Should I buy this GT500!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

MYGT500

Established Member
Chris Benvie said:
I'm sorry I should have been more specific. You'll be able to buy them for under $40k a year from now.

I'm glad you've done well for yourself and I respect that totally. I hope to be in your position in 30 years.

But 07-08 at MSRP is IN NO WAY a fantasy. There are people on here that have paid it, i've set up deals for people that have paid it. I've talked to people (other dealers) that have sold them at MSRP. So if thats a fantasy I better be having sex with my beautiful girlfriend on the hood of my Ferrari 599 tomorrow.

And you're right 03-04 cars are not the same, but its the only thing to compare to.

Enjoy your Shelby, but I can think of ALOT more to do with $20k extra.

Whats wrong with this picture, shouldnt I be pushing MSRP? You'd think it'd add some credibility to the fact that I'm against it.

Ok...A very few individuals bought GT500's at msrp,dealer's relatives,maybe employee's etc..I'd say percentage wise,maybe .001% of all GT500's sold.
My car was a perfect example..I inquired buying about 1 yr before orders opened..I offically ordered the 1st day you could,after inquiring at no less than 25 dealerships. The lowest was 5k over,but they only had 3 to sell for the yr,and all were sold to the dealers friends/employees..all the rest wanted 10-25 over..most big city dealers in ohio got 2-3 cars..not much incentive to discount..next yrs allocation is said to be about the same.The dealer i bought from,has all his 08's deposited already..at 15 k over....so,unless you know a dealer,or have some compromising pictures of him and his secretary,MSRP will be a rare comodity.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
I would rebuttle, but i said I was done with the thread. I'd be happy to discuss more with you if you'd like, just let me know. Enjoy your GT500, i know i will mine.

R1Lello

Established Member
:lol: Wait a minute here, this the same Chuckstang?? Mr . MSRP ??? Finally accepting it...........this is not your 03/04, like it or not, the Shelby name carries weight. Jump in and enjoy the ride. To rub it in though, I got mine at $500 over :-D

NewFrance6

Established Member
MYGT500 said:
Ok...A very few individuals bought GT500's at msrp,dealer's relatives,maybe employee's etc..I'd say percentage wise,maybe .001% of all GT500's sold.
My car was a perfect example..I inquired buying about 1 yr before orders opened..I offically ordered the 1st day you could,after inquiring at no less than 25 dealerships. The lowest was 5k over,but they only had 3 to sell for the yr,and all were sold to the dealers friends/employees..all the rest wanted 10-25 over..most big city dealers in ohio got 2-3 cars..not much incentive to discount..next yrs allocation is said to be about the same.The dealer i bought from,has all his 08's deposited already..at 15 k over....so,unless you know a dealer,or have some compromising pictures of him and his secretary,MSRP will be a rare comodity.

0.001% would mean one out of every 100,000. I thought they were only making 6,000 a year?

Davidnz

Established Member
Chris Benvie said:
Haha, alright. I'll just stop because most people on this board know I know what I'm talking about.

Lets see, this is your 27th post, you just joined this month. You obviously have no idea, we've been going over this on here since last august.

Welcome, you should read this forum and do your homework, Just like the forum guidelines say when you sign up for it. So read some threads in here first.

I'm done.

Chuck, i helped you out with this issue via our phone conversation, just like you asked, good luck with your purchase.

Thread lock?

Thread lock is funny ...:lol: ..Numbers are what they are....i don't care if this was my first post .... numbers are what they are...i posted pictures of msrps ..what do you post??.. sorry for calling you numbers :bs: i guess i should just :bowdown: cause why??

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Chris Benvie said:
$43k for a true race car with a built motor and 500 horsepower. 200horsepower over a stock mustang?

Chris:

I love the car as much as anyone on the board! Trust me! A GT500 is the best and most powerful Mustang built to date!! No Doubt! But it's far from a true race car unfortunately! :(

R1Lello said:
:lol: Wait a minute here, this the same Chuckstang?? Mr . MSRP ??? Finally accepting it...........this is not your 03/04, like it or not, the Shelby name carries weight. Jump in and enjoy the ride. To rub it in though, I got mine at $500 over :-D

Yeah! What up Chuck?!!? I thought you were fed up with the ADM's on the GT500's and you were buying a Corvette Z-53 or something like that??!!?

Now you're talking a $5K ADM?!?!?!? WTF.............Chuck.............. :pop:

Davidnz said:
Thread lock is funny ...:lol: ..Numbers are what they are....i don't care if this was my first post .... numbers are what they are...i posted pictures of msrps ..what do you post??.. sorry for calling you numbers :bs: i guess i should just :bowdown: cause why??

Well, I guess the fact that Chris brings us Real World Dealer Tech and he's a respected long standing member and you're .............. well a noob!:-D :read:

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Thanks Bruce.

Yes, i guess you're right its not a real race car, just more suited for it that a regular mustang GT or shelby GT.

super sonic

Established Member
Bet 5 - 7.5k buys a lot of go fast race stuff...light weight brake rotors, suspension mods, rims, tires...I'm sure Bruce could come up with a shopping list or, you can go ahead and pay the ADM.

Davidnz

Established Member
ac427cobra said:
Chris:

I love the car as much as anyone on the board! Trust me! A GT500 is the best and most powerful Mustang built to date!! No Doubt! But it's far from a true race car unfortunately! :(

Yeah! What up Chuck?!!? I thought you were fed up with the ADM's on the GT500's and you were buying a Corvette Z-53 or something like that??!!?

Now you're talking a $5K ADM?!?!?!? WTF.............Chuck.............. :pop:

Well, I guess the fact that Chris brings us Real World Dealer Tech and he's a respected long standing member and you're .............. well a noob!:-D :read:

wow..great ..hope his Real World Dealer Tech info. IS Better than his real world prices ....:D and fine this noob is out here so you can live in lala land with your respected long standing member giving you wrong info....:loser:

see you ..peace ...

bluestreak89

Established Member
Chris Benvie said:
Thanks Bruce.

Yes, i guess you're right its not a real race car, just more suited for it that a regular mustang GT or shelby GT.

When I get this vette sold, I'll p.m. you for some help finding a Shelby.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
the shelby gt is 38k. add the base mustang gt price and the 54u package plus shelby's price plus gas tax you are at $37.9k before any options. if you want leather, nav, sat radio it will be more.

as for chuck i would start at thier price 49.5 out the door. tell them you will finance if want to finance it through them. have everything needed to complete deal in a day or two. this means fax number/s wire transfer numbers all ready. and see what they say. if they say no, try again at the end of the month, maybe going to 50k otd.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Davidnz said:
wow..great ..hope his Real World Dealer Tech info. IS Better than his real world prices ....:D and fine this noob is out here so you can live in lala land with your respected long standing member giving you wrong info....:loser:

see you ..peace ...

I also suppose you're going to tell me I didn't buy for MSRP?!!!?!?!?:dw:

No, see you!!! Okie Dokie!! :-D

Jackie Chan

getin' slizurd on da goos
Established Member
Chris Benvie said:
Haha, alright. I can pay Dplan all day long, on anything I want.

I don't really care what you do.

There is NO way the GT500 MSRP is going to be $43k and the Shelby GT is going to be $41k.

Why? Because Ford and Shelby are not that stupid. Lets see.

$41k for a glorified Mustang GT. 325horsepower. 25horsepower over stock?

Or

$43k for a true race car with a built motor and 500 horsepower. 200horsepower over a stock mustang?

Hmm, what would you do? What would anyone in their right mind do?

If I'm wrong, they won't be selling many Shelby GTs at that price, but I am pretty sure I am right.
you cant dplan everything, well you can sell it for dplan, but you wont get paid

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Not so true.

I said I can BUY anything at Dplan I want. Well 2 cars per year.

And yes, i can sell cars at D-plan, and you get re-embursed by the manufacturer, the hold back + the difference.

BlueSS

chuckstang said:
I finally found one! Well, for 7.5k ADM. It is a black coupe with red inserts, no stripes, mach 1000, sirius sat.
They want 49.5k They claim that is 7.5k over msrp, is that correct?
This car is located down south so I would have to pay to have it shipped, should I do it? Or wait for an 08 or a better deal on an 07
ahhhh its killing me!
I said to them I would pay 5k over but they said they would only accept the above deal
:shrug:
HELP before I do something stupid or on the flip side let a great deal??? go

Thanks guys
Just tell them that you'll be picking it up as long as they include a tube of KY :shrug: ;-)

dirty_canadian

Team Beast Coatings.
Established Member
im a ford salesman and i can get you out the door in a gt500 for +/-50k$

1-800-835-3247 ask for Kenneth

chuckstang

Established Member
Well, I feel very dumb but it was not my fault obviously. I stated in my emails GT500 with each communication but they thought I was talking about their black Shelby GT. They no longer have the black GT500 :(
ehhhh sorry, I guess this thread now just represents my premature ej... over the GT500

Users who are viewing this thread