Pre-Workout Supplements...

HandoZiZle

WHIPPLE INSIDE
Established Member
So i finally tried some the other day called Fuzion and i'm not really sure what to think about it. I felt like it did made my workout much better but i'm not sure if it's just placebo effect or what. So here are my questions to all the body builders of SVTP...

1. Who all take some kind of pre-workout supplements? How do you like it and how long have you been using it for?

2. What brand do you use and why? I heard of Jack3d being pretty good.

3. What are some of the pros and cons of taking this stuff? I'm afraid of being addicted to it or not feeling as energetic when you're not taking it.

Thanks!

Killer04

Established Member
So i finally tried some the other day called Fuzion and i'm not really sure what to think about it. I felt like it did made my workout much better but i'm not sure if it's just placebo effect or what. So here are my questions to all the body builders of SVTP...

1. Who all take some kind of pre-workout supplements? How do you like it and how long have you been using it for?

2. What brand do you use and why? I heard of Jack3d being pretty good.

3. What are some of the pros and cons of taking this stuff? I'm afraid of being addicted to it or not feeling as energetic when you're not taking it.

Thanks!

Pre workout supps are nothing more than marketing hype in my opinion. I use to take NO-Xplode, Size On etc etc and while I definitely felt more focused and had more vascularity while using them, it was really the stimulants that did it all. I should say I have NEVER drank a full cup of coffee in my life, so for me I was WIRED from half the dose.

If you have the extra money to burn, they aren't TERRIBLE, but if your goal is to increase muscle mass and size, you should make sure your diet is in order FIRST, make sure your drinking plenty of water, sleeping and training properly. Supplement wise, creatine, protein powder is all you need. Some like glutamine for recovery, I've also found that to be a huge waste of $$$.

KILLER

HandoZiZle

WHIPPLE INSIDE
Established Member
Pre workout supps are nothing more than marketing hype in my opinion. I use to take NO-Xplode, Size On etc etc and while I definitely felt more focused and had more vascularity while using them, it was really the stimulants that did it all. I should say I have NEVER drank a full cup of coffee in my life, so for me I was WIRED from half the dose.

If you have the extra money to burn, they aren't TERRIBLE, but if your goal is to increase muscle mass and size, you should make sure your diet is in order FIRST, make sure your drinking plenty of water, sleeping and training properly. Supplement wise, creatine, protein powder is all you need. Some like glutamine for recovery, I've also found that to be a huge waste of $$$.

KILLER

Yea that's kinda how i feel. I don't really drink anything beside water and alcohol so i'm not sure how wired i'll be. I always workout at night due to school so i don't want to be up all night.

baginoman

Mind over Matter
Established Member
FOOD.

pre-workout supps. are a waste imo

intra. and post workouts though are another story...

ryanjoachim

Established Member
ive tried jack3d and hemo-rage both are okay but cellucore just came out with C4 and i got it which is the best preworkout out there now. trust me you wont be disappointed.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Pre workouts, to some extent, are worthless. They'll do nothing to increase gains other than give you more energy during your workout, making you feel stronger to push yourself harder.

Jack3d is good, if you aren't sensitive to 1,3 DMAA. You'll have to try it out to asses your tolerance. 1MR is my favorite pre workout, but it's very stim heavy.

Killer04

Established Member
Yea that's kinda how i feel. I don't really drink anything beside water and alcohol so i'm not sure how wired i'll be. I always workout at night due to school so i don't want to be up all night.

Definitely don't take it anywhere close to bed... at least 4 hours before minimum, especially since you don't drink coffee etc. You'll be up at night, heart pounding.... not to mention in my opinion its not good for your adrenal health at that time of night, but that's a whole different can of worms.

Creatine, Whey, or Egg protein, diet in check, sleep and water plus CONSISTENCY = growth

I'm not implying this is you, but so many people think this supplement or that supplement will take them to the next level, and while there are ones out there that def help, the bottom line is you have to put in the work and be consistent or supps are worthless too regardless.

KILLER

SVTsupremecy

Established Member
White Flood by Controlled Labs...stuff works good. I only use it to help motivate me to work out more than anything. Drink it after I get home from work, and before I can get comfortable, Im ready to go workout.

I only take half dosage as well.some of these pre-workouts are RETARDED strong.

HandoZiZle

WHIPPLE INSIDE
Established Member
Definitely don't take it anywhere close to bed... at least 4 hours before minimum, especially since you don't drink coffee etc. You'll be up at night, heart pounding.... not to mention in my opinion its not good for your adrenal health at that time of night, but that's a whole different can of worms.

Creatine, Whey, or Egg protein, diet in check, sleep and water plus CONSISTENCY = growth

I'm not implying this is you, but so many people think this supplement or that supplement will take them to the next level, and while there are ones out there that def help, the bottom line is you have to put in the work and be consistent or supps are worthless too regardless.

KILLER

White Flood by Controlled Labs...stuff works good. I only use it to help motivate me to work out more than anything. Drink it after I get home from work, and before I can get comfortable, Im ready to go workout.

I only take half dosage as well.some of these pre-workouts are RETARDED strong.

This is the reason why i want to use pre-workout. I was doing fine before and during the winter break. My schedule is pretty hectic now and i have no energy while i'm at the gym. I'm guessing half to one serving is more than enough for me.

massmustang02

I hate Wrist Pins
Established Member
Be careful with Jack3D guys. Just tested and found to be cut with amphetamines. I've personally never seen a jacked crackhead.

I like to use BCAA's, a preworkout by Musclesport International called Mass Revolution which has GPLC(glycocarn aka different form of L-carnitine) for a good pump, and a little bit of Kre-Alkalyn creatine. The idea is to get just a little bit of stimulants. Too much too quickly will be counter-effective to your workout. It'll dilate your blood too much.

I believe the BCAA's to be the most essential part of the workout because they prohibit muscle breakdown and allow you to push your workout further. Also help with protein uptake.

Blakonblak94

Wishin it was SVT
Established Member
I've been using some new stuff from GNC called ssinjuice. Pretty expensive, but it does well. We also have some local stuff a guy puts out called Nitro-NCG. Its pretty wicked, gives a crazy pump, but some people have tested positive for amphetamines on it. So yea.

massmustang02

I hate Wrist Pins
Established Member
I've been using some new stuff from GNC called ssinjuice. Pretty expensive, but it does well. We also have some local stuff a guy puts out called Nitro-NCG. Its pretty wicked, gives a crazy pump, but some people have tested positive for amphetamines on it. So yea.

I've used SSIN Juice by Biorhythm before. I like it a lot. Designed to compete with Jack3d, I find it less stimulant based and better dosed on beta-alanine and nitric oxide ingredients.

Users who are viewing this thread