Potential M6 vs GT 500

InvisibleBlade

Highway to Hell
Established Member
What a bunch of pompous a**holes. I read through that entire thread and some of them just can't comprehend/read. Right away they jumped on you with all this BS. You weren't even trying to antagonize them but they got all defensive. Definitely race and record.

FastOldGuy52

Established Member
What a bunch of pompous a**holes. I read through that entire thread and some of them just can't comprehend/read. Right away they jumped on you with all this BS. You weren't even trying to antagonize them but they got all defensive. Definitely race and record.

Yeah I'm a little surprised at the elitist "I got an expensive car so you ain't shitt" attitudes. The fact is I paid more taxes last yearthan half of those guys make every year. They just don't get it that everyone doesn't want an M6. :lol1:

Last edited:

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
stop trolling their site and just race that deuschbag---shut him up--then you can continue to be a pest on their site

ZOMBEAST

Killed by Death
Established Member
I would shut it down in the 150 to 175 range. You should be well ahead by that time with your power. The M's have better aero than the GT500 so don't start out too high if you can't go from a dig. 200mph on paper doesn't take into account the aero of the 07-09 GT500's. You may not get there. Make sure your tires are properly inflated, front and rear.

You have to get this on video. Too many vids from victorious M's.

NA_Cobra

Established Member
here is everything i know about an M6 off the top of my head they are a 5.0L V10 with 500hp and 383tq they weigh 4,098lbs. i have heard on other forums that a full exhaust on them will make an additional 50rwhp over stock and with bolt ons intake, exhaust, tune they will put down around 500-510rwhp even if this guy is making almost or over 500rwhp that is a lot of weight to move!

if i had to bet on it my money would be on the GT500

EDIT: saw the post's on M5board, please shut them up :D

They dyno 430-440rwhp stock and fullbolt ons mentioned aboved usually net 490-500rwhp. 510rwhp is on the highside.

Don't let the weight of the M6 fool you, that's a rookie mistake. The M6s gearing makes up for its weight disadvantage. Also, the M6 has 6 pulling gears and 1 OD gear.

Last edited:

FastOldGuy52

Established Member
I would shut it down in the 150 to 175 range. You should be well ahead by that time with your power. The M's have better aero than the GT500 so don't start out too high if you can't go from a dig. 200mph on paper doesn't take into account the aero of the 07-09 GT500's. You may not get there. Make sure your tires are properly inflated, front and rear.

You have to get this on video. Too many vids from victorious M's.

If he wyll race it will be om video/ Any race will be from a dig. There are several GT 500's in the Texas mile 200 mph club.

NA_Cobra

Established Member
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKe_jXfa8_A"]YouTube- CHEVROLET CORVETTE Z06 GOLD BOLT vs. BMW M6 E-63 NOELLE STROKER[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ne0i04HegA8"]YouTube- m6board.com/gtboard.com:#5 Corvette Z06 vs Kelleners BMW M6[/ame]

490rwhp BMW M6 vs Stock 440rwhp C6Z06
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_QpKNozKN0"]YouTube- Race 2 - Modded 2006 BMW M6 vs. Stock 2007 Corvette C6 ZO6[/ame]

MAXSE2kMT

HAIL THE AMBER LAMPS!
Established Member
This video was from this past summer. We went from I believe 40-140. Supposedly the fastest NA M6 on the east coast. I think you should take him easily.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkHhz1ERvaI"]YouTube- 93 67mm Supra on 20lbs vs. 2008 Autosport Stage 2 6spd M6[/ame]

MAXSE2kMT

HAIL THE AMBER LAMPS!
Established Member
Well Done! or should .... or should I say toast!

Lol thanks, I'm the cameraman unfortunately. Still looking for my perfect Sonic Blue Cobra. By the way, that's the same M6 that is posted earlier vs the white vette. Very cool owner, loves to push the car and have fun. Love your GT500 dude!

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
So has this race actually happened yet, or are we still guessing the outcome.

Last edited:

FastOldGuy52

Established Member
Well I couldn't get BadM6 to race. I'm tired of the elitist attitude so my car is going to the Texas Mile I told them anyone that shows up we can make a bet on who is faster.

TomballGuy05

Established Member
I had a short run with an M6 when I was at 461rwhp and we were dead even. No idea what he had done if anything. It was only a short pull, probably 50-80 but I don't see him standing a chance at all against you.

Grant Theft Auto

I hit deer.
Established Member
Well I couldn't get BadM6 to race. I'm tired of the elitist attitude so my car is going to the Texas Mile I told them anyone that shows up we can make a bet on who is faster.

what does a stock GT500 trap in the mile? :shrug:

from the M5 board i heard a stock M6 traps 161mph

Grant Theft Auto

I hit deer.
Established Member
They dyno 430-440rwhp stock and fullbolt ons mentioned aboved usually net 490-500rwhp. 510rwhp is on the highside.

Don't let the weight of the M6 fool you, that's a rookie mistake. The M6s gearing makes up for its weight disadvantage. Also, the M6 has 6 pulling gears and 1 OD gear.

:nonono: in vids i have watched it looks like 7th gear pulls just as hard as the rest of them do

DE07GT

Established Member
from the M5 board i heard a stock M6 traps 161mph

:bs:
Just goes to show how much they exaggerate. Everything I've seen is closer to 120.

Plus I just looked it up...they're electronically limited to 155 stock.

Last edited:

DE07GT

Established Member
Guys, thats 162 in A MILE, not the 1/4 mile, LOL.

i think a gt500 traps 168 in the mile

Damn I can't read. As soon as I read trap speed, I thought of the 1/4. Even to do that the speed limiter would have to be disabled though.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread