Pre-Workout Supplements...

Slo3kgtVtr

Established Member
I just swig a tall glass of chocolate milk, and take beta alanine. Following workout: Cell tech and nitro tech, and more beta alanine.

GloomySVT

LolUMad?
Established Member
If you guys want a real kick in the ass, mix your pre-workout supplement well in hot water. I've been doing it with 1MR, and the effects hit almost instantly, and feels TWICE as potent. :beer:

HandoZiZle

WHIPPLE INSIDE
Established Member
Thanks for the response guys, lots of great information. I think i'm going with White Flood or Vasocor. I do take multi-vitamins, fish oil, whey, and glutamine already. I think i'm going to do a 4 weeks on/off cycle (is this good?). I would try Jack3d but it's not woth failing my random drug test IMO.

And i'll try the hot water trick one of these days.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Chocolate milk is a wicked energy booster, believe it or not. Not like caffine energy, but caloric energy.

It think it's okay for replenishing but not immediately before a workout. Choclolate milk has simple carbs, (sugar) and saturated fat.

2 hours before my workout I take a protein shake and about 60-80grams of complex carbs, (brown rice or oats).

That gives me caloric energy, or whatever. :p

By the way, I'm going to try that hot water thing. Never heard of that before.

boatcop1

Established Member
I just swig a tall glass of chocolate milk, and take beta alanine. Following workout: Cell tech and nitro tech, and more beta alanine.

Stop giving Muscletech your money. Cell tech and Nitro tech are garbage and only target the average joe that dosent know any better. There are FAAAAAAR superior products out there for 1/4 the price. Do yourself a favor and :read:

I'm not intending to flame at all just giving the heads up.

If you like the product thats great, but there is superior products out there that will save you money.:beer:

MinGrey02Stg2

Established Member
I started taking NO Xplode back in '03 and loved it. I was then recommended other stuff so I tried them. Years later I've found myself back to the NO Xplode after trying all the others. It doesn't seem like many have given it good reviews here, but I love it. Two scoops 30 mins before working out and I get to the gym wanting to run through walls.

RedDemon91

Established Member
Stop giving Muscletech your money. Cell tech and Nitro tech are garbage and only target the average joe that dosent know any better. There are FAAAAAAR superior products out there for 1/4 the price. Do yourself a favor and :read:

If you like the product thats great, but there is superior products out there that will save you money.:beer:

This, Cell tech is loaded with sugar and is so incredibly bad for you. Anything by Musletech is a giant waste of money.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member

Yeah, I was going to say that too.

Cell tech, is absolute garbage. It's creatine with like 80grams of dextrose, (sugar) for $50. :lol1:

PureSound15

Established Member
Jacked and Creatine Monohydrate.

I've been taking creatine on and off for 12 years now and think it's by far the most worth while supplement.

The cheap stuff works just as well IMHO.

KB_GT

Potato Peeler
Established Member
Ive tried a lot of pre-workouts but I prefer no xplode. Jack3d definitely helped me focus in the gym but I wasnt nearly as energetic and It didnt seem like I got as good of a pump compared to when I was on no xplode. Fuzion is a decent pre workout, but I probably wont ever buy it again. There are better things out there for the same price. I have only tried Vasocor once and it worked really well for me. I'll probably get that next. The guys at Nutrishop will probably let you sample the stuff you are thinking about buying.

rkomo

Herro, Mr. Itabashi here
Established Member
$45 for 20 servings....You can make your shakes for 1/3 that with the same nutritional content. Oats + whey + natural peanut butter + a blender. :beer:

Dont think you can easily duplicate it exactly, plus there's the convenience factor. I'm more than willing to pay for that...:thumbsup:

Marc

Established Member
I am 45 years old and have been lifting since I was 18 years old. My age, I am (IMOP) in very good shape. I am not so much into getting "Big" but more into staying "cut up" Even at 45 years old, you can see a tiny six-pack. The thing is, I am just looking to "cut up" and not get huge. I am actually pretty good size 5'11, 195/200 lbs.

I eat several times a day trying to watch what type of carbs I take in (complex vs. simple). I know I don't eat enough protein, so that contributes to me not getting bigger (which I don't mind so much).

The only supplements I use are a multi-vitamin in the morning and NO-Explode before a workout. NO-Explode works pretty good for me (other than that itchy feeling in my face/head like someone mentioned before). I guess I need to take that "Jacked" that everyone mentions. I don't take any creatine only type stuff as again I am not looking at getting any bigger. Being in the military, I try to stay somewhat trim as I am required to run at least 3 times a week.

Basically, if I can find that "Magic per-workout" supplement that would boost my energy level 10-fold before a workout, I would be sold. NO-Explode works pretty good, but I am sure there is something better out there.

Last edited:

chimazo

Established Member
I jut mix some instant coffee with my vanilla protein shake, along with whatever else I am eating, about 1.5-2hrs before the gym.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
I usually have a cup of black coffee and some fruit pre-workout (20-25 minutes prior). The natural hit of sugar and caffine works well for me. I've tried Nano Vapor and NO Xplode but they made me feel more like shit than anything. To each his own.....you're going to get MANY different opinions on this. Many pros use the stuff but they get paid to endorse shit.

whistler19

All the way!
Established Member
MuscleTech is absolute garbage just like everyone else said. no-xplode pre workout works very well. Syntha 6 for post workout. Those 2 supplements help you to gain awesome results.

Users who are viewing this thread