13-14 GT over axle pipes that have factory resonators in them I am going to try with my SS exhaust. Mine droned horribly and I took them off. I'm running Ford Racing and really like them but the SS are so unique looking. I got them from the dealer and cost was about $90 each. I'll report back once I get it all switched out.

Tom

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I've got 13-14 GT over axle pipes that have factory resonators in them I am going to try with my SS exhaust. Mine droned horribly and I took them off. I'm running Ford Racing and really like them but the SS are so unique looking. I got them from the dealer and cost was about $90 each. I'll report back once I get it all switched out.

Tom
Looking forward to your feedback.
If it works, do you have the part # for the 13/14 GT over the axle pipe ??

RockChalk

Established Member
Trunk or Treat...
IMG_2178.jpg

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
It's that sad time of the year when the fun cars get winterized and tucked in for their long winter naps. This is what I spent Saturday (when it was 70 degrees) doing, in advance of the cold and wet weather that moved in yesterday (when I don't think the temp made it above 40 degrees).
20211030_132501.jpg

20211030_173039.jpg

I think the only happy guy is my Amsoil salesman, from whom I need to replace 18 quarts of oil and two filters.

RockChalk

Established Member
Kansas can have really cold temps, and some snow, but most years, just cold and dry. I like to think I can get mine out occasionally when the roads are dry and definitely clear of salt, etc. We have been lucky enough that I can get it out once a month to get the juices flowing and get some miles in. Hope this year will be the same.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Kansas can have really cold temps, and some snow, but most years, just cold and dry. I like to think I can get mine out occasionally when the roads are dry and definitely clear of salt, etc. We have been lucky enough that I can get it out once a month to get the juices flowing and get some miles in. Hope this year will be the same.

how far from St Louis are you?

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Its a big thing in Georgia. If its a reason to have a car meet, they'll incorporate it
So is trunk or treat a big thing out there? Out of curiosity I Googled it and there were tons of them. Some days had them at various locations every hour.

Great looking GT-500 by the way. Silver and red go really well together.

Sent from my SM-G975U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
It's that sad time of the year when the fun cars get winterized and tucked in for their long winter naps. This is what I spent Saturday (when it was 70 degrees) doing, in advance of the cold and wet weather that moved in yesterday (when I don't think the temp made it above 40 degrees).
View attachment 1726106

View attachment 1726107

I think the only happy guy is my Amsoil salesman, from whom I need to replace 18 quarts of oil and two filters.

What the deal with that funnel?

Tom

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
What the deal with that funnel?

Tom
They're MotivX funnels. They were a gift from a friend. They're designed to provide positive connection to the valve cover thru which you're adding oil. The only ones that fit and work perfectly (for me) are the GM version for my Z06 and the Toyota version for my son's Tacoma. The "fitted" Ford ones didn't work for my Shelby, so I use their "extended funnel adapter makes it easier to refill engine oil on the Honda Odyssey / Pilot, Acura MDX and RDX, along with some newer GM vehicles." The Toyota one that fits my son's truck doesn't quite work on mine because of the supercharger I added. (Obviously, that's not MotivX's fault, but I am disappointed in their Ford funnels' fitment issues.)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Its a big thing in Georgia. If its a reason to have a car meet, they'll incorporate it

Sent from my SM-G975U using the svtperformance.com mobile app
LOL. I wish we had an equal passion for car meets up here. A decade or so ago there were multiple local (within a 20 minute drive) meets pretty much every night. Now, they're harder to find.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
View attachment 1726106

View attachment 1726107

Why wouldn't you do the $20.00 a year membership?
Products are much much cheaper. On one oil change you'd already recoup the $20.00

I actually pay for one year, than buy 2 oil changes for every vehicle in my household, which is 3.
I use my Citi card 2xrewards and one oil change is than free from the cash reward back. Sorry if I come across like Dave Ramsey or a know it all. Not my intent

LOL. I wish we had an equal passion for car meets up here. A decade or so ago there were multiple local (within a 20 minute drive) meets pretty much every night. Now, they're harder to find.

Well I don't go to trunk or treats. I'm grumpy and don't like kids clambering on and around my car even when its not Halloween. To your point, every weekend Fri and Sat nights we had two different places for very large car meets. Than, w/e car shows and stuff. All thats gone, and the car shows are fizzling too

Last cars and coffee I attended I had a guy pull up and tell me all about his Richard Pettty Edition mustang that cost him $93k......EYE ROLL

svt662

Established Member
Just changed my oil and filter again and added 5 miles in the past 2 years!

Attachments

• 7E43000E-1103-409A-AFA9-FB174E6F1A6B.jpeg
    7E43000E-1103-409A-AFA9-FB174E6F1A6B.jpeg
    316.8 KB · Views: 85
  • C6AFA056-12B6-4FC9-ADA5-95AE6E062317.jpeg
    C6AFA056-12B6-4FC9-ADA5-95AE6E062317.jpeg
    326.6 KB · Views: 85

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Why wouldn't you do the $20.00 a year membership?
Products are much much cheaper. On one oil change you'd already recoup the $20.00

I actually pay for one year, than buy 2 oil changes for every vehicle in my household, which is 3.
I use my Citi card 2xrewards and one oil change is than free from the cash reward back. Sorry if I come across like Dave Ramsey or a know it all. Not my intent
I agree. I have friend who pays to be a "dealer," so I actually get everything at his cost and he generally bundles orders to get free shipping. It's better than retail, but still more expensive than some of the other options.

Just changed my oil and filter again and added 5 miles in the past 2 years!
With all due respect, you're doing it wrong. You're supposed to ENJOY these cars! This was a couple of months ago...
20210912_102911.jpg

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I agree. I have friend who pays to be a "dealer," so I actually get everything at his cost and he generally bundles orders to get free shipping. It's better than retail, but still more expensive than some of the other options.

With all due respect, you're doing it wrong. You're supposed to ENJOY these cars! This was a couple of months ago...
View attachment 1726305

With all due respect, how the hell are you averaging over 18mpg?

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
With all due respect, how the hell are you averaging over 18mpg?
Everything on the Internet is not as it seems. In this case, it's about how much downhill coasting you've done since the trip odo was last reset. That said, I believe we tend to get slightly higher MPGs at the ~7K ft elevation where I live. (Less air available = less fuel required)

Looks at the awesome "average MPG" in this one from a few years ago...

Attachments

• 20180930_083516.jpg
    20180930_083516.jpg
    261.5 KB · Views: 63

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Everything on the Internet is not as it seems. In this case, it's about how much downhill coasting you've done since the trip odo was last reset. That said, I believe we tend to get slightly higher MPGs at the ~7K ft elevation where I live. (Less air available = less fuel required)

Looks at the awesome "average MPG" in this one from a few years ago...

The 18+ is still decent. We all know once can cheat for short periods.

I never reset one of my trips after taking delivery, and I believe that one is in the low 14s.

Users who are viewing this thread