• XM

Votes: 32 28.6%
  • Sirius

Votes: 80 71.4%

• Total voters

SnakeStang96

SVT Crazy
Established Member
Dont get XM, its about to go under. Since they lost Howard Stern they lost alot of listeners. Everybody is getting Sirius now and they love it. With XM, they only cover MLB now but Sirius covers almost all the mainstream sports with the exception of MLB and Nascar but Nascar is coming soon on Sirius.

96MysticSnake

Live fast, live free!
Established Member
For those of you involved in the stock market, XM's stock is 4x worth more than Sirius, however it has dropped dramatically the couple weeks app. $5 a share. It continues to have lose on a nightly basis. On the other hand, Sirius stock has dropped also due to lawsuits. My opinion, over time Sirius will over take XM. That alone tells me which one is GOING to be the victor.

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
StealthCobra said:
1 more vote for Sirius. We have both hooked up at best buy. I like Sirius's music a bit better.

We have both in the shop at BBY as well, most of the guys like Xm, but both are a good choice.

97riocobra2

Established Member
I have Sirius and I like it alot better than XM. I mainly listen to rock though. A guy brought his XM to work and it seems they play alot of random mess that I've never heard of. Sirius plays a good mix

caliboy08

Established Member
i've got sirius and i love it!! its on either octane or faction all the time.... only thing better is my ipod because i have such a large collection of music on there.ill never listen to the same thing twice..... that is unless i want to. :D

03BlkCobra1

Established Member
CY98Cobra said:
I ordered the Sportster receiver yesteday off ebay. $115 shipped for the reciever and car kit. Can't wait until it gets here, the local radio stations suck.

If your going to go with sirius just stop by a retail store and pick up the units.. after w/e rebates they have the sportster comes down to a 100 buxs.. they are close enough it doesnt matter.. if you want the nfl get sirius if you just want music then it doesnt matter get whatever one offers more channels of what you want. We sell sirius at work and i had xm in my car cause it had more of the channels i listened to. If you go sirius and just want music and talk radio get a starmate (79.99) if you want all the sports get the Sportster (99.99) model (after rebates). I work at radioshack and sell the sirius and we get tons looking for xm but lots want the sirius to.. its all about what channels you want since both do cost the same

SVTCobra3212

Banned
CY98Cobra said:
I mounted mine on the edge of the trunk lid by the rear window. Ran the wire under the console and back seat and then up onto the trunk. I get great reception there.

I've also read about people who mount it on the rear speaker deck by the rear window. They claim to get good reception there also.
I've mounted mine like you said, on the rear speaker deck inside the car. I get great reception! I voted Sirius a while back. Most of the newer GM cars that come in at work have XM already, it's good and all, but i agree with what someone said earlier about their repeatative song rotation. Sirius hands down IMO :thumbsup:

GR40Snake

Chief Financial Officer
Established Member
:bowdown:SIRIUS FTMFW!!! I have a lifetime membership!:thumbsup: My Direct TV feeds xm & I can never find anything to listen to on any channel for any amount of time & xm names their channels the most illogical of names like Fred or Ethel, how the f**k am I supposed to know what music is playing on those channels? With SIRIUS, if I want to listen to classic rock I go to the station Classic Vinyl, reggae then go to The Joint, etc. In addition, I can listen to the Howard Stern Show, Hey Now, or music all day on my computer by signing in on SIRIUS.com. As soon as we overcome the lobbyists we'll merge anyway, but until then SIRIUS is the superior service.
:beer:

LS1_KILLA

Banned
It doesnt matter what you pick.. Because they are finalizing Sirius's buyout of XM... The FCC has already approved it.. They'll offer different plans for different packages... you can get like 50 channels for 6.99.. 150 for like 11.99.. and so on...

Users who are viewing this thread