Procharger guys

SpittingCobra

Established Member
Now something I want to know is can you reclock the head unit on the 03-04 Cobra Procharger kit so that you can run a front mount intercooler and blower through set up running into an 01 Cobra intake?

100_0558.jpg

coeng4.gif

coeng5.gif

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
^^^Thats bad ass! Not really what I was getting at though. I guess I'm not wording my question the right way. If you have a 03 Cobra with the Procharger F1 kit that runs the blower directly into the sheet metal intake, can you, with that same kit and bracket, reclock the blower so that it runs in the same configuration as all the other Cobra setups, to a front mount and then to say an 01 Cobra intake?

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member
Doug, I would go with a single 76mm hellion kit before i would go with the F1a

the adjustabilty of the turbo boost alone would sell me on a turbo setup before a F1a

between a centri and a turbo, you are going to have to wait for the boost to kit in, not like a PD blower.
so i say Turbo all the way!

SpittingCobra

Established Member
^^^Thats bad ass! Not really what I was getting at though. I guess I'm not wording my question the right way. If you have a 03 Cobra with the Procharger F1 kit that runs the blower directly into the sheet metal intake, can you, with that same kit and bracket, reclock the blower so that it runs in the same configuration as all the other Cobra setups, to a front mount and then to say an 01 Cobra intake?

Put your spectacles on brosif! :eek:

:dw:
Pic #1 is just like that with an 01 intake, and front mount, that's a new edge cobra on this site. Also pics 2 and 3 are with a front mount too. It dosen't matter what intake..

The clocking of the blower has nothing to do with where the air goes.. The tubing does. It seems more convenient to me to have the the blower already on the driver side so you're tubing doesn't have to snake over there and then around the damn rad. The whole thing is a pain in the ass.

And the procharger brackets mount to the bearing case of the blower, not the volute. The volute is held on by some clamps fastened with allen bolts. You can clock it however the hell you want. You could send it straight out the hood if you so pleased.
Here is a 97 with a front mount.. I was looking to buy all this guys stuff and put it on my car. The D1 isn't enough for me.
[ame=http://videos.streetfire.net/video/DYNO-RUN-ON-96-COBRA-WITH_150608.htm]DYNO RUN ON 96 COBRA WITH PROCHARGER F1A - Car Videos on StreetFire[/ame]

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Sir, how much more proof do you need?!?:dw:

Last edited:

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
The Idea I have is to buy a used 03 engine instead of rebuilding my short block. That way I would get better cylinder heads, use my existing cams and part out the rest of my engine and recoupe some of my $$$. Now in all the pictures you posted they are cog setups. Not something I would want in a daily driver. And my plans for my Cobra is to DD the car. I would like to run an 8 rib set up. So if I had an 03 engine, with the 03 timing cover, is there anything really preventing me from running the traditional 03 Cobra Procharger F1A set up similar to that of the 97 Cobra Procharger set up? This may seem like a stupid question to some but the timing covers are different from each other. I do not know if anything is in the way of the hot side piping that would prevent such a set up. I dont have much experience with 03 Cobra's so thats why I ask. And to this day I have not seen a picture of someone running an 8 rib with the blower on the PASSENGER side running into a front mount. Sorry its taken this long to fully explain what I'm after.

01yellercobra

Established Member
So you want to swap the 03 motor into your 97? You do know you'll need to find a 99/01 Cobra or Mach 1 intake right? Why not swap the timing cover from your 97 onto the 03 motor?

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
^^^The reason is I am likely going to sell my Procharger in order to keep the expense at a minimum. So I will just have the eaton for awhile untill later on when I go to the F1A. But I like the 96-01 Cobra Procharger set up over the 03-04 Cobra set up. So if I do get that kit the question is could I easily modify it in order to run like the 96-01 Cobra kits? I would think it would be easy but I have not seen it done before.

And to the OP sorry I hijacked your thread. Didn't think it was going to turn into such a fiasco.

Last edited:

highdensity007

Best wifey EVAR!
Established Member
Just sent my P1SC to be upgraded to a D1SC with a vortech mini race valve. I like it because at lower rpms in overdrive I get decent gas mileage 23mpg hwy but its not my daily driver.

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
So if I do get that kit the question is could I easily modify it in order to run like the 96-01 Cobra kits? I would think it would be easy but I have not seen it done before.

I have personally seen an '03 with it on the passenger side and the bracket used was hefty. I just have no idea about what "kit" was used, or if it was custom.

.n0b.

moar powa
Established Member
I think a cog setup would be best, reading about all these belts being tore up. Do you have to do those custom?

joeason1010

Banned
I really thought about cause he has a '03 cobra bottom end with I think Mach 1 heads but I could be mistaken and the '01 intake and @12 #s he said of only made 440, but that's how he got it and he doesn't know how conservative the tune is. That's my only problem. How mich power could I make with that setup on my '03 cobra?

500 plus no problem

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member
I think a cog setup would be best, reading about all these belts being tore up. Do you have to do those custom?

cog is not really ideal for street use. if you get your alinement and your tension right, a 6 rib pulley on a f1 will give you alot of boost. I think even the 4" pulley is in the 20's for boost.

but with alot of boost and timing you are going to be forced to run race gas all the time. which is one of the other reasons i got rid of my procharger.

saleenkid01

Established Member
i have a 01 saleen with a built stroker motor and a p1sc-2 at 12lbs. car made 537 rwhp/445 rwtq. i need an fpdm upgrade, bigger t/b and meth kit and i should be over 600rwhp on the p1sc-2, then ill upgrade to d1

SpittingCobra

Established Member
^^^The reason is I am likely going to sell my Procharger in order to keep the expense at a minimum. So I will just have the eaton for awhile untill later on when I go to the F1A. But I like the 96-01 Cobra Procharger set up over the 03-04 Cobra set up. So if I do get that kit the question is could I easily modify it in order to run like the 96-01 Cobra kits? I would think it would be easy but I have not seen it done before.

And to the OP sorry I hijacked your thread. Didn't think it was going to turn into such a fiasco.

Geez bro. You're making this too hard. Here you go:

97 cobra. C heads. 01 intake. F1 pass mount. 8 ribs!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rWkiFFOOw4"]YouTube - PROCHARGER F1A COBRA DYNO TEST 2 841.5rwhp/840rwtq[/ame]

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member
i have a 01 saleen with a built stroker motor and a p1sc-2 at 12lbs. car made 537 rwhp/445 rwtq. i need an fpdm upgrade, bigger t/b and meth kit and i should be over 600rwhp on the p1sc-2, then ill upgrade to d1

dont bother, the p1sc-2 impellar is pretty much a d1 impellar already. the difference would be very minimal.
certainly not worth a 1200 dollar upgrade, thats for sure.

Last edited:

Hkaiser83

I am Captain Dynaball.
Established Member
Procharger is hands down the best thing next to an 8-71 or something. Whipples and Kenne Bells are great for fun street cars but not serious enough to compete. You can get an F1R Procharger to deliver 38#'s of boost. It could take you to 1200hp if you wanted. Like to see a 3.4 whipple try that. That's an F1 procharger too. Plenty bigger ones to upgrade to! I'm doing a build around an F2 currently. Planning on a conservative tuned 1200hp with good streetability. :rockon: Procharger FTMFW :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread