Road & Track tested the Bugatti Veyron SS: 9.9sec @ 146mph and other insane numbers

JMD0346

Established Member
Damn its a pig. Bells and whistles i guess.

Badass though. You guys are comical with all the comments.

Guys that buy these already have all that other crap you keep comparring it to or either dont want it.

Id get DR's all the way around and weld in flows and call it a day... Perfection.:dw:

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
There comes a point where prices for certain things on a car just become absurd, like oil changes or brake pad changes or even the vehicle itself, no matter how much money you have. The Veyron has engineering and materials in it that supercede anything before it but the price does not justify that imo. I know they say they lose money on each car blah blah but I've never thought any of these cars were worth a mil+, it seems more like a marketing ploy than anything to gain attention.

As much as I would love to drive some of these million dollar cars I can't justify the price because so much more could be done to benefit other people with that money. Like others have stated, I would opt for a TTGT or TT Gallardo or something instead. Pricey still, but not $2mil dollars pricey. Almost another million on top of the base Veyron for a car with 200hp more and still runs the same times but a faster top speed... Not impressed.

Last edited:

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
There comes a point where prices for certain things on a car just become absurd, like oil changes or brake pad changes or even the vehicle itself, no matter how much money you have. The Veyron has engineering and materials in it that supercede anything before it but the price does not justify that imo. I know they say they lose money on each car blah blah but I've never thought any of these cars were worth a mil+, it seems more like a marketing ploy than anything to gain attention.

As much as I would love to drive some of these million dollar cars I can't justify the price because so much more could be done to benefit other people with that money. Like others have stated, I would opt for a TTGT or TT Gallardo or something instead. Pricey still, but not $2mil dollars pricey. Almost another million on top of the base Veyron for a car with 200hp more and still runs the same times but a faster top speed... Not impressed.

You do realize that Bugatti/Volkswagen AG lose millions per Veyron they sell, right? It costs them 5 million to produce each handbuilt car, and that's with their existing facilities and employees and not talking about the Veyron SS. If you were to build anything exactly like it yourself, I'm sure it would cost you more than it costs Bugatti.

Last edited:

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
You do realize that Bugatti/Volkswagen AG lose millons per Veyron they sell, right? It costs them 5 million to produce each handbuilt car, and that's with their existing facilities and employees and not talking about the Veyron SS. If you were to build anything exactly like it yourself, I'm sure it would cost you more than it costs Bugatti.

I understand that. Doesn't mean as an individual that I should spend that kind of money on a car. Not saying its wrong and no one should buy them, but that's just my own reasoning. Like others have said I would rather spend less for more performance like a TTGT especially. Maybe it's just because I've never experienced that much money that I see it that way. If I was a multimillionaire or billionaire I would probably see it a lot differently like it was chump change for this car.

Speeds8erM-1

Video Whore
Established Member
I love the people that say, oh well I could buy 4 gtr's, and 3 porches, and 2 hertz rental cars and still have money left over. That Bugatti is an engineering marvel, it probably is the best built car in the world. Anyone who can afford 2.7 mil I'm sure isn't worrying if they spent their money on THE right car because if you can drop that kind of keesh on a car then you can probably still afford to buy whatever the hell else you want.

Or you are assuming that all rich people would want one of these. Plenty of UGR's customer base could buy one, yet they do not. There was even a story of a rich guy that unloaded his Veyron for a ZR1 last year, and didnt look back.

It's funny when people get sandy when other people mention if they had the means, the Veyron would NOT be their choice of vehicle.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
You Bugatti leghumpers are tards. You can buy a Terminator, build the motor, add 2 4.0 Whipples, 250 shot of nitrous, minitub it, make it AWD, put CCW's on it and SMOKE that foreign shitbox. Plus have about $2 mill left over; idiots.

Last edited:

shanezt

corn fed
Established Member
i am amazed at the anger towards this car. a 9sec off the showroom floor car is an incredible acomplishment.

stangaholic280

Established Member
Anyone else notice the engine similarities between the 3 super cars listed and our Cobra's/GT500s. Aluminum blocks, DOHC, 4 vavle, etc. All some of us are missing is twin turbos....or quad! :beer:

(Yes, I know Terminator engine is iron, but you can get Al engine)

rdsnk46

Established Member
The Veyron SS is Super South Beach Baller, The UGR TT G is uber race for drag and mile/street competition.

You cannot deny the BG V SS is the pinnacle of autos!

oldmodman

Established Member
If I was worth 200 to 400 million dollars I wouldn't think twice, I would order one. Of everything.

But I still think it would be more fun to own Airwolf.

Kellyo77

keep calm and chive on!
Established Member
One of the owners of the company I work for has an SS. He doesn't live in the US BTW.

046.gif

044.gif

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Anyone else notice the engine similarities between the 3 super cars listed and our Cobra's/GT500s. Aluminum blocks, DOHC, 4 vavle, etc. All some of us are missing is twin turbos....or quad! :beer:

You forgot to mention the W engine configuration for the Veyron, which nobody shares.

Users who are viewing this thread