Renting and Racing the GT-H

Status
Not open for further replies.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
SE93 said:
if you like this i suggest you watch jackass where they rent a car and demo derby it, you will literally crap your pants in anger, literally

Dear Mr. One Post:

As soon as you mentioned the show Jackass the light went on for me! :idea:

Renter

Established Member
quadcammer said:
so I guess the people that call in tips to the police act like 3 year olds too.

Sad to say, i have met people that would do something so stupid before, and you are just another little boy who can't grow up and abide by rules.

The fact that you compare calling the cops on someone who is committing a crime to you "collecting photos as evidence" and calling hertz is hillarious...

And if you are so moral, ethical, holy and everything else, why do you resort to name calling?

WhtStng

Howdy
Established Member
dear mr one post?

WTF does post count have anything to do with anything going on in this conversation? that right there told me not read the one line you posted in that post.

its one thing to post up your opinion even if it differs the ones of the person starting the thread. but to post up some of the CRAP thats been posted up in this thread is just child-ish.

"hey get his name and liscense plate and turn him in the hertz". thats the stupidest ****'n thing i've ever heard of. "i'm going to tell mom" is what that reminds me of. a bunch of punk ass bitches that run there mouths here and go by the golden book on here but probably drink as good as the rest of us. speed just like the rest of us.

voice your opinion but leave it at that. damn, grow up and get a life outside arguing with everyone on the net. there's more to life then that. honestly, i'm to busy working on my stang and racing to get on here and stress out what someone else in another state is doing to have fun and making it so everyone else can enjoy things they normally wouldn't get too.

now this IS going to happen again. i assure you it will by someone else in the USA somewhere. so when your at your local track and you see someone doing it i want you to go up to them, and not to look at the car for what it is, but just start ranting at them and pointing fingers and accusing them of stealing and say everything to them that you have here to there face. and make sure and get it all on video and then host that video up on the net and share round the nation, that way everyone can watch you get the life literally beat the **** out of you. cause knowing good and well if you said and argued and bitched and moaned as much as ya'll are on here they'd get tired of it and just knock you the **** out and get on with having fun.

now everywhere i typed YOU i mean the ones that have carried on this thread in a negative way instead of just saying "i disagree and think its wrong" and leaving it at that.

oh and i'm WhtStng from WWW.InsaneMustangs.Com as well.

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
why are you trying so hard to get people to go to your little site?

WhtStng

Howdy
Established Member
cause there are poeple over there know what they are talking about and when others are talking out of there ass, and its not "little". its in the process of being rebuilt cause of some dickless gayass hacker.

just stating out opinions and letting those know that are tired of dealing with this kinda negative responses all the time that theres a site out there with racers on it who are on the same level as them.

to much negativity is bad for a site.....

anyways, enough on that. so some poeple disagree with what happened and some agree. point being is that its pointless to sit at a computer and argue about it. state your opinion and on to the next thread.

ahhh well...my opinions are out there and so i'm done. nothing further to say

Last edited:

91gtconv

Established Member
cause there are people over there with intelligence... now...

1. he had the money to foot the bill if anything were to break....
2. he didnt do a 150 shot.. it was a very rich 100 shot with race gas not 87 octane...
3. trying to call the cops or the hertz is pathetic... he didnt rob a frickin bank, he didnt cause any harm to anyone besides him self and that was going down the track... and if you cant deal with that go find your purse get your car keys that are beside your tampons and sale your car... cause your a puss.. was it immoral to some not to others ya.. but thats life.. you can only beat a dead horse for so long... deal with it

4. drag radials... there drag radials.. wow they cause a lot of harm to a automatic.. cause they come from hertz with one hell of a stall to begin with..

From insanemustangs.com

WhtStng

Howdy
Established Member
we are just giving our opinions and defending him cause this guy was getting hit on hard. and we all believe in taking up for our fellow racers out there no matter what forum they are on.

and i ask again, WTF does post count have to do with anything?

50_Dave

Established Member
This is flipping retarded, as are the holier then though attitudes.

The original shelby renta cars from hertz were constantly drag raced in the 60s. In fact, back in the day, people had gone as far as to pull the motors and put them in their cars, race them, and put them back in the car and deliver them back to Hertz. If you for some reason thought that Hertz had not considered this when releasing this car then you are sadly mistaken.

At 150 dollars a day to rent these cars, i dont think they are really worried about the bill it costs to repair the car.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
WhtStng said:
and i ask again, WTF does post count have to do with anything?

I'll tell you what post count has to do with it! They have not bothered to contribute to this forum until this thread, just to defend the actions of renter. It's just lame in my opinion? :rollseyes

jtfx6552

Established Member
50_Dave said:

The original shelby renta cars from hertz were constantly drag raced in the 60s. In fact, back in the day, people had gone as far as to pull the motors and put them in their cars, race them, and put them back in the car and deliver them back to Hertz. If you for some reason thought that Hertz had not considered this when releasing this car then you are sadly mistaken.

At 150 dollars a day to rent these cars, i dont think they are really worried about the bill it costs to repair the car.

First, I believe most of these stories are old wives tales.

Second, SO WHAT? Who cares what some idiot did in the 60's. Further even if it was popular, what is right is not always popular, what is popular is not always right.

AND, since any cost to repair these cars comes right out of Hertz's profit, I GUARANTEE they care.

If someone want to take a GT350H to the track, I got no problem with it.

When they start adding tires and or juice, I say that is over the line.

Quadcammer

Established Member
50_Dave said:

Ok, and people used to street race in the 60s. people used to murder people in the past. people used to discriminate in the 60s. Who cares what happened back then? just because its history, doesn't mean its a good idea to repeat it.

150 dollars a day is not THAT much. considering tire wear, brakes, possible engine components (read: nitrous use), etc, they will probably end up paying a bunch in maintenance.

Quadcammer

Established Member
jtfx6552 said:

exactly :thumbsup:

99SERPENT

this isn't good
Established Member
jtfx6552 said:
AND, since any cost to repair these cars comes right out of Hertz's profit, I GUARANTEE they care.

I absolutely agree with the above comments. To take it one step further though, what if the car was infact hurt by the mods. Hertz would more than likely take the car back to the Ford dealer for warranty repairs not knowing someone just installed performance parts. The Ford dealer looks at the car and realizes for example it has a bad rod bearing. So they replace the bearing under warranty assuming it was never modded. In my opinion you might not only be pulling the wool over just Hertz but also other parties such as Ford.

Hicompression

Hah!
Established Member
ac427cobra said:
I'll tell you what post count has to do with it! They have not bothered to contribute to this forum until this thread, just to defend the actions of renter. It's just lame in my opinion? :rollseyes

Cut the guy a break will ya...geez. Even YOU at one time had to start at one post count. You should be encouraging new members to join the site. Are you going to hassle everyone with one post count? Adding members to this site eliminates a lot of the inbreeding and creates more interesting discussion...:smmon:

Last edited:

jtfx6552

Established Member
99SERPENT said:
I absolutely agree with the above comments. To take it one step further though, what if the car was infact hurt by the mods. Hertz would more than likely take the car back to the Ford dealer for warranty repairs not knowing someone just installed performance parts. The Ford dealer looks at the car and realizes for example it has a bad rod bearing. So they replace the bearing under warranty assuming it was never modded. In my opinion you might not only be pulling the wool over just Hertz but also other parties such as Ford.

I agree.

How about this scenario.

"Renters" car gets re-rented to a nice middle aged guy.

Mr. Middle Aged Guy is out driving, and the car breaks.

Now Mr. Middle Aged Guy's day is ruined, as his baby boomer fantasy ends up with his GT350H getting flatbedded away.

But it gets worse. Car goes in for service. The mechanic, a member of insanitystangs, being the guru of serious racing, and the expert in nawwwwwwwzzzzzz notices the car has been modified and calls his boss in for a look.

The boss calls Mr. Middle Aged Guy and says "The cars was running when it left, now it's broke, and there are signs it was tampered with, someone added N20 (Misspelled on purpose becuase the hertz rental boss doesn't know anything about nawwwssss), and you owe us 6K for a new engine.".

"We will charge it to your CC, and if you try to stop payment, or you don't have enough avaialble credit, we will sue you. Hertz does have a legal department with lawyers on retainer."

Hmm, where is mr. stand up guy "Renter" in this scenario?

Last edited:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Hicompression said:
Are you going to hassle everyone with one post count?

Actually no. :idea: Just the ones that are CLEARLY coming over from another message board for the sole purpose of defending what is clearly illegal activity. :read:

99SERPENT

this isn't good
Established Member
jtfx6552 said:
I agree.

How about this scenario.

"Renters" car gets re-rented to a nice middle aged guy.

Mr. Middle Aged Guy is out driving, and the car breaks.

Now Mr. Middle Aged Guy's day is ruined, as his baby boomer fantasy ends up with his GT350H getting flatbedded away.

But it gets worse. Car goes in for service. The mechanic, a member of insanitystangs, being the guru of serious racing, and the expert in nawwwwwwwzzzzzz notices the car has been modified and calls his boss in for a look.

The boss calls Mr. Middle Aged Guy and says "The cars was running when it left, now it's broke, and there are signs it was tampered with, someone added N20 (Misspelled on purpose becuase the hertz rental boss doesn't know anything about nawwwssss), and you owe us 6K for a new engine.".

"We will charge it to your CC, and if you try to stop payment, or you don't have enough avaialble credit, we will sue you. Hertz does have a legal department with lawyers on retainer."

Hmm, where is mr. stand up guy "Renter" in this scenario?

Good post. It is very possible that this could happen.

Quadcammer

Established Member
Yeah, i made that point before (in almost EXACTLY the same form, lol), and it got brushed off.

nobody seems to care

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread