Pullied cobra vs 460 rwhp H/C/I ls1 camaro

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
I saw a really nice camaro at a gas station by my house and when he started the car i heard a cam so i went over and talked to the guy. I asked him his mods and he said it had full exhaust, lid, ud pulley, unported fast 90, ms3 cam, and stage 2.5 heads. He said the car made 460 rwhp. I asked if he would like to run my pullied cobra and he said sure. We went from a roll and we did it 3 times. He wanted a 60mph roll and we did that first. I yanked him from the hit about a car than shifted to 3rd and pulled a few cars and he let off around 120 with me about 4 cars ahead. We ran from a 50 and the outcome was the same every run. As soon we got to about 120 he would let off and he said i just kept pulling so what was the point. Anyhow the guy was amazed by the way my car ran and for the power i made compared to his car. I think his car should've been a little faster but we can't all have good running cars lol.:coolman:

evolve

Established Member
There was something not right about that car. It should have been faster, but like you said in the last line there... Great kill nonetheless!!!

res0n0xg

Established Member
There is almost no chance the guy actually made 460rwhp. Getting an LS1 on stock cubes to 460rwhp is very tough NA.

I'd probably say he made 420rwhp and 400rwtq

SSmoked99

Burn that sh*t UBZ
Established Member
There is almost no chance the guy actually made 460rwhp. Getting an LS1 on stock cubes to 460rwhp is very tough NA.

I wouldn't say its "tough". Most people just don't want to spend the money for good heads/cam.

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member

i've seen ls1's(stock cubes) make close to 500rwhp. 460 is not that hard to do. You should look up the specs on a ms3 cam because it's not a small cam. I know a car that had a t-Rex cam that made 445 with the stock heads on with stock cubes.

therobman

Established Member
listen to 2sick4v's he knows his shit a 460RWHP m6 ls1 fbody with h/c/i is easy with off the shelf parts and 500 is doable yea nice runs with similar power he should have got you by a few but anything can happen i have a cam only ls1 m6 and ive ran 2 pullied cobras and we were neck and neck and i only make 415rwhp with just a cam still stock heads and intake

Last edited:

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
listen to 2sick4v's he knows his shit a 460RWHP m6 ls1 fbody with h/c/i is easy with off the shelf parts and 500 is doable yea nice runs with similar power he should have got you by a few but anything can happen i have a cam only ls1 m6 and ive ran 2 pullied cobras and we were neck and neck and i only make 415rwhp with just a cam still stock heads and intake

I believe it. I have seen pullied cobra's trap anywhere from 113-124. Same can be said about ls1's and every car in general. Every car runs different and driver plays a major roll that's why i have always said that anything can happen on the street. I know he should've won. More hp in a lighter car. :beer:

gabe1530

Banned
nice kill op. i was expecting the same outcome from what happened since i used to own a h/c/i/e 99 z28. mine was only 450hp and i had a small cam w/ afr 205's.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Good kill, the Camaro should have done better though. Sounds like your Cobra is a strong runner.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
I believe it. I have seen pullied cobra's trap anywhere from 113-124. Same can be said about ls1's and every car in general. Every car runs different

Agreed man..I've seen a lot of pullied Cobras perform so poorly it leaves me scratching my head. I guess there are a ton of factors.

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
Good kill, the Camaro should have done better though. Sounds like your Cobra is a strong runner.

I think the people that have seen my car run would agree that it does run really well for having just a upper pulley.:beer:

Agreed man..I've seen a lot of pullied Cobras perform so poorly it leaves me scratching my head. I guess there are a ton of factors.

i saw a pullied cobra run dead even with a car that traps 108 mph. I was like wtf!:xpl: I also ran a ls1 camaro with a ms4 that was untuned that ran door to door with my mach that makes 290rwhp lol. So if goes both way haha.:D

res0n0xg

Established Member

I just see tons of cam'd cars making right at 400 or even less, sure a ported FAST and great set of heads will help a ton, but to say 460rwhp is "easy" isn't really true, especially on 91 octane out in California.

LS3's only make like 515-520 with ported intakes and good sized cams and you're telling me the smaller LS1 makes almost the same?

Given the race, and it doens't seem like the other guy missed a shift, he just wasn't making the power he claimed

FMX05

Established Member
I just see tons of cam'd cars making right at 400 or even less, sure a ported FAST and great set of heads will help a ton, but to say 460rwhp is "easy" isn't really true, especially on 91 octane out in California.

LS3's only make like 515-520 with ported intakes and good sized cams and you're telling me the smaller LS1 makes almost the same?

Given the race, and it doens't seem like the other guy missed a shift, he just wasn't making the power he claimed

It's all in the heads man. If you are willing to blow $2,000-$2,500 on a set of heads and $1000 on an intake 475whp is easily done on 11-11.5:1 compression. I made 448whp with $1200 patriot stage II LS6's, an LS6 intake, stock TB/MAF, crappy long tubes, and a "medium" sized cam (234/238 .595/.605 112LSA). Things have been a lot different in the past 2 to 3 years. If the cammed or H/C car was put together with parts from 2000-2005 460rwhp would be damn good. Once all the really nice aftermarket casting came out mid range tq and top end power really picked up. Remember the H/C stock bottom end record is in the mid 9's now at like 133mph. They don't even use what are considered the "best" heads because it's a shop car that uses that shop's products (TSP).

99peweterls1

Established Member
It's all in the heads man. If you are willing to blow $2,000-$2,500 on a set of heads and $1000 on an intake 475whp is easily done on 11-11.5:1 compression. I made 448whp with $1200 patriot stage II LS6's, an LS6 intake, stock TB/MAF, crappy long tubes, and a "medium" sized cam (234/238 .595/.605 112LSA). Things have been a lot different in the past 2 to 3 years. If the cammed or H/C car was put together with parts from 2000-2005 460rwhp would be damn good. Once all the really nice aftermarket casting came out mid range tq and top end power really picked up. Remember the H/C stock bottom end record is in the mid 9's now at like 133mph. They don't even use what are considered the "best" heads because it's a shop car that uses that shop's products (TSP).

This ;-)

therobman

Established Member
460rwhp is easy with a h/c/i m6 not an a4 an m6. most m6 cars with decent cams put 4-425 and cammed ls3's without heads put down 465-490. op yea he should have a decent weight advantage cause i weighed in at 3360 with out driver with like no weight reduction

Users who are viewing this thread