pre ordered the new MGW shifter

et9secstang

Established Member
First of all...calling the MGW gen 1 a pos and the Barton so much better is a joke because they essentially copied my design but could not use the adjustable throw factor since it was patented. If your customer had grind issues the throw setting was set too short. Simple as that.

And here is the install video guys...

[video=youtube;JO1tqoGXQ2g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JO1tqoGXQ2g[/video]

George
I totally agree with you I had the Gen 1 and I had no grind issues. I found out that the factory linkage on my car has a small amount of play and that was my issue, the new shifter takes that out of the system. I highly recommend the GEN 2, thanks MGW.

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
the 1-2 grind was exaggerated by the pos gen1 mgw shifter.
With all due respect... :bs:

First of all...calling the MGW gen 1 a pos and the Barton so much better is a joke because they essentially copied my design but could not use the adjustable throw factor since it was patented. If your customer had grind issues the throw setting was set too short. Simple as that.
+1. MGW does NOT make "pos" products. Having installed a Gen 1 in my car, that previously suffered from 1-2 grind, I can confirm it solved the grind issue and tightened-up shift feel quite nicely. Both the Gen 1 and Gen 2 are also great looking shifters - It's a shame they're hidden after install.

Last edited:

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
No way I would try to do this with the drive shaft in place. When I did my Gen 1, I remove the front, and moved it so it rested on my x pipe. It made it easier for sure. Even then I had a hard time getting my hands in the small places.

The new shifter looks solid. I have only missed second a few times, but it has happened. Waiting to hear on the new setup and how it feels when running down the track.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Mine got here yesterday, fantastic looking piece as always. Going to try to get it installed this weekend after the Tremor gets dropped. I sure hope it fixes my 1-2 issues, doubt Ford will give me another new transmission.

Last edited:

1320 Junkie

Established Member
10.73 @ 132 mph w 1.65 60' i clicked of yesterday in my customers car after removing the Gen 1 MGW....Barton did its job and clicked 1-2 like a champ.....sorry if my review is harsh but Barton doesnt make a Gen 2 because Gen 1 is working just fine. Maybe saying POS was harsh but ill stick to my review of Barton being my fix for the 1-2 issue because real world ive seen the results...sorry. Hope the Gen 2 lives up to the hype.

Last edited:

JV_92_03_10

Established Member
I have the Gen II in my 2012 with 28k miles on the original trans. I had crazy amount of play in my stock shifter, even when it's in gear. I've had it for over a week now and I can attest to the fact that this is a solid product and by far the best offering for GT500 owners. I had severe lock out issues on the stock shifter which I have yet to encounter. Honestly, I have been trying to get this shifter to mess up but it just hasn't. I've done deliberate shifts, deep clutching, half-ass clutch, and just enough to get it to engage only to see what the shifter would do. It goes into gear every time under any condition. WOT 1-2 shifts are a breeze.
The engineering George and his crew have put into the Gen II shifter have/will revolutionize the way shifters are made for this car. I've driven cars with the Gen I which was an excellent product as well. I've also tested and talked to the Barton guys. They were nice folks. It's a nice product but you aren't going to get the solid, confident feel out of their current model than you get from MGW's Gen II.

MGW

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
10.73 @ 132 mph w 1.65 60' i clicked of yesterday in my customers car after removing the Gen 1 MGW....Barton did its job and clicked 1-2 like a champ.....sorry if my review is harsh but Barton doesnt make a Gen 2 because Gen 1 is working just fine. Maybe saying POS was harsh but ill stick to my review of Barton being my fix for the 1-2 issue because real world ive seen the results...sorry. Hope the Gen 2 lives up to the hype.

BITCH PLEASE....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HFGp6UdXoo

our customer Jim Larocca sent me this vid of him testing the Gen 2 this week!!

just kidding man...the Barton guys made great products..and they are good guys...Competition is good it keeps innovative and cutting edge products alive!!

TVS VERT

Established Member
BITCH PLEASE....

just kidding man...the Barton guys made great products..and they are good guys...Competition is good it keeps innovative and cutting edge products alive!!

BTW your showing him a youtube clip of jimmy's car testing......its Jay (blwn04) in the background saying "NICE"

1320 Junkie

Established Member
BITCH PLEASE....

Should have seen him yank the 20's in 2nd gear with my barton ;-)

Kenneth

Established Member
OK, still waiting for someone that swaps their gen 1 for the gen 2 from a 11-12' car.

looking to buy their gen 1.

Users who are viewing this thread