pros and cons:procharger vs roush tvs

grnenvy

Established Member
Lol

lol Dude u have know clue what your talking about or know anything about me.
I used to race in the Renagade class back in the 90s. We were running mid 9s on 8 rib Serpentine setup T-Trim Vortechs. Guys like me are the reason guys like u are able to buy a Pro Charger/ Paxton kit in a box and everything fits.
No fancy intercooler like u have today not until a little later in the 90s until they came out. We were running those time unintercooled.
My rant goes out to all the turbo guys that always think turbos are the fastest.
Like I said before SuperChargers are still the fastest in the world until beaten.
As for me talking about what blower is better use the search button u will see I speak up alot alomost to much.

Oh on a side note the guy that bought my car took it to the Renegade Championships and won in 2010.

Holy nut swing!! You must drive a NHRA top fuel car on the street right?

People are talking on the street her my friend not an all out drag car that runs on nitromethane. JESUS, people like you get old. This guy has probably never been in a fast turbo car or centri car.

As for info on the procharger kit. I had one about a year ago on my car before I did the hellion TT kit. I mustang say the install instructions and design of the procharger kit, (besides he front crank pulley) is superb. You can literally put the procharger kit on and be driving in about 4hrs. It was a very easy install! Very easy! But like some have said the the base intercooler isn't the greatest and the intake placement isn't the best also. But my blower kept leaking and they sent me three new blowers in about 500 miles of deiving and they all leaked so,i got my money back. Here is a pic of when I had my procharger

70a022eb.jpg

41a78c1a.jpg

c0eeee84.jpg

Last edited:

turbosha

stirring the pot since'74
Established Member
so whats the deal with the crank pulley.the supercharger trys to spin the balancer..
something about having to drill the crank and pin it.......

badbiach

"Frame Twistin!"
Established Member
I used to race in the Renagade class back in the 90s. We were running mid 9s on 8 rib Serpentine setup T-Trim Vortechs. Guys like me are the reason guys like u are able to buy a Pro Charger/ Paxton kit in a box and everything fits.
No fancy intercooler like u have today not until a little later in the 90s until they came out. We were running those time unintercooled.
My rant goes out to all the turbo guys that always think turbos are the fastest.
Like I said before SuperChargers are still the fastest in the world until beaten.
As for me talking about what blower is better use the search button u will see I speak up alot alomost to much.

Oh on a side note the guy that bought my car took it to the Renegade Championships and won in 2010.
No dude, you have no clue. I really don't want to get into a pissing match, but if you know anything, you should know that the powers at be, know that they have to keep the field competitive. And if you raced Renegade "back in the 90's", then you should remember the VERY STRICT rules on turbo cars. Hey GRNENVY, do some of this........ :read: I'm just sayin. Now, back to the OP.... Paxton from Beefcake or JPC, then put it on corn..... OHHHH YAAAAAA!

Last edited:

badbiach

"Frame Twistin!"
Established Member
For one, NHRA's rules outlaw turbochargers. Why, I don't know. So they have to use a supercharger.
Second, they are unsafe for that application. Because the fuel is still burning when the exhaust valve opens, the hot burning nitromethane would hit the turbine wheel of a turbo. This would NOT be a good thing, as there aren't any materials yet made that could withstand the heat of burning nitromethane (it's much hotter than burning gasoline or diesel), and the extremely high RPMs (upwards of 175,000 for the largest turbocharger made, to make the boost necessary for 7000hp)

Thanks DTR. Among other reasons....

turbosha

stirring the pot since'74
Established Member
been seeing good runs with the vortech kit on you tube. i really like the blower whine.
i see the cut gears to quiet it, whats makes'em louder??

slamdcoop0428

Established Member

slow-clap.gif

grnenvy

Established Member
lol

I don't care about rules I was making a true statement a FACT. Superchargers being the fastest in the World.
Figures 200 posts always the new guy.

No dude, you have no clue. I really don't want to get into a pissing match, but if you know anything, you should know that the powers at be, know that they have to keep the field competitive. And if you raced Renegade "back in the 90's", then you should remember the VERY STRICT rules on turbo cars. Hey GRNENVY, do some of this........ :read: I'm just sayin. Now, back to the OP.... Paxton from Beefcake or JPC, then put it on corn..... OHHHH YAAAAAA!

Last edited:

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
your original post says you want instant torque so the TVS is what you want.

cost/performance wise, as Beef has said, the Paxton is much more efficient and can take you further than the procharger...not to mention much less out of your pocket.

i didnt need the instant torque of the tvs, i can roast the tires in first, second, third, and have even broken loose in fourth with the paxton kit.

Tell me how the paxton is more efficient then the procharger, or is beef just saying that to sell his inventory! I need to know because i will be buying soon!

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Tell me how the paxton is more efficient then the procharger, or is beef just saying that to sell his inventory! I need to know because i will be buying soon!

There are many benefits to the paxton / vortech setups over the procharger setup.

1) The Pax/Vor kits have a larger intercooler, than even the stage 2 procharger kit.

2) The Air intake placement. The pax/vor setup reusues the factory air box location, which has proven to be a great source of air and great right from the factory. The procharger inlet is at the rear bay of the engine sucking in heat from not only the engine, but from the headers as well. HOT HOT HOT. The pax/vor are still adaptable to using a JLT CAI kit as well.

3) Crank stress. The Pax/Vor setup utilizes the factory tensioner setup. It adds 0 more stress to the crank. The Procharger setup adds an extra pulley to the front of the crank, an extra tensioner, which is constantly pulling. I have seen more than one crank fail on these cars with that setup.

4) More Power Potential - The 2200 kit will outperform any stage 1 or stage 2 and even the upgraded head units above the stage 2 procharger.

5) And this is the best - Cost. The cost is less. Hands down, the best way to go.

The only benefit to the procharger is that if for some reason the s/c belt breaks, the car can still run. However, as the vortech / paxton's utilize the oem belt setup, the chances of a belt actually breaking is slim to none.

In 3 years, i have yet to be left stranded on the side of the road, my drive to the track is over 60 minutes each way

Last edited:

Sof Top

boost junkie!
Established Member

Lower IAT's, look where the procharger kit draws air from vs the paxton

Paxton comes with a bigger intercooler

Paxton kit comes with the Novi 2200 more potential, your limited with the ps1c head

Paxton alot cheaper than the equivialnt procharger kit.

Im not hating on procharger, but for the 2011+ Mustang the Paxton/Vortech more bang for the buck

Last edited:

grnenvy

Established Member
Hmm

Well there u have it now u know. The Nitro will melt the turbine.

UOTE=D.T.R;12754996]For one, NHRA's rules outlaw turbochargers. Why, I don't know. So they have to use a supercharger.
Second, they are unsafe for that application. Because the fuel is still burning when the exhaust valve opens, the hot burning nitromethane would hit the turbine wheel of a turbo. This would NOT be a good thing, as there aren't any materials yet made that could withstand the heat of burning nitromethane (it's much hotter than burning gasoline or diesel), and the extremely high RPMs (upwards of 175,000 for the largest turbocharger made, to make the boost necessary for 7000hp)[/QUOTE]

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Wait a minute, something is not right, If the Paxton is that much better and cost less, then those that make pro charger should be out of business! JPC Racing please Chime in on the Pro charger vs Paxton debate, what has been your experience since you sell and install both Super chargers?

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Wait a minute, something is not right, If the Paxton is that much better and cost less, then those that make pro charger should be out of business! JPC Racing please Chime in on the Pro charger vs Paxton debate, what has been your experience since you sell and install both Super chargers?

the coyote isn't the only platform for these companies, one car working better isn't putting a company out of business.

you can make power with any kits on these cars.

however, on this platform, the paxton works better and has more potential on the initial setup.

same things i just posted.

Last edited:

xxbmxlsxx

Established Member
prochargers have fallen behind in the last few years since compression ratios of cars are higher. the iats of prochargers are considerably higher than vortech/paxtons making them less efficient for our higher compression motors. i would never buy a procharger for a street driven you almost have to run meth or higher octane fuel.

my vortech t-trim at 10 psi doing back to back dyno pulls this past july in st louis humidity say 90 degree iats. my procharger on my yukon with their "upgraded" intercooler at 8psi would be 120 degrees after driving normal down the road and would pull so much timing it would be a

seems to me people know the procharger name or like that theyre blowers are louder and thats why they get them. vortech/paxtons have always been better in my opinion

Last edited:

Fun4me

Established Member
the coyote isn't the only platform for these companies, one car working better isn't putting a company out of business.

you can make power with any kits on these cars.

however, on this platform, the prochager works better and has more potential on the initial setup.

same things i just posted.
Oh really.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Ok the experts have convinced me Paxton 2200 novi for over 600 Rwhp, also gonna put a set of American Racing headers with catted x-pipe. That should get me there with 7lbs of boost!!!!

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
so the procharger has higher iat's? any proof?
I highly doubt there is a 5hp difference between the d1sc and 2200 at the 9-10psi most 5.0 owners will run.

xxbmxlsxx

Established Member
just the proof from the many many supercharged cars ive had and/or worked on. i dont know if its from them drawing air off the headers, the self contained oiling, the gears inside or the intercooler design but every procharger setup ive had or messed with had a higher iat at the same boost level than a vortech/paxton air to air intercooled car. back when vortechs didnt use air to air intercoolers the prochargers were better since they did use air to air. things have changed but procharger hasnt really. i would never run a procharger on a street driven car since they almost require meth to get good safe consistent power

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
just the proof from the many many supercharged cars ive had and/or worked on. i dont know if its from them drawing air off the headers, the self contained oiling, the gears inside or the intercooler design but every procharger setup ive had or messed with had a higher iat at the same boost level than a vortech/paxton air to air intercooled car. back when vortechs didnt use air to air intercoolers the prochargers were better since they did use air to air. things have changed but procharger hasnt really. i would never run a procharger on a street driven car since they almost require meth to get good safe consistent power

so you swapped from procharger to a vortech/paxton on the same vehicles using the same boost. What was the differences in IATs? Dyno numbers? track times?

stang910

Established Member
so the procharger has higher iat's? any proof?
I highly doubt there is a 5hp difference between the d1sc and 2200 at the 9-10psi most 5.0 owners will run.

Since you believe both will make pretty close to the same power at 9-10psi why would anyone spend $1000 more for a Procharger. At the price a Procharger kit is going for I'd go Whipple or TVS without thinking twice about it.

Users who are viewing this thread