Procharger guys

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
Procharger is hands down the best thing next to an 8-71 or something. Whipples and Kenne Bells are great for fun street cars but not serious enough to compete. You can get an F1R Procharger to deliver 38#'s of boost. It could take you to 1200hp if you wanted. Like to see a 3.4 whipple try that. That's an F1 procharger too. Plenty bigger ones to upgrade to! I'm doing a build around an F2 currently. Planning on a conservative tuned 1200hp with good streetability. :rockon: Procharger FTMFW :rockon:

Rock on! I like the comparison to the legendary "8-71". While a totally different class of blower, it's the benchmark of small block chevy performance.

Ever seen an 8-71 4V?

What do you think costs less? 8-rib conversion? Or a dedicated drive conversion?

Homer

ctothap

Established Member
hey doug, when i get all the bugs out of my car, we will have to meet up and you can see what the d1 can do. i am almost done so let me know, i keep lookin for your car when im out, so i guess we will have to set something up!!

harvboi05

Established Member
how many people have trouble with leaking blowers? i have limited experiences with procharger owners and they both mentioned hating the self contained system leaking everywhere.

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
Doug, I would go with a single 76mm hellion kit before i would go with the F1a

the adjustabilty of the turbo boost alone would sell me on a turbo setup before a F1a

between a centri and a turbo, you are going to have to wait for the boost to kit in, not like a PD blower.
so i say Turbo all the way!

I second this...

Also, the turbo will be about 150 ft/lbs more powerful in the midrange with the same amount of boost... Thats what makes a turbo so damn fun..

Start comparing dyno graphs of like boost on turbo car and a centrifigul car and you'll immediately see why everyone loves turbos...

Oh and I'm tired of ****ING BELT SLIP!!!!

joeason1010

Banned
Doug, I would go with a single 76mm hellion kit before i would go with the F1a

the adjustabilty of the turbo boost alone would sell me on a turbo setup before a F1a

between a centri and a turbo, you are going to have to wait for the boost to kit in, not like a PD blower.
so i say Turbo all the way!

HAHA no way F1A all the way or a Vortec YSI.

joeason1010

Banned
Procharger is hands down the best thing next to an 8-71 or something. Whipples and Kenne Bells are great for fun street cars but not serious enough to compete. You can get an F1R Procharger to deliver 38#'s of boost. It could take you to 1200hp if you wanted. Like to see a 3.4 whipple try that. That's an F1 procharger too. Plenty bigger ones to upgrade to! I'm doing a build around an F2 currently. Planning on a conservative tuned 1200hp with good streetability. :rockon: Procharger FTMFW :rockon:

Sorry for the repost guys but this comment got me I am Procharger or Vortec all the way and a F2R will take you past 1200 HP guys that is a blower for serious racers. My engine builder Bart Tobener is running a Vortec YSI on a fully built 5.4 Mod Motor and his YSI takes him deep into the low 8's he is the world record holder for the heaviest and fastest Renegade I would say a F1A and a YSI are about the same size so and these make probably upwards of 900+ HP

johncr250

Established Member
I just heard an f1 on a cobra and all I can say is wow! Installation looks pretty simple its just tuning that beast can be a handful I guess.

Ralo

Established Member
How much boost can you run on 93 with a Terminator? What kind of numbers are seen at that boost?

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
I feel your pain IUP99snake. But we could have a solution very soon as House of Boost is making a dedicated drive for 4v's that will hopefully eliminate belt slip and alignment issues.
I think it is already out judging by this link. I might scrap the stock intercooler and Procharger intake and go with a FMIC setup with this bracket and drive and a Mach1 or 01 Cobra intake. House of Boost Store: We Make Fast Stuff FASTER - 4v Ford Mustang Dedicated Bracket System

Dynotune04

The Turtle
Established Member
problem with an f1a on an 03 cobra motor is it will be very lazy on the low end. 8.5:1 compression and a centri blower is weak sauce. to make an 03 cobra motor run right with an f1a you would need to put pistons in it. 9.5:1 is what i would do. centri blower cars need to make some power on their own to get up into the boost. i assure you though once that blower comes on its not gonna stop making power. i have been debating doing this for a while. when the time comes and my motor gives up the ghost it will be built and set up for an f1a.

Users who are viewing this thread