procharger i-1? has anyone drove with one?

lovebread

Established Member
Not a single person who has installed this kit has come back to tell their story whether it be here or moddedmustangs.

Probably better off with a real procharger kit?

Tron84

Damn Newb
Established Member
there was a guy that was bragging about it on MM but when people started asking basic questions about it, including pictures of it installed, he took off. :shrug:

13 GT/CS

Established Member
From what Ive heard and been told its not a bad kit. It makes power and the programmable options is also nice...BUT...your paying a stupid amount of money for it imo. Like someone stated above a normal procharger kit or any other supercharger for that matter will give you the same power at a cheaper. Lets put it this way...I bought my supercharger, dual gauge setup, custom dyno tune and install which equaled around the same price as the I-1 before it even gets to my door -_-

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
someone on here has one but I do believe its been suffering serious belt issues since getting the controller reprogrammed to up the boost

Voltwings

Established Member
If you want programable boost for $10k then get a TT kit. The I-1 is an awesome advancement, and I hope it's the future of supercharger technology, but right now it's just not feasable.

OG_

Established Member
You can have programmable boost w/ just about any centrifugal supercharger. :) I wonder how long the I-1 will be in production...

Voltwings

Established Member
You can have programmable boost w/ just about any centrifugal supercharger. :) I wonder how long the I-1 will be in production...

Asssuming you're talking about the torque booster, that doesnt really count.

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
Procharger came to our location a few months ago and let us test drive them. I will say this, it was a lot of fun. Boost was controlled by a touch screen and it was instant boost on the hit. I liked it a lot!

bigriff85

Established Member
i have it. i only use this forum so if i did a post on MM and haven't been back on there since probably. lol
My car on 7psi w/ 9.5:1 aluminator did 591/560. On 10psi 624/602 and this was with stock exhaust. I have since added a boss manifold & kooks 1 7/8 longtubes with off road X. The belt issue I had was because I swapped to an ATI balancer & Procharger had changed some stuff on the bracket so we ran into alignment issues. It's fixed now & the car is going back on the dyno at 10psi with the bolt ons i added & probably some more boost. I'll keep you guys up to date it should be done in another week or 2 hopefully! The car pulls really strong & I've enjoyed it so far.

MRSUPRA

Established Member
/\Keep us updated. That's pretty impressive power and torque numbers, especially for having a stock exhaust.

streetmuscle07

Established Member
Twins cost just as much also.plus its not instant.if i was to buy the i-1 i woud wait till a company like lethal had a 10-20% sale

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
The I-1 is a great concept. But for the cost, I'd rather set you up with a standard procharger with a wastegate setup. We can make one of those fly for considerably less cost. Stage 2 kit with a head unit upgrade, and make some serious down low.

bigriff85

Established Member
when i get it done i will do that. I like it very much so far. I so far have had on this car - Procharger P1SC Stage 2 (didn't like it -586/475). Hellion single (loved it but long story had to sell it for new engine 598/623), TVS (hated it- 575/513), Paxton 2200 (loved it- 685/532) and now this i-1 blower (624/602). The i-1 what i like the most is that I can literally turn this thing off and you wouldn't never know I had a blower on the car. If you push a button on the touchscreen you can change the ratio of the blower. Sport mode comes on like my 2200 did very linear but aggressive (i was running 15psi on my 2200 and had 532tq) and then Competition mode comes on extremely hard instantly like the TVS but with way more torque and no fade up top. I'm only gonna try to hit 700rwhp w/ it and call it a day I'm tired of tearing this thing down as you can see. lol my car is a 3.73 manual car.

Last edited:

tvanlant

Established Member
So your paxton made 685/532 on 15 spi, and your i-1 made 624/602 on 10 psi? Impressive

Last edited:

PhillyLS1

Established Member
I've heard nothing but bad reviews. From it being extremely heavy with a poor bracket and the unit taking up a ton of room. The benefit of a supercharger is it's simplicity. I'm not sure there was ever a "need" for this product other than getting a neat LCD screen.

tvanlant

Established Member
I've heard nothing but bad reviews. From it being extremely heavy with a poor bracket and the unit taking up a ton of room. The benefit of a supercharger is it's simplicity. I'm not sure there was ever a "need" for this product other than getting a neat LCD screen.

I'll have to disagree with you. I doubt very many people have this supercharger yet, so "actual" reviews are scarce other than bigriff's. The "bad reviews" I've read about have all come from those selling competitor products.

Why would there not be a need for this product? It delivers a PD blower boost curve with the efficiency of a centrifugal blower, and the ability to intercooler with an air-to-air. Best of both worlds.

As for the weight.... I'm not sure. Procharger says that the weight is comparable to a PD blower.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread