Pullied cobra vs 460 rwhp H/C/I ls1 camaro

NA_Cobra

Established Member
im doing fine driving my car...not bad for driving a standard car for only a year...first standard car I ever owned. Bought it, drove it myself.

also, where are you getting this Head mod from? My car is cam only bro. STOCK 241 heads. STOCK ls6 intake manifold, STOCK pullies. Just a cam and full exhaust with a little juice through a 4.10, 10 bolt rear end.
check thread...

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...04271-400-whp-hondas-500-whp-ls6-ss-more.html

integra in this video I molested just ran a 11.3 @ 125...

YouTube- Me vs SSMOKINSS.wmv

If you have a crate LS6 in your SS, why do you have "241" heads?

4.10s + MS3 = BEAST
3.42s + MS3 = Slushbox

Last edited:

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member

4.10s + MS3 = BEAST
3.42s + MS3 = Slushbox

That's what i was going to say.Last time I checked a ls6 comes with 243 heads and if those are on a camaro I would consider that a heads/cam setup.

NA_Cobra

Established Member
That's what i was going to say.Last time I checked a ls6 comes with 243 heads and if those are on a camaro I would consider that a heads/cam setup.

I agree, even a SS with stock 243 heads is still considered a heads/cam car.

obZidian

Established Member
I agree, even a SS with stock 243 heads is still considered a heads/cam car.

Though technically true, it's not in the true sense/feel of a heads/cam package.

What kind of power increase could the ls1 see with untouched ls6 heads? Without really looking at any charts or spec sheets I can only assume that it won't match a set of, let say, AFR 205cc heads retouched by mamo. So, technically a head swap, yes, but not one in the sense that it's a car that will perform like a head/cam car.

Just saying... :)

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
Though technically true, it's not in the true sense/feel of a heads/cam package.

What kind of power increase could the ls1 see with untouched ls6 heads? Without really looking at any charts or spec sheets I can only assume that it won't match a set of, let say, AFR 205cc heads retouched by mamo. So, technically a head swap, yes, but not one in the sense that it's a car that will perform like a head/cam car.

Um there are a number of guys who put 243's on a ls1. Obviously it's because they make power. I would say 15-20 rwhp which is consider a upgrade to me. Perfect example for you: A stock cobra has a 3.65" pulley and i stock lightning has a 2.93". So i can put a 2.93" and say "oh my car doesn't have anything done because it came stock on a lightning. Nice try though.:lol: Oh btw i think the afr/trickflow heads are triple the price of 243's so they are a good bang for the buck you could say.

NA_Cobra

Established Member

So if they don't have AFR/TFS heads, what would you consider a C5Z with 243 heads ported by Cartek? It's stock ported heads, so that makes it a headed car car. Just as if you take a set of 241 heads a port them by Cartek and slap them back on. You'll have a headed car then.

Going from 241 to 243 is an upgrade, therefore you have a headed car.

Not having AFR or TFS doesn't make you NOT have a headed car. There are worked 243 heads coming out of Cartek that are outflowing both AFR and TFS. They are rare because it's $3500 for their worked heads as compared to $2300 AFR and TFS heads.

Last edited:

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
So if they don't have AFR/TFS heads, what would you consider a C5Z with 243 heads ported by Cartek? It's stock ported heads, so that makes it a headed car car. Just as if you take a set of 241 heads a port them by Cartek and slap them back on. You'll have a headed car then.

Not having AFR or TFS doesn't make you NOT have a headed car. There are worked 243 heads coming out of Cartek that are outflowing both AFR and TFS. They are rare because it's $3500 for their worked heads as compared to $2300 AFR and TFS heads.

Maybe it will make sense now that it came from a gm owner lol. I agree with you.

SSmoked99

Burn that sh*t UBZ
Established Member
so if they don't have afr/tfs heads, what would you consider a c5z with 243 heads ported by cartek? It's stock ported heads, so that makes it a headed car car. Just as if you take a set of 241 heads a port them by cartek and slap them back on. You'll have a headed car then.

Not having afr or tfs doesn't make you not have a headed car. there are worked 243 heads coming out of cartek that are outflowing both afr and tfs. They are rare because it's $3500 for their worked heads as compared to $2300 afr and tfs heads.

:)

obZidian

Established Member

Apparently y'all completely missed the point...

EDIT: Wait... $3500.00 for ported STOCK heads?? This is the same Cartek that ****ed some guy on a build by charging him for parts that never saw the inside of the block? For that kind of money, I would rather go to WCCH or Ai (Advanced Induction) to drop that kind of coin on ported heads, ESPECIALLY ls1/6 heads. For that coin, you can easily get a set of ported L92's (with the required 4.0 bore bottom-end) and piece the rest of the build for a set of Cartek (OOOOooohhhh!!! AAAaaaahhhh!!! Shinny.. hehehe...) ported ls1/6 heads. That's ****ing unbelievable.... hell, LS7-LSX heads PORTED cost less than that and they're a 6-bolt application!! WOW.

Last edited:

SSmokinn SS

Established Member

4.10s + MS3 = BEAST
3.42s + MS3 = Slushbox

There are two different "crate ls6's" you can get

1 is a Full LS6 long block...LS6 oil pump,243 heads etc..

the other is just the LS6 BLOCK, with ls1 internals. The LS6 BLOCK is what I have. The heads said 241. You can look it up if you want. This was very common in 01-02 F-bodys, however, this motor I had put in, its no longer the factory motor.

also, BTW, The 4.10's actually slowed me down with the ms3 compared to my stock 3.42's.

The99ta

Established Member
nice run. I would love to run a pullied cobra....other than my brothers. I don't consider his a pullied cobra. haha

BayareaSS

Established Member
There are two different "crate ls6's" you can get

1 is a Full LS6 long block...LS6 oil pump,243 heads etc..

the other is just the LS6 BLOCK, with ls1 internals. The LS6 BLOCK is what I have. The heads said 241. You can look it up if you want. This was very common in 01-02 F-bodys, however, this motor I had put in, its no longer the factory motor.

also, BTW, The 4.10's actually slowed me down with the ms3 compared to my stock 3.42's.

So you have a crate ls1. The reason why you have an ls6 block is because they stopped producing ls1 blocks.

SSmokinn SS

Established Member
I hope you didn't pay the gm price lol. Why not build something bigger? Just wondering because for the price of a brand new motor you could've had a nice built motor.

I got it for FREE

i bought my car used from a dodge dealer. They didnt know shit about it. They actually thought it had a Lt1 and it was pretty funny that my girlfriend corrected him with the LS1....

3 days after I bought it (had 43k on it), it started misfiring BAD. I replaced everything, still misfired...finally I did a compression check on cylinder 5 (that was misfiring) and it only had 32psi WITH a tea spoon of oil....so, I got on the phone and called up the dodge dealer...

they had me bring it to a local GM dealer (which is good for me, because I know the owner VERY well of one because I do the landscaping there and he is a family friend)

few days later I get a phone call that they did a leak down test and cylinder 5, and 8 both had holes in the pistons..the air was going right through the pistons into the block

so, after my car sitting there for over a month because dodge didnt want to back up their used warranty claims and the fact that my car fell under the "lemon law" the owner of the GM dealer pulled me aside and told me he ordered me a brand new 04 ls1 long block from GM, and dodge world (the dealer i got it from) agreed to pay it all after he reemed them out....long story short, after this dodge dealership got hammered with a 10k bill from my motor,install and storage fee's, a month later they went out of business.

so, thats the story. Some Locals like to believe I have a LS6, and others a LS1. Truth is, the day I got my car back with the new motor, I ground off the head numbers so only I know the truth ;)

needless to say, I did run it at the track bone stock with the misfire and it ran 13.6 @ 106....which apparently was on 6-7 cylinders.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread