Should I do it?

achamb7

Established Member
Ok, long story short, I have 2012 GT, see details in my sig. When I bought the car, I really wanted a Shelby. Sometime in 2014, I will have the opportunity to either supercharge my car (undecided on TVS or Vortech). Or, I could trade it in for a Shelby. I owe less than my car is worth, so I am in pretty good shape as far as equity in the car is concerned. So, should I trade?

04-OW-COBRA

Established Member
What ^^ this guy said. What year Shelby are you looking at? If you keep your existing car those are both good options for superchargers though. My tuner runs the JT trim Vortech and its a beast. The TVS is nice as well though for the low end tq. I have a 12 A6 GT and it's a nice car but there is just something about the Shelby that makes you feel like a little kid on Christmas every time you get in it.

scottq60

What ^^ this guy said. ... I have a 12 A6 GT and it's a nice car but there is just something about the Shelby that makes you feel like a little kid on Christmas every time you get in it.

Amen, Amen and Amen!!! :) I also had a '12 A6 GT, then a '14 GT/CS, which I just traded one week ago today for my '12 GT500...NO regrets! The 5.0 GT's are awesome cars, but I prefer the "little kid on Christmas" feeling when I slide my butt into that Recaro and see the snake on the steering wheel.

APMECH

Established Member
Doit.jpg

Silver_Serpent

Established Member
For the motor and transmission you get to start with, the ease of modifications, and how well the car resonds to mods ... the GT500 all the way.
Though I do have to say ... a 5.0 with a TVS is one of the fastest cars you can get for the money.

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
I had a Saleen Supershaker on a 08 GT. It also had 373 gears, and suspension goodies. The car was fun.....but it was no Shelby. I got rid of it for my 2011 PP Shelby. Yeah...I used to turn a eye to the phrase "its not a Mustang, its a Shelby..." but now I truly understand that phrase. I have a BIG koolaid grin every time I jump in Roxxy. I have people always tell me...dam that's a bad-ass Shelby.......They love the sound....the mods done on Roxxy are not over the top, but dam...hit the verticle pedal on the right and hold on....

In short yes. If you have the financials, do it. You will not regret it.

99cobraUgotbit

GT500
Established Member
I was in the same boat. I had an 11 5.0 M6 and was tired of the shotty tranny. I ended up trading in for a 12 Shelby. In all seriousness miss the 5.0 cause I modded the shit out of it. But like everyone else. NO REGRETS!

achamb7

Established Member
Is there a big enough difference to disregard the 10, even if it is $3-6000 cheaper? I'm seeing 10s in the mid $30k's; 11-12s are in the high $30k-$45k.

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
Is there a big enough difference to disregard the 10, even if it is $3-6000 cheaper? I'm seeing 10s in the mid $30k's; 11-12s are in the high $30k-$45k.

The main difference on the 10 is it was the last year of the iron block which added about 110 pounds to the front of the car. Some people actually prefer the 07-10 block as its easier to rebuild the motor. Although, I've yet to hear of a 11+ cars motor let go for what It's worth.

Shelby will make more power easier and be able to handle it. I say do it, if you had an auto I do like the idea of putting a blower on and keeping it around ~600 whp to be reliable. No matter how fast the 5.0 is it's still a gt, sorry but how most view it as well.

brandonflood123

Established Member
dude. do it all i can say was i had an 07 gt fully done everything you can think of NA completely payed off i sold it and used a little bit of money i have saved up to get a 10 gt500 and i am 100% satisfied as everybody else says its a joy even being behind the wheel of the thing. and its bad ass stock and mods can be endless with loads of gains. i would do it and never look back. its a pretty awesome feeling being a shelby owner.

Users who are viewing this thread