Post one newer pic of your ride (EVERYONE!!)

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Gave her a bath and took some pics with the new wheels and tires. She'll be put for most of the winter so i that will give me time to maybe pull the valve covers off and pretty them up. Question?? Wrinkle black or white valve covers??View attachment 1731863View attachment 1731864View attachment 1731865View attachment 1731866

Sent from my SM-N960U using the svtperformance.com mobile app
if you go white seems like youd have to get some kind of high gloss or clear over em or you'd never keep em clean. if they're gonna be white they gotta stay pristine imho

llvllanifest

Established Member
if you go white seems like youd have to get some kind of high gloss or clear over em or you'd never keep em clean. if they're gonna be white they gotta stay pristine imho
Yeah, i would most definitely clear over the white. Its such a pita to remove them that i only want to do it once. I need to look for images of cobras with both colors to get a better feel. Decisions

Sent from my SM-N960U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

FastKatt

Established Member
2019 Explorer Sport w/ 93oct tune
2021 Harley Davidson Road King Special
2019 Yamaha VMAX
77c0cb8cdbfd79702821b5dded1e5a69.jpg
f55844c05bc392da7ba9fb08b6df6cd5.jpg

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk
Someone blew a stop sign and totaled my explorer, so I have ordered a 22 Explorer ST

Dash cam video:
e8e4459c6b9453e17e225425c1d17929.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Wow, what a freaking idiot. He/she never even slowed. You weren't hurt, I hope. How fast were you going when you were hit?

Nice that you'll now be getting a '22 Explorer ST.

FastKatt

Established Member
Wow, what a freaking idiot. He/she never even slowed. You weren't hurt, I hope. How fast were you going when you were hit?

Nice that you'll now be getting a '22 Explorer ST.
She was going between 45 and 50 based on the speed limit of the road she was on, and no she didn't even touch her brakes that's why she bounced off of me.
I was going 55 when I 1st saw what was about to happen, I'm guessing she probably hit me when I got down to about 25 mph.
No, I was not badly hurt. My elbows shoulders and neck are a little sore, and I have an appointment tomorrow to see a bone and joint doctor.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Here you go

looks good!

with the crackpot prices of Gen 2 Lightnings I'm thinking another year or two and I'd be better off grabbing a used one of these with a coyote and put a blower on it. It won't ever have quite the same visual appeal imho but the performance will be exponentially better and ultimately cheaper

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
looks good!

with the crackpot prices of Gen 2 Lightnings I'm thinking another year or two and I'd be better off grabbing a used one of these with a coyote and put a blower on it. It won't ever have quite the same visual appeal imho but the performance will be exponentially better and ultimately cheaper
Yeah, i have seen Ls for high 20s low 30s. Might as well get a Coyote F150. I just paid it off this past May. Saving up for a whipple for sure.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah, i have seen Ls for high 20s low 30s. Might as well get a Coyote F150. I just paid it off this past May. Saving up for a whipple for sure.

crack heads are asking 15k for trucks with 150k miles and a bad title, GTFO. I was planning to buy one and run the piss out of it, when it blows it blows and drop a yote in it but not at these prices.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
She was going between 45 and 50 based on the speed limit of the road she was on, and no she didn't even touch her brakes that's why she bounced off of me.
I was going 55 when I 1st saw what was about to happen, I'm guessing she probably hit me when I got down to about 25 mph.
No, I was not badly hurt. My elbows shoulders and neck are a little sore, and I have an appointment tomorrow to see a bone and joint doctor.

I hope seeing an attorney was/is on your list as well. That could have been a LOT worse for either driver with a one second difference either way.

MGC

Established Member
COBRA1.jpg

putting a new heat exchanger in, made a better wind deflector on the bottom for it and going to box in the bottom of the bumper. Also put some hood struts on. Ordered some plaid corbeau's for it but they're backordered until April... oh well. I think I'm going to do a MM 4 point and the FTBR IRS kit over winter.

Last edited:

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
purchase. 40i, with the 22's and whatever else the wife wanted. Somehow it doesn't have cooled seats? In south Louisiana...

I am not sure if BMW is still like this but at least until recently they never had actual A/C seats, they offer "ventilated" seats which should be an option on the X5's. But the Germans also make everything an option, I'm currently driving a 2015 X5 diesel M sport that has no backup camera, because in 2015 that was an option.

sccapri

Established Member
It does some odd things like every time you stop the brakes stay applied. But the more I’ve driven it the more I get used to it’s safety aspects. It only has 160 miles so I haven’t gotten into it, but it should be as quick as the 18 tuned explorer. The interior very nice. It does drive very good, and has much better road isolation from bumps.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Auto hold is turned on. Look by the parking brake..... button has Auto H Should take care of that.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Finally got the blower back, been down for ~2 months for GT rear brakes, new front brakes, leaking trans, leaking blower and replacing fuel pump fuses

Need to put the street wheels on tomorrow and go bed the new pads

29B089F3-8429-4FB2-B745-C18D680148CF.jpeg

786D4970-D3B6-4FC8-8885-29D0C6A222BF.jpeg

Well it inserts one photo correctly then rotates the second one

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Here you go
What a great looking truck. The 22" look perfect. That paint is stunning! Is it as pristine as it looks in the photos?

Deer t-boned our Explorer... ~$4K

View attachment 1731948
Oh man, sorry to hear your Explorer took a deer hit. Did you get a repair estimate yet? Was "only" the door damaged?

View attachment 1732038

putting a new heat exchanger in, made a better wind deflector on the bottom for it and going to box in the bottom of the bumper. Also put some hood struts on. Ordered some plaid corbeau's for it but they're backordered until April... oh well. I think I'm going to do a MM 4 point and the FTBR IRS kit over winter.
April will be here before you know it. Your planned winter mods will whittle away at that time.

Users who are viewing this thread