Posting about MSX is open again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quik Z06

Established Member
Good luck Mike, hopefully its a strong motor and works out for you.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
ponygt65 said:
Just wanted to post an update....my shortblock appears to be finished. Dyno run 'should be' Monday-Tuesday.

Yes, APPEARS.
It' s not running yet, and when it's started there's no guarantee it'll be correct.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
^^did I get the heads?......don't sure what you mean exactly. When I asked about a set of heads when I was there, he said they weren't mine. (which they weren't, and I knew that).

98svt.....that is why I said appears. I did not take the pic...however, it is better than nothing, what i requested, what he promised, and I did see the bare block, new pistons, new rings, etc. in person and this assembled short block is exactly what I saw. (not to mention it was the only aluminum block at the shop). And I know there is a chance of it not running right, but aside from taking longer than we agreed (end of June) he has done everything else he promised, so I have to accept that. Not to mention, I WILL get a written warranty.

Pete - Thanks man...I think some of his motivation may be that I told him we were going to race once the car was broken in....LOL.

Last edited:

gpro71bird

Need for Speed
Established Member
ponygt65 said:
I just figured the crank was messed up from a rod........or, he just lied because my Heads weren't ready. (I'll take the latter).

You had mentioned that the heads weren't ready on the 8th. Was wondering if your heads came back? :shrug:

Last edited:

Quik Z06

Established Member
ponygt65 said:
Pete - Thanks man...I think some of his motivation may be that I told him we were going to race once the car was broken in....LOL.

Lol, what are you going to race my "new' car in my sig? I think I told you I sold the Cobra :) :beer:

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Quik Z06 said:
Lol, what are you going to race my "new' car in my sig? I think I told you I sold the Cobra :) :beer:
F'uCK..no. I wanna have a chance...Nice to see you picked it up man..that is one mean SOB.:beer:

The Z06 member?...I mentioned it to him when I went to see the block.

Quik Z06

Established Member
LIGHTNING LARRY said:
Where are the pics Pete?:thumbsup:

Lol, here are a few and a vid...enjoy :rockon:

1999CorvetteFRC750rwhp-DriverSide.JPG

1999%20Corvette%20FRC%20750rwhp.JPG

1999CorvetteFRC750rwhp-Engine2.JPG

Click here to see Video

Quik Z06

Established Member
Haha thanks guys, yeah I looked at a few cars but when I seen that one I knew that was the one I had to have :) Not too bad either the guy I bought it from is really cool and let me have it for $31.5 so he came down quite a bit.

Quik Z06

Established Member
Haha actually ints not a "Z" :) Its a FRC (Fixed Roof Coupe) although they did add the Z06 vents etc and are functional. As far as the alternator noise, yeah thats the first thing im doing when I get it home :D

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
^^^.....I'll be honored to be your first death Pete....or first..snack?.....however you want to phrase the demolish you will hand me.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
LIGHTNING LARRY said:
What's the word on your car Mike? Finish date?
He said wednesday........well, I replied with, I will be picking it up this week...we agreed on the 30th. Three weeks late is more than reasonable. SO, Either way...I am getting my car, unless it is all finished except for a dyno run..that will be the only reason I won't call AAA to pick it up.

UPDATE: Just heard from him. He should be picking up the heads today, and even has it setup for a dyno run on WEdnesday. So...we will see. And I am still waiting for the members' info....that well might have run dry though....we'll see.

Last edited:

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
As of 8pm last night, we are still a go for WEdnesday.

I have yet to hear about the members situation though. I have asked everytime I speak to him.

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
ponygt65 said:
He said wednesday........well, I replied with, I will be picking it up this week...we agreed on the 30th. Three weeks late is more than reasonable. SO, Either way...I am getting my car, unless it is all finished except for a dyno run..that will be the only reason I won't call AAA to pick it up.

UPDATE: Just heard from him. He should be picking up the heads today, and even has it setup for a dyno run on WEdnesday. So...we will see. And I am still waiting for the members' info....that well might have run dry though....we'll see.

Why did it take so long to get the heads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread