Pre-Workout Supplements...

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
It think it's okay for replenishing but not immediately before a workout. Choclolate milk has simple carbs, (sugar) and saturated fat.

2 hours before my workout I take a protein shake and about 60-80grams of complex carbs, (brown rice or oats).

That gives me caloric energy, or whatever. :p

By the way, I'm going to try that hot water thing. Never heard of that before.

Chocolate milk is excellent for post workout. At the collegiate level and even NFL combine workouts, the workers give the athletes 12 oz of Chocolate milk post workout and won't let them leave until they drink it.

High glycemic things are what you need to consider after a workout (spikes your insulin levels), chocolate milk is high on the GI list. Not to mention, decent amount of protein and it is very easy to drink. No need to mix protein and shake it around to waste time.

After a workout, you are in a catabolic state (muscles breaking down). You have a very limited amount of time after you lift to feed your muscles with nutrients. Chocolate milk is perfect for a quick, easy way to get in your nutrients.

Last edited:

RedDemon91

Established Member
Same here. I leave work, get food, and its straight to the gym.

I'm doing pretty good in my opinion. I'm just shy of 13 months since I started working out, and I'm up 39.6 pounds as of last night.

I'd love to gain that much, I'm one month back in strong and not getting off track this time. Where you work out man?

Kevins89notch

Established Member
I'd love to gain that much, I'm one month back in strong and not getting off track this time. Where you work out man?

Eat big, lift big, get BIG!

Metro24/7 at the UCF location. I'm there 5 nights a week around 12:30 or so AM till 2:30ish.

Having the gym almost all to myself = :bowdown:

GloomySVT

LolUMad?
Established Member
By the way, I'm going to try that hot water thing. Never heard of that before.

Just a little common sense I applied. Hot water dissolves things far better than room temp or cold water. After I've mixed my pre-workout, there is a lot less powder left at the bottom of the glass. Stim based preworkout supps hit like freight trains with this little "trick". My gift to you all :beer:

Last edited:

04HarleyF250

Fun in the Sun
Established Member
....Creatine, Whey, or Egg protein, diet in check, sleep and water plus CONSISTENCY = growth...
KILLER

Im glad to see things like this come up a number of times in the thread.

I know, I know, it doesnt answer your question...

You want to "invest" in something? Read a book about programming (BOOK not magazine). Amazon has a ton of good books on the subject, most for under $20.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Chocolate milk is excellent for post workout. At the collegiate level and even NFL combine workouts, the workers give the athletes 12 oz of Chocolate milk post workout and won't let them leave until they drink it.

High glycemic things are what you need to consider after a workout (spikes your insulin levels), chocolate milk is high on the GI list. Not to mention, decent amount of protein and it is very easy to drink. No need to mix protein and shake it around to waste time.

After a workout, you are in a catabolic state (muscles breaking down). You have a very limited amount of time after you lift to feed your muscles with nutrients. Chocolate milk is perfect for a quick, easy way to get in your nutrients.

I agree, that's why I said to replenish! :beer:

I do however think going into a catabolic state is a bit overemphasized by some. Most people won't deplete their glycogen levels after a single 45min-1 hour workout unless they're on a calorie and/or carb deficient diet.

If you time your carb consumption correctly and you aren't doing 2 a day workout splits and/or heavy cardio mixed in with your lifting you likely won't deplete your glycogen level to the point where you go into a catabolic state.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Just a little common sense I applied. Hot water dissolves things far better than room temp or cold water. After I've mixed my pre-workout, there is a lot less powder left at the bottom of the glass. Stim based preworkout supps hit like freight trains with this little "trick". My gift to you all :beer:

I'll try that today with some 1MR or Jacked...... deadlift day, so a little extra kick could come in handy. :rockon: Strained my intercostal a few weeks back, this is my first week going heavy on deads again, nothing like being exhausted the rest of the day after some heavy sets.

Last edited:

Slo3kgtVtr

Established Member
Stop giving Muscletech your money. Cell tech and Nitro tech are garbage and only target the average joe that dosent know any better. There are FAAAAAAR superior products out there for 1/4 the price. Do yourself a favor and :read:

I'm not intending to flame at all just giving the heads up.

If you like the product thats great, but there is superior products out there that will save you money.:beer:

What would you recommend I take for a creatine delivery drink? I agree that cell-tech is overpriced and has way too much sugar, but I take half dosage. I am actively looking for something else, but I haven't found any testimonies on other products. Any ideas from you guys what would be a good replacement for Cell-Tech? I'm 5'9" and 195 with 10% body fat and looking to stay strong in the gym and work on definition.

His Grace

Genesis 1:31
Established Member
Pre workout supps are nothing more than marketing hype in my opinion. I use to take NO-Xplode, Size On etc etc and while I definitely felt more focused and had more vascularity while using them, it was really the stimulants that did it all. I should say I have NEVER drank a full cup of coffee in my life, so for me I was WIRED from half the dose.

If you have the extra money to burn, they aren't TERRIBLE, but if your goal is to increase muscle mass and size, you should make sure your diet is in order FIRST, make sure your drinking plenty of water, sleeping and training properly. Supplement wise, creatine, protein powder is all you need. Some like glutamine for recovery, I've also found that to be a huge waste of $$$.

KILLER

Ding Ding Ding we have a winner!

GloomySVT

LolUMad?
Established Member
I'll try that today with some 1MR or Jacked...... deadlift day, so a little extra kick could come in handy. :rockon: Strained my intercostal a few weeks back, this is my first week going heavy on deads again, nothing like being exhausted the rest of the day after some heavy sets.

Report back. I'd like to know how it worked with the Jack3d :beer:

WyoTechMSA

Rampage Skeet Hen
Established Member
Report back. I'd like to know how it worked with the Jack3d :beer:

I'm gonna try it with my Superpump Max and BCAAs in a few minutes. Gym at 5. I'll report back around 6:30.

I've read about it before though, my BCAAs say right on the container not to use really cold water because it compromises the solubility of the nutrients

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
Heroin + a little crack.
From what I'm told, the mixture is a great goof-ball.
You can sleep while working out.
Kinda like a sore dick. You can't beat it.
That should do it.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
I mixed my pre-workout supp in hot water and I gained like 12lbs in 3 hours, my dick grew 3 inches too.

This is insane.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
UPS man brought me a present. This should help on my work days, which kills my diet.

166824_495377271273_715186273_6357113_2649070_n.jpg

RedDemon91

Established Member
UPS man brought me a present. This should help on my work days, which kills my diet.

166824_495377271273_715186273_6357113_2649070_n.jpg

How do you like that? I was using Cytogainer for the longest time and I wanna pick up another weight gainer.

Edit: I didn't see a difference with mixing Jack3d in very warm water. But again, pre-workouts don't have a huge affect on me to begin with. After I use this tub I'll go back to drinking coffee before workouts again.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread