Post one newer pic of your ride (EVERYONE!!)

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Looks great how hard was it to do?

Not too bad honestly. Testing out different methods on spare bumpers ate up a lot of time.

The only “hard” part is just trying to set the depth correctly so it’s not pulling the bumper cover in (you can see it deform) or if it’s too far out it’s difficult to unlatch it. You gotta pull the bracket away from the fender to get wrenches on the nut on each side.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
Not too bad honestly. Testing out different methods on spare bumpers ate up a lot of time.

The only “hard” part is just trying to set the depth correctly so it’s not pulling the bumper cover in (you can see it deform) or if it’s too far out it’s difficult to unlatch it. You gotta pull the bracket away from the fender to get wrenches on the nut on each side.
Did you measure the final depth???

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Did you measure the final depth???
Why would I do that?

I tried but battery in my micrometer was dead. With the supplied nut,washer and a thick fender washer from Lowe’s I had basically 4 full threads exposed. I’ll measure it at some point

IMG_3905.jpeg

colin450

Established Member
Image1713556344.604933.jpg

Convinced my Dad to buy this car 20ish years ago when they first came out. He wasn’t even a Ford or Mustang guy and it wasn’t till years later I figured out he bought because I loved it. His garage is full of BMWs so this car went to storage for the last few years. Couple weeks ago I told him I’m using it this summer and he basically told me he’s been waiting for me to take it.

12k miles totally stock 03. Had the original tires on it still but I just put 4 new ones on it and changed all fluids.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Finally!

Took the cobra for a good cruise, first time since last October. First time storing it with E85. I hit the new double lane highway and cruised to another town about 25 miles one way. Nice to cruise at 70 mph.

God I love this car!
b54f963c33c3c5324b63c9b486f34780.jpg
37cc67787da89163607ef7e8b3e400e8.jpg

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
View attachment 1837500

Convinced my Dad to buy this car 20ish years ago when they first came out. He wasn’t even a Ford or Mustang guy and it wasn’t till years later I figured out he bought because I loved it. His garage is full of BMWs so this car went to storage for the last few years. Couple weeks ago I told him I’m using it this summer and he basically told me he’s been waiting for me to take it.

12k miles totally stock 03. Had the original tires on it still but I just put 4 new ones on it and changed all fluids.

Wow, that was a great story. So your dad bought (knowing you liked the Terminators), stored it, and then ended up giving it to you. Factory stock and it only has 12K miles on it. Congratulations! Really nice looking Zinc Yellow Cobra! Enjoy the hot summer days in it with the top down. (y)

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
View attachment 1837500

Read the text to this story while the image struggled to load. I absolutely expected to see a Foxbody when you said 20 years ago. Suddenly a Terminator appears. Proof I’m getting old I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread