Should I buy this GT500!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

chuckstang

Established Member
I finally found one! Well, for 7.5k ADM. It is a black coupe with red inserts, no stripes, mach 1000, sirius sat.
They want 49.5k They claim that is 7.5k over msrp, is that correct?
This car is located down south so I would have to pay to have it shipped, should I do it? Or wait for an 08 or a better deal on an 07
ahhhh its killing me!
I said to them I would pay 5k over but they said they would only accept the above deal
:shrug:
HELP before I do something stupid or on the flip side let a great deal??? go

Thanks guys

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Offer them $46k plus finance it, they'll make a point on you anyway. Tell them you'll be on a plane tonight.

Thats if you want it THAT bad.

ViperBlueCobra

5.0 FTW
Established Member
chuckstang said:
I finally found one! Well, for 7.5k ADM. It is a black coupe with red inserts, no stripes, mach 1000, sirius sat.
This car is located down south so I would have to pay to have it shipped, should I do it? Or wait for an 08 or a better deal on an 07
ahhhh its killing me!
I said to them I would pay 5k over but they said they would only accept the above deal

Thanks guys
You could always just tell us where the dealer is and ummm...yeah...we will get it for you.... yeah..that's it. For you... :-D

sounds like a deal to me, with current market pricing, not a bad deal.

http://www.auto-transporter.com is good auto transport company I use for all my international shipments. I'm currently shipping some exotics for the gumball rally.

69b302

Established Member
I would buy one for that price. The driving season is just starting and who knows what that will do to the market. Time is money, and time looking and not driving is double time.

chuckstang

Established Member
A few more things to note. I contacted this dealer back in Jan who at the time had an ebay auction which ended with a bid of 56k and they did not accept it. So here we are 3 months later and they say they will take 49.5k and this was even through email not even over the phone. Im thinking that this is a good sign the floor on these is about to collapse.
Now I have 2 questions:
-They say the price of their car includes "Shelby Package", this was mentioned in their email to me as a selling point. What is it?
-How can I tell when the car was built??? I know some that were built back in June or so had clutch problems, how can I tell, I do have the VID number???

thanks guys!

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
ViperBlueCobra said:
http://www.auto-transporter.com is good auto transport company I use for all my international shipments. I'm currently shipping some exotics for the gumball rally.
are you saying that you'll be running in the gumball? if so, then you are one lucky SOB. been wanting to run a cross country/continent rally for a while(if i do end up running one, it wont be for a while).

03SBSVT

Banned
Wait till the prices hit MSRP, otherwise you'll be stuck with the car forever because you won't be able to sell it without losing your shirt

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
chuckstang said:
A few more things to note. I contacted this dealer back in Jan who at the time had an ebay auction which ended with a bid of 56k and they did not accept it. So here we are 3 months later and they say they will take 49.5k and this was even through email not even over the phone. Im thinking that this is a good sign the floor on these is about to collapse.
Now I have 2 questions:
-They say the price of their car includes "Shelby Package", this was mentioned in their email to me as a selling point. What is it?
-How can I tell when the car was built??? I know some that were built back in June or so had clutch problems, how can I tell, I do have the VID number???

thanks guys!

It will be on the invoice, and monroney label, ask them when the build date was, they'll tell you. The clutch issue is a TSB, your warranty and the dealer will cover it, just dont mod the car before you do it.

Check you PM for my number.

Davidnz

Established Member
chuckstang said:
ahhhh its killing me!

Thanks guys

sound like a good deal and looks like its only 4.5k over...

here is prices..

base coupe: $40930.00
gas Gazz : $ 1300.00
sirius : $ 195.00
trim package: $ 595.00
shaker 1000: $ 1295.00

sub :$44315.00
Dest.charge :$ 745.00

MSRP $ 45060.00

f67f_3.jpg

Last edited:

Davidnz

Established Member
after reading your post again are you sure it's a gt-500 and not a Shelby-gt? it would make sense for the 7.5k over if it's a GT....

chuckstang

Established Member
Davidnz said:
after reading your post again are you sure it's a gt-500 and not a Shelby-gt? it would make sense for the 7.5k over if it's a GT....

Oh boy, I sent them an email and specifically said GT500 but now you have me worried :(

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Shelby GT MSRP is about $35k FYI.

Just got off the phone with Chuck, i think hes pretty much squared away now when it comes to how to come out of this at msrp.

chuckstang

Established Member
Hey thanks Chris, Ill update on this tomorrow!
Oh and it just so works out that I have next week off if I need to drive my gt500 back home :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread