Posting about MSX is open again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
LIGHTNING LARRY said:
Why did it take so long to get the heads?
truth?...who knows. LOL

Seriously though..he told me that he sent them to a different shop than the shop that did the motor, because it was more familiar with heads. When he got the heads he didn't like the work, so he sent them to the machine shop that did the motor to have them do it.

All I know for sure, is the shop that did the block, did not have the heads originally. As long as I have my mach heads and cams (which who knows) I am fine....the dyno numbers will show for sure what heads I ahve though.

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
ponygt65 said:
truth?...who knows. LOL

Seriously though..he told me that he sent them to a different shop than the shop that did the motor, because it was more familiar with heads. When he got the heads he didn't like the work, so he sent them to the machine shop that did the motor to have them do it.

All I know for sure, is the shop that did the block, did not have the heads originally. As long as I have my mach heads and cams (which who knows) I am fine....the dyno numbers will show for sure what heads I ahve though.

Good luck to you Mike.:beer:

Billy is so full of shit who knows what the truth is. :kaboom:

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
LIGHTNING LARRY said:
Good luck to you Mike.:beer:

Billy is so full of shit who knows what the truth is. :kaboom:
Thanks Larry...we will see. I have txt'd him twice today with no response....so who knows. Hopefully he is just busy at work.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
^^^^ - update:

Well, Billy sent me a text that the car wasn't going to be ready because of the heads. Needless to say I was a bit pissed. Well, I decided to call the machine shop before I did or said anything. Low and behold, the machine owner told me everything. The block was returned for re-hone/cam work. The heads are at the shop and it was delayed. They are waiting on cam guides to show up. Apparently Billy called to see what they would suggest about the heads, and they said to bring it in. Sure enough, the heads were badly warped. They needed to be decked, three valves needed to be replaced, and the cam guides were F'd up. They are due in today, and should be put together for Billy to pick up.
So, Billy hasn't lied (aside from taking the heads to a different shop - from what I can tell) according to the shop owner. And the main part is, I never mentioned a thing about what Billy told me. The shop owner assured me that this will be the end of the machine work, and he shouldn't have any more problems with the long block or motor work as far as he was concerned.

SO.....hopefully I'll be making a happy trip this Saturday. And seems how I have to go to custody mediation again tomorrow..that would be a very nice ending to the week.

dropstang4u

Established Member
once you`ve become a registered user how long does it take for your account to become active. I`m trying to get a hold of a couple people in this thread . Not having much luck pming them if someone could help.

Last edited:

"SNAKIE"

Established Member
anybody know if this ****** is going bankrupt. im filing the papers for court next week i was just curious cuz i wouldnt mind driving out there with some friends to say hello if he did????!!!!!

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
SNAKIE said:
anybody know if this ****** is going bankrupt. im filing the papers for court next week i was just curious cuz i wouldnt mind driving out there with some friends to say hello if he did????!!!!!
I never gave me a straight answer when I asked. I have the impression that he is just going to lay low and do local work....but don 't quote me on that, since it is just a hunch.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Heads are all done. They will be picked up today. The car should be all ready this weekend. Now the question is...should I wait and get a new tune installed? If I do, I will most likely have to wait until Monday-Tuesday. If not, i can pick it up this weekend.

I would just hate to have the car back with the machine work without knowing if the existing tune will be adequate.

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
ponygt65 said:
Heads are all done. They will be picked up today. The car should be all ready this weekend. Now the question is...should I wait and get a new tune installed? If I do, I will most likely have to wait until Monday-Tuesday. If not, i can pick it up this weekend.

I would just hate to have the car back with the machine work without knowing if the existing tune will be adequate.

Who's tune is it?

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Well....as of this afternoon, I am supposed to pick up my car tomorrow at 4pm.

We shall see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread