Should I buy this GT500!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

drmustang

Banned
chuckstang said:
Hey thanks Chris, Ill update on this tomorrow!
Oh and it just so works out that I have next week off if I need to drive my gt500 back home :)

Good Luck with your deal Chuck. Hope it works out and you get the car!

MYGT500

Established Member
drmustang said:
Excellent advice!

You MSRP people crack me up. Face it..the car is underpriced,underproduced,and demand is high. You guys wait..I'll drive mine.
I got news for u..the 08 won't be any cheaper. copy this thread,and re read it on March 26 2008...I don't think I will be off in my statments.

NewFrance6

Established Member
Chuck weren't you the one talking always about waiting for MSRP? I think it's a pretty decent deal considering market prices at the present, however you might (or might not, who knows) regret this dearly. There will be more GT500s, that's a fact. They will be better (HID, kinks worked out) that's also a fact (there may even be a shelby KR...).Unfortunately, hey may also get more expensive (msrp hike and gg tax), and/or the prices will never hit MSRP. If you feel very strongly about it, jump in. If you feel like you'll have second thoughts in a year if they hit MSRP, then I say don't. In my opinion if you can find 7.5k over in the first year of production, you'll most definitely see MSRP at some point.
My advice, think about it very very hard before you jump in. The whole "you only live once" comment is nice but that's true for the people who don't give a damn cause it happens to be your money not theirs, and the people who will have to explain to their kids why they have to work at 7-11 to afford college because they "lived on".

KMCBOSS

Established Member
Chuck just remember you also have to pay tax, title, license, dealer prep and then there is the the maintenance package. These items will set you back another 10K.

1devdog

Mr Mystic
Established Member
Well i have been waiting for them to hit MSRP. I waited for my 03 anniversary vert. I got it for $7000.00 below msrp. Rebates and conv. incentive.A few weeks earlier my buddy bought a 03 anniversary coupe for MSRP it killed him. at the time they were selling for 3k over msrp. This is what the dot come boom did here in the silicon valley. too many people with money to spend over and above. I am waiting and believe it or not they are out there and on showroom floors so the lines of people that are willing to pay 20K over are not taking up all the excess inventory.

chuckstang

Established Member
KMCBOSS said:
Chuck just remember you also have to pay tax, title, license, dealer prep and then there is the the maintenance package. These items will set you back another 10K.

What???
Tax for me would be about $2200 and title/registration another $100. No where near $10k
Please elaborate

KMCBOSS

Established Member
Chuck, your tax rate may be different than Washington state. But tax,itle,license, dealer prep and the maintenance package cost me almost 10K. Just make sure you know all the numbers in the deal. Ed

super sonic

Established Member
$7.5 over would buy a KB and full Stainless Works exhaust...or a set of HRE rims and tires...you pick the mods or pay the ADM :)
I'm still waiting for MSRP.

Davidnz

Established Member
Chris Benvie said:
Shelby GT MSRP is about $35k FYI.

Just got off the phone with Chuck, i think hes pretty much squared away now when it comes to how to come out of this at msrp.

I don't think soo.. the base gt is $31.2 and the Shelby package is $7300 plus $1000 gas Gazz TAX...if the base unit had A nav unit add $700 more...

that puts right at 41k plus shipping from Vegas to the dealer....

67cc_3.jpg

f830_12.jpg

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
MYGT500 said:
You MSRP people crack me up. Face it..the car is underpriced,underproduced,and demand is high. You guys wait..I'll drive mine.
I got news for u..the 08 won't be any cheaper. copy this thread,and re read it on March 26 2008...I don't think I will be off in my statments.

You "Paid way over sticker" people crack me up. We'll wait, you can drive yours and watch it depreciate, rapidly. It simple. But you can keep holding onto the fact that people waited 5 months (150days roughly) longer than you and saved ALOT more.

Its priced RIGHT. It could be less if it didn't say Shelby on it. It is produced at a larger rate than even the 03/04 Cobra. The demand is HIGH, but not as high as you think. Trust me if, it was, dealers like that dealer with 7 of them in thier showroom would be dying to get more in. But no, they sit and sit and sit, because the dealer won't get real.

Dealers that are Charging $5k over, are still making $10k on this car. I can't remember the last time I made $100 on a new Ford vehcile(ok more like $1000), these dealers are turning them faster and making just as much money of selling 4 of them, than the 1 thats still sitting on the greedy dealers lot. PLUS they get more allocation for next year, and thier monthly car numbers are higher which keeps the factory happy.

The 08 MSRP will be more. But you will be able to buy the 07s and 08s at sticker by then. It won't be THAT much more. I get the order guide within 2 weeks so I will know.

What did you pay for yours. $60k or so? How will you feel in a year from now when its worth $38k. Mark my words, it will happen. Dig up this thread a year from now and if I'm wrong I'll write you a check for $100 you are wrong. But if I'm right keep your money, cause you're going to need it.

I've been researching this for years, its what I do. I'm not just in a dealer family.

So Copy this thread and re-read it in March 2008. The car will be at or below MSRP and people like you that "had to have it" will lose their shirts.

Your statement is complete and utter bullshit.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Davidnz said:
I don't think soo.. the base gt is $31.2 and the Shelby package is $7300 plus $1000 gas Gazz TAX...if the base unit had A nav unit add $700 more...

that puts right at 41k plus shipping from Vegas to the dealer....

67cc_3.jpg

f830_12.jpg

$31000+8300= $39000. Hardly $41000

However, I believe the Price is supposed to be around $35k. Remember not all of them are top of the line Mustang GT's to start. Atleast not that I know of.

Wrong: Base GT's are $25k. Base Verts are $30k.

How do I know? Well i look at them daily.

Davidnz

Established Member
Chris Benvie said:
$31000+8300= $39000. Hardly $41000

However, I believe the Price is supposed to be around $35k. Remember not all of them are top of the line Mustang GT's to start. Atleast not that I know of.

Wrong: Base GT's are $25k. Base Verts are $30k.

How do I know? Well i look at them daily.

HARDY 36K PLUS you have to add the transp. from vegas to the selling dealer..
What do you think i do? in any case all the base units thato to shelby are around 31k ..you want to be an ass about..go for it...btw i paid D plan go chew on that one...:burn: plus did't even pay the $1490 hold back....like To see you post A 25K BASE THAT WENT TO SHELBY...

Last edited:

super sonic

Established Member
Chris B. -

Sign me up for a 2008 triple black vert with HID's, sirius, the shaker 1000 and the all important for sale at MSRP option. You can do the F&I (no points on the back end though)!

Michael

MYGT500

Established Member
Chris Benvie said:
You "Paid way over sticker" people crack me up. We'll wait, you can drive yours and watch it depreciate, rapidly. It simple. But you can keep holding onto the fact that people waited 5 months (150days roughly) longer than you and saved ALOT more.

Its priced RIGHT. It could be less if it didn't say Shelby on it. It is produced at a larger rate than even the 03/04 Cobra. The demand is HIGH, but not as high as you think. Trust me if, it was, dealers like that dealer with 7 of them in thier showroom would be dying to get more in. But no, they sit and sit and sit, because the dealer won't get real.

Dealers that are Charging $5k over, are still making $10k on this car. I can't remember the last time I made $100 on a new Ford vehcile(ok more like $1000), these dealers are turning them faster and making just as much money of selling 4 of them, than the 1 thats still sitting on the greedy dealers lot. PLUS they get more allocation for next year, and thier monthly car numbers are higher which keeps the factory happy.

The 08 MSRP will be more. But you will be able to buy the 07s and 08s at sticker by then. It won't be THAT much more. I get the order guide within 2 weeks so I will know.

What did you pay for yours. $60k or so? How will you feel in a year from now when its worth $38k. Mark my words, it will happen. Dig up this thread a year from now and if I'm wrong I'll write you a check for $100 you are wrong. But if I'm right keep your money, cause you're going to need it.

I've been researching this for years, its what I do. I'm not just in a dealer family.

So Copy this thread and re-read it in March 2008. The car will be at or below MSRP and people like you that "had to have it" will lose their shirts.

Your statement is complete and utter bullshit.

Of course the cars will lose value as a used car..all mass-produced cars will. But we aren't talking about used cars,we are talking Brand New. The ADM on 08 will be atleast 10k...as an avg. As far as the value of my car,I don't plan on selling it. I'm 53,and still own my 1st mustang i bought when i was 21.
Sure it would be nice if these cars were MSRP,but the fact is..it does say SHELBY,if you care or not,and it drives the market..
People with the means,will have these cars first,and those that wait,will buy used ones,because 07-08 at MSRP is purely a fantansy..
the 03-04 cobras aren't the same car,great cars for sure,but not a Shelby,not 500 hp...We will see in a yr who is right..

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Davidnz said:
HARDY 36K PLUS you have to add the transp. from vegas to the selling dealer..
What do you think i do? in any case all the base units thato to shelby are around 31k ..you want to be an ass about..go for it...btw i paid D plan go chew on that one...:burn: plus did't even pay the $1490 hold back....like To see you post A 25K BASE THAT WENT TO SHELBY...

Haha, alright. I can pay Dplan all day long, on anything I want.

I don't really care what you do.

There is NO way the GT500 MSRP is going to be $43k and the Shelby GT is going to be $41k.

Why? Because Ford and Shelby are not that stupid. Lets see.

$41k for a glorified Mustang GT. 325horsepower. 25horsepower over stock?

Or

$43k for a true race car with a built motor and 500 horsepower. 200horsepower over a stock mustang?

Hmm, what would you do? What would anyone in their right mind do?

If I'm wrong, they won't be selling many Shelby GTs at that price, but I am pretty sure I am right.

NewFrance6

Established Member
Taht's exactly the car i'm waiting for super sonic! Great taste! I think that the SHelby's pricing will be high for a while. Around here (NJ) can't find anything under 15k. To be honest I think Ford screwed up. They did great by coming up with an outstanding vehicle. But making it a limited production was a mistake. It could just have been the highest mustang in the lineup and would have been the most limited by the mere fact that it's the most expensive. The one aspect i understand is the disaster of the Terminators and Mach1s in 04 because of the new body style. Next time Ford should come out with an SVT or Shelby with the new body style instead of waiting for the last 2-3 years....
In the meantime, the people who paid over are trying to rationalize and reassure themselves about their decision. I understand why, and I feel bad for the people who will have lost 30k in a year. Hopefully they thought hard enough to be able to afford it...

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
MYGT500 said:
Of course the cars will lose value as a used car..all mass-produced cars will. But we aren't talking about used cars,we are talking Brand New. The ADM on 08 will be atleast 10k...as an avg. As far as the value of my car,I don't plan on selling it. I'm 53,and still own my 1st mustang i bought when i was 21.
Sure it would be nice if these cars were MSRP,but the fact is..it does say SHELBY,if you care or not,and it drives the market..
People with the means,will have these cars first,and those that wait,will buy used ones,because 07-08 at MSRP is purely a fantansy..
the 03-04 cobras aren't the same car,great cars for sure,but not a Shelby,not 500 hp...We will see in a yr who is right..

I'm sorry I should have been more specific. You'll be able to buy them for under $40k a year from now.

I'm glad you've done well for yourself and I respect that totally. I hope to be in your position in 30 years.

But 07-08 at MSRP is IN NO WAY a fantasy. There are people on here that have paid it, i've set up deals for people that have paid it. I've talked to people (other dealers) that have sold them at MSRP. So if thats a fantasy I better be having sex with my beautiful girlfriend on the hood of my Ferrari 599 tomorrow.

And you're right 03-04 cars are not the same, but its the only thing to compare to.

Enjoy your Shelby, but I can think of ALOT more to do with $20k extra.

Whats wrong with this picture, shouldnt I be pushing MSRP? You'd think it'd add some credibility to the fact that I'm against it.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
super sonic said:
Chris B. -

Sign me up for a 2008 triple black vert with HID's, sirius, the shaker 1000 and the all important for sale at MSRP option. You can do the F&I (no points on the back end though)!

Michael

Once we get our bugs worked out with Ford I'll let you know.

But you won't need to come see me. You'll be able to get it on your own.

Davidnz

Established Member
Chris Benvie said:
Haha, alright. I can pay Dplan all day long, on anything I want.

I don't really care what you do.

There is NO way the GT500 MSRP is going to be $43k and the Shelby GT is going to be $41k.

Why? Because Ford and Shelby are not that stupid. Lets see.

$41k for a glorified Mustang GT. 325horsepower. 25horsepower over stock?

Or

$43k for a true race car with a built motor and 500 horsepower. 200horsepower over a stock mustang?

Hmm, what would you do? What would anyone in their right mind do?

If I'm wrong, they won't be selling many Shelby GTs at that price, but I am pretty sure I am right.

DUDE ,,What plant are you from???? you won't see a base gt-500 any where..most have all the options on them..plus go do your home work before posting numbers ..gt Shelby's are 40k..didn't say made sense ..but it is what it is...... people are paying 60K FOR USED GT-H .......

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Haha, alright. I'll just stop because most people on this board know I know what I'm talking about.

Lets see, this is your 27th post, you just joined this month. You obviously have no idea, we've been going over this on here since last august.

Welcome, you should read this forum and do your homework, Just like the forum guidelines say when you sign up for it. So read some threads in here first.

I'm done.

Chuck, i helped you out with this issue via our phone conversation, just like you asked, good luck with your purchase.

Thread lock?

Users who are viewing this thread