Road & Track tested the Bugatti Veyron SS: 9.9sec @ 146mph and other insane numbers

tristateZ28Lt1

Established Member
This is absolutely stunning. I did not expect that this car would actually break into the 9s at almost 150mph completely stock and without any drama while still sitting in a super luxury ca interior. :bowdown: to this amazing piece of engineering.
Whoever can afford one of those cars must be the luckiest person on earth.

64527788.jpg

Comparison to the 2012 GT-R and Turbo S

92885654.jpg

14497217.jpg

21257103.jpg

Last edited:

Coiled03

Established Member
:sleeping:

Yeah, it's fast. We get it. How many times do we have to go over it?

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
it did have 1200 hp i hope it broke 9's lol. still a badass car for sure

I don't care if it has 9,000hp. Any car that runs 9s on 20/21 inch wheels, 93 octane, with a 4,500lb curb weight and as much luxury as a ****ing Rolls Royce is a winner in my book.

Anything can be made fast, but how many cars can do it the way a Veyron does. :coolman:

NA_Cobra

Established Member
I've heard a tune on these Veyrons run $40k. I can't imagine the price for LTs, X and catback. EEEEEEEEK!

GloomySVT

LolUMad?
Established Member
I'd rather pick up an Ultimate Aero SSC. At least I'll be able to drive that for more that 2 miles, without having to fill up, and still be able to beat a Veyron.

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
I've heard a tune on these Veyrons run $40k. I can't imagine the price for LTs, X and catback. EEEEEEEEK!

I heard that too but that was a regular Veyron. I don't know if there is anything for a SS?

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
I'd rather pick up an Ultimate Aero SSC. At least I'll be able to drive that for more that 2 miles, without having to fill up, and still be able to beat a Veyron.

Not the SS (possibly in the 1/4 I suppose, but that's not what the cars were made for) the SSC is exactly why Bugatti released the SS.

NateV8

Established Member
LMAO it costs almost 3 million dollars and has about 1200 horsepower, what did you expect it to run?

I'd rather have a Koenigsegg and build a brand new AMG CLS63 to run 9s and still have a million left over.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
LMAO it costs almost 3 million dollars and has about 1200 horsepower, what did you expect it to run?

I'd rather have a Koenigsegg and build a brand new AMG CLS63 to run 9s and still have a million left over.

lol come on man.

Anyone who can afford one of these likely already has one of any car you can imagine and a ridiculous amount of money left over. :-D The last thing they're thinking is how many different cars they can buy that would be a better value. :lol:

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
$2.7 mil

Do you take cash lol

That's baller right there. You go straight to the head of the line at any country club you visit.

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
$2.7 mil

Do you take cash lol

That's baller right there. You go straight to the head of the line at any country club you visit.

The price goes up and down with the dollar value also. I'll have to find the C&D explanation of how that worked.

Edit:

Consider these facts: Bugatti prices the Super Sport at 1.65 million euros and will charge the 10 to 12 expected American buyers based on the spot exchange rate. Thus, if the dollar softens by a mere cent against the euro, the car’s window sticker jumps more than $16,000.

Last edited:

SRT-4 Turbo 7

Established Member
I don't care if it has 9,000hp. Any car that runs 9s on 20/21 inch wheels, 93 octane, with a 4,500lb curb weight and as much luxury as a ****ing Rolls Royce is a winner in my book.

Anything can be made fast, but how many cars can do it the way a Veyron does. :coolman:

:rockon::beer:

GloomySVT

LolUMad?
Established Member
Not the SS (possibly in the 1/4 I suppose, but that's not what the cars were made for) the SSC is exactly why Bugatti released the SS.

They released their response already to the SS. America. maintaining dominance in all that is fast. :pepper:

Whoa! Looks like they have another monster too!

http://www.shelbysupercars.com/tuatara.php

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread