• XM

Votes: 32 28.6%
  • Sirius

Votes: 80 71.4%

• Total voters

AtlanticCobra98

Ummm Yeah!!!!
Established Member
you dont need either for both, they are both fm modulated just go to a station where nothing is on a lisen there. i had both and i liked the sirious over the xm. i do like the myfi that xm has. i got mine for free. working at best buy has its perks....

MidNight Snake

Established Member
NJCOBRA10thA said:
You don't need a new head unit you need the Directed Electronics $20 adapter that plugs it into the antenna port in the back of the radio. No more static it's great and I live in the NY/NJ Metro which had tons of bleed in from other stations before.

Took 5 minutes to install and so worth it -

More info on that please!!!

sLOWDOHC

Established Member
I just got them in at work, thank god. The new siruis units RF mods suck ass; especially in the Starmate. BBY or CC should have them in stock, and hes right, $19.99.

Hillbilly Cobra

Established Member
I really didn't like XM, I also have a MP3 player so I can listen to around 300 songs on one disc. My friend has a BMW X-5 and it has Sirius in it, couldn't tell a difference other than the channels being different. I just didn't like paying for it when I basically listened to channel 20 and 16 !! Later.

svtruck

Huge Member
Established Member
I'm really surprised to see that a vast majority of the voters voted for Sirius over XM. XM has a ton more subscribers than Sirius...and I've read that XM's sound quality is much (noticeably) better.

Brad Azz

Go Browns!!!
Established Member
Me :p I voted for Sirius...

I was wondering where you guys mounted your antenna?

I'm about to install it in my car. I've got a Kenwood In-dash DVD player with the Sirius direct hook-up unit (SIR-KEN1 I think)

CY98Cobra

Established Member
I mounted mine on the edge of the trunk lid by the rear window. Ran the wire under the console and back seat and then up onto the trunk. I get great reception there.

I've also read about people who mount it on the rear speaker deck by the rear window. They claim to get good reception there also.

Brad Azz

Go Browns!!!
Established Member
Thanks.

I thought I saw on here a while back that some people were mounting them under the plastic cover where the wipers are. Have you heard about anyone doing this or did I dream that I saw this?

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
I personally sell SIRIUS 10:1 in my store. I am a rocker and listen to Channel 20, which is called OCTANE. You will never EVER leave that station. Go to www.sirius.com and do the free trial and here it for yourself. We also sell xm but I just haven't found any stations that I could stand to listen to for more than 1 or 2 songs.

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
XM DOES NOT have 4 sats. They currently have 1 or two, (can't remember right now) while SIRIUS has one more, but SIRIUS sats run the horizon and therefore you never lose signal. IF you are in a large city with tall buildings, or even lots of large trees, you will lose XM.

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
Listenin to it right NOW. I have sirius at work, home, and at the shop. I basically listen to it 24/6 for FREE, and it never leaves octane

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
You can mount it in the rear deck if you don't have a metalized tint on your car. I have also mounted them under fg hoods that have vents, and under factory wiper cowls without having probs. I am on the wrong computer right now, but I will try to dig up some pics

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
all I have to say is....
banner.gif

fordmanforever

Venomous
Established Member
a few comments on the whole sirrus xm thing. for one I have sirrus replay reciever in my work van. I love it. It has the capacity to rewind pause and replay something I just heard. I would agree with a deck or the adapter to bypass the fm modulator. My atty. friend has xm in his hummer and sirrus in his rx-8 and says sirrus hands down. And as to the comment to 306stang if you are a dish network customer you get sirrus free on the 120 and 180 packages free. so if you know someone who has Dish Network you can prieview Sirrus radio if you would like it is from channels 6001 and up. I know this cause I am a sat. tech for residential Directv and Dish Network as well as commercial sats. such as musak which is commercial sat radio system (sucks by the way) and Hughes Network Systems, Which is commercial internet and Point of Sale systems and such. But anyway......

Scott A.

New Cobraholic
Established Member
I have both and Sirius is better all around, They are not owned by Clear Channel (like XM is) so the DJ's sound like they are more for real. XM seems to be alittle more "fake" and held back. I don't know about you, but I want 100% uncensered "real" music and talk for my $12 a month.

Users who are viewing this thread