Promtion make a 26 spline clutch setup?

TRBO VNM

Most fw adjusters use one or two small dinky ass screws to bolt the fw adjuster to the fw. Also the fw has a lot of flex in this area. With a high clamp load pp the fw will twist, PMP's fw adjuster uses a nut on the inside of the car, a nut on the outside and a plate inbetween. It sandwiches the fw between the nuts and plate. It's a very very nice piece. I have not seen another company with this design.

Interesting. I agree, haven't seen anyone else with that design. The best I have seen in regards to mounting is 4 bolt, but it is a pita to get all 4 in. I use 3 unless the motor is out or being lowered for something else.

Just cause others use it at that power level does not make it correct...

LOL, so true

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Is a adjustable pivot ball required with Promotions clutches?

Tims97SVT

Established Member
Is a adjustable pivot ball required with Promotions clutches?

No, it's a single disk clutch so use the factory pivot. If yours is warn now is the time to replace it.

Oldmodman, I'm not sure if the site has pics. I never looked, I go off Walts word. If he tells me this is the way to go then I say ok throw it in the box. It's not only the fw adj, it's also the quad. The ramp rate is dif from all other units. All these double and triple hook jobs are a load of bs!

Jason, I know you've tossed the idea about goin pmp from that "cough cough" great Fidanza 4.3. You'll love it so much more if you switch.

TRBO VNM

No, it's a single disk clutch so use the factory pivot. If yours is warn now is the time to replace it.

Oldmodman, I'm not sure if the site has pics. I never looked, I go off Walts word. If he tells me this is the way to go then I say ok throw it in the box. It's not only the fw adj, it's also the quad. The ramp rate is dif from all other units. All these double and triple hook jobs are a load of bs!

Jason, I know you've tossed the idea about goin pmp from that "cough cough" great Fidanza 4.3. You'll love it so much more if you switch.

I don't buy anything some companies spew in regards to the double, triple hook stuff. I just know that the UPR one works in regards to setting things up on these cars. So many people complain about not being able to get their clutch adjusted correctly and some times that is because of the quadrant they purchased. The location of the middle hook on UPR's is perfect when it comes to adjusting these clutches.

That said, I agree that the ramp rate will play a factor in how the clutch pedal feels along with what clutch. You can almost think of the quadrant as a pulley in a sense that how it is designed could change the pedal effort. Similarly with a cable/rope and pulley system, it could make the job of lifting things a lot easier.

I am hoping to change my engine harness today. If so, I will know if that fixes my electrical issue. If it does, then I can give this fidanza hell and see if I have the same failure as you did. I am sure come summer time I will be switching them out anyway.

Tims97SVT

Established Member
I don't buy anything some companies spew in regards to the double, triple hook stuff. I just know that the UPR one works in regards to setting things up on these cars. So many people complain about not being able to get their clutch adjusted correctly and some times that is because of the quadrant they purchased. The location of the middle hook on UPR's is perfect when it comes to adjusting these clutches.

That said, I agree that the ramp rate will play a factor in how the clutch pedal feels along with what clutch. You can almost think of the quadrant as a pulley in a sense that how it is designed could change the pedal effort. Similarly with a cable/rope and pulley system, it could make the job of lifting things a lot easier.

I am hoping to change my engine harness today. If so, I will know if that fixes my electrical issue. If it does, then I can give this fidanza hell and see if I have the same failure as you did. I am sure come summer time I will be switching them out anyway.

Exactly right! I say it's like a cam but which ever.

Fyi Jason, when my clutch went it took the input shaft with it.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I run the one to the right. $129 jobie.

How many miles have you put on your clutch with that adjuster/quadrant? No problems with adjustable cable? I wonder if either of there adjuster/quadrant requires there cable? I called yesterday and talked to June I believe. She said that Walt or Wally would call me back. Hmm still waiting guess maybe next week?

Last edited:

Tims97SVT

Established Member
How many miles have you put on your clutch with that adjuster/quadrant? No problems with adjustable cable? I wonder if either of there adjuster/quadrant requires there cable? I called yesterday and talked to June I believe. She said that Walt or Wally would call me back. Hmm still waiting guess maybe next week?

I have 342.xx miles on my new set up. My buddy has the same set up with 1500-2k miles. We both have zero issues. My buddies car has seen serious track duty. Launching at 6500.

I don't think you need to be worried with the adj cable. Pmp does not sell junk parts. Yea Wally or Walt will return your call. Probably early next week. As stated before sometimes it take a bit for them to get back to you. In the event they don't call back just call again. The performance of the parts is worth the wait.

TRBO VNM

Na, will never run an adjustable cable. But thats just me. With owning 4 terminators, installed countless setups and had previous mustangs, stock cables have been in and I have never had an issue with one.

Tims97SVT

Established Member
Na, will never run an adjustable cable. But thats just me. With owning 4 terminators, installed countless setups and had previous mustangs, stock cables have been in and I have never had an issue with one.

Had a ford racing adj cable in my fox. Put 15k on it with zero issues.

03svtcobracoupe

Established Member
hopefully im not too late for this but my pro motion clutch is awesome pedal is identical feeling to the stock s197 hydraulic set ups as far as pedal pressure. clutch releases smooth.... i haven't really gotten into it much because weather hasn't been so great and i have been busy but so far so good.

Tims97SVT

Established Member
hopefully im not too late for this but my pro motion clutch is awesome pedal is identical feeling to the stock s197 hydraulic set ups as far as pedal pressure. clutch releases smooth.... i haven't really gotten into it much because weather hasn't been so great and i have been busy but so far so good.

Awesome man! Did you get the clutch cable kit with yours as well?

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
have over 40k miles (and close to 2 years) on my promotion clutch (the car is my DD), and loving it. im running their basic cobra 11" clutch kit, which was $290. the clutch pedal is sooooo much lighter than stock. it actually feels like any other manual car now. there has been ZERO clutch chatter from day one. if i ever have to replace the clutch again, i will be going right back to them.

they do have 26 spline clutches for sure, b/c back when i ordered mine, they tried upselling me to the 26 spline (which i declined, as you know) =]

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
I called them and I'm waiting for them to call back. I haven't put my rxt in yet! It's brand new in the box and I put it in the market to try and sell. I also have a brand new fiore adjuster and quadrant. Money is a little tight at the moment so I'm trying to find another alternative, as my work is cutting our hours. I've heard nothing but good things with promotion so I figured I'd give it a try. I'm also have my shop do the whole install, just hope they don't say "oh man a adjustable clutch cable!".

Also, my shop isn't the biggest fan of Mcleod clutches for some reason.

wtf? so your "shop" tells what they're going to work with and what they won't? how are you sure they're going to work with a promotion when you show up with it? Seems like you are getting screwed here with very expensive parts, paying taxes and shipping, and then facing additional losses trying to sell something brand new thats perfectly fine and is really sought after

i've never heard of someone refusing to install a mcleod product. The rxt is top of the line and works extremely well from daily driving to drag racing. I'd find a new shop!

good luck Bdubbs

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
wtf? so your "shop" tells what they're going to work with and what they won't? how are you sure they're going to work with a promotion when you show up with it? Seems like you are getting screwed here with very expensive parts, paying taxes and shipping, and then facing additional losses trying to sell something brand new thats perfectly fine and is really sought after

i've never heard of someone refusing to install a mcleod product. The rxt is top of the line and works extremely well from daily driving to drag racing. I'd find a new shop!

good luck Bdubbs

Whoooa, where did I state that they will NOT install the Mcleod clutch? They could care less as long as they get business. There simply stating there opinions. Thats a pretty bold statement saying I should find a new shop without you seeing some of there work! They installed my FTBR diff bushings and lpw cover and did a really great job.

Users who are viewing this thread