So you married guys....

08mojo

Established Member
Why did you agree to a governmental/financial/religious contract that more than half the time doesn't work out AND favors the woman if it fails?

Government, finances and religion were not given a single thought to my marriage. Wife and I are not very religious people. We both work and make equal money (she might be slightly ahead of me, I think). We both have assets in our own names (no joint ownership or co-signing on anything). The government portion is what it is. You keep focusing on the POTENTIAL negatives, and that's on you! Divorces are the result of people marrying the wrong person. IF you marry the right person, there is a lot of benefits from the government. Namely, if something happens to me, my wife is the default beneficiary.

Why are you hung up on this topic? Everyone has their own beliefs and what's important to them throughout life. If you're trying to convince your partner that marriage isn't for you, then you're with the wrong partner. Just look at the other thread you started, there are a lot of people in there saying marriage doesn't make sense to them. I'm sure there are females out there who feel the same way.

Zemedici

Established Member
I'm on board with the marriage thing if it doesn't involve my money if things don't work out. Tell me that's wrong and how.

man who cares about money? Money is so easy to make its asinine.

The LAST thing I would worry about when finding a soulmate, you know, someone you want to spend FOREVER with, is money. You can always make more money.

You're thinking financially when you should be thinking emotionally.

And if you go INTO something thinking about the end, you're going to have a bad time.

MG0h3

Established Member
Has anybody in here been on both sides of the fence?

Married 7yrs and unfortunately I had to file for divorce. Reasons irrelevant for this discussion.

Like Revv said, the government has stuck their nose where it doesnt belong. Once again. Gave up @180k for 7yrs and we only lived together maybe 4 of the yrs. Had to pay her for partial value of rental homes I owned prior to marriage. She couldn't have found them with a map.

I was "allowed" to keep two vehicles I had owned prior to marriage in trade for my ex getting a paid off vehicle worth 30k. Lawyers **** you, judge ****s you, it's a racket.

I liked being married and would to again but circumstances right now aren't the best for that.

Am I bitter about the system? Yep. Dont really blame my ex at all. So I totally see where the OP is at. Some of yall may change your tune if you ever went through it. Dont say "no I wouldnt" because you honestly dont know.

Now I'm getting sued for past due child support. Their own exhibit on the subpoena, as well as the online system with the AG shows I'm current. Ex called the AG office and told them she doesnt want us to go to court. They told her too bad, we have too. ****ing losers wouldn't have a job if they weren't doing this shit. If I dont walk out of there with at least a contempt of court charge I'll be amazed. If they throw me in jail I'll still get paid since I'm furloughed hahahha

.....deep breath....ok rant over.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

01yellercobra

Established Member
I got married because I wanted to. I knew we'd be together forever. Money, religion, or property weren't involved. Hell, we were so broke we got married at the courthouse. But I left for boot camp a little over a month after we got married. We hit 20 years in November. Hard to imagine life without her or my kids. That's not to say we haven't had our hard times. We even separated for a bit at one time. It forced us to communicate. But we're good now. If something does happen in the future I'll probably die as a bachelor.

VegasMichael

Established Member
I know that I've responded to a lot, but I will try to sum up with this;

Marriage in my opinion is a religious institution. It is a commitment, or covenant made before God between a man and a woman.

I understand that the government has stuck their nose into marriage, just as they have everything else. I could not care less about what any State or Country establishes marriage as though; for me it is a promise to love and care for my wife before God.

Do I think I have failed? Absolutely. I could be 10 times the man I am and not live up to what my wife deserves.

What about divorce and religion? Does religion, more specifically Christianity, prohibit divorce? No, it doesn't. We are directed away from divorce, but not judged or defined by such.

We can get into Biblical studies if you would like, but I'm not sure that is what you are looking for.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
The past few months I've actually been falling back on my religious upbringing.

VegasMichael

Established Member
Government, finances and religion were not given a single thought to my marriage. Wife and I are not very religious people. We both work and make equal money (she might be slightly ahead of me, I think). We both have assets in our own names (no joint ownership or co-signing on anything). The government portion is what it is. You keep focusing on the POTENTIAL negatives, and that's on you! Divorces are the result of people marrying the wrong person. IF you marry the right person, there is a lot of benefits from the government. Namely, if something happens to me, my wife is the default beneficiary.

Why are you hung up on this topic? Everyone has their own beliefs and what's important to them throughout life. If you're trying to convince your partner that marriage isn't for you, then you're with the wrong partner. Just look at the other thread you started, there are a lot of people in there saying marriage doesn't make sense to them. I'm sure there are females out there who feel the same way.
I'm hung up on this topic because I have seen so many marriages fail and the man gets crucified in court.

VegasMichael

Established Member
man who cares about money? Money is so easy to make its asinine.

The LAST thing I would worry about when finding a soulmate, you know, someone you want to spend FOREVER with, is money. You can always make more money.

You're thinking financially when you should be thinking emotionally.

And if you go INTO something thinking about the end, you're going to have a bad time.
What? Look, I'm going to air this out here right now. My parents are very well off. I lucked out. Won the ovarian lottery. Why on earth would I want to have to split my inheritance with someone? I don't think emotionally, Josh. That might be where we differ.

MG0h3

Established Member
I'm hung up on this topic because I have seen so many marriages fail and the man gets crucified in court.

Pretty much...but typically you have a guy that works and supports the wife. The court believes that he should continue supporting her.

Not sure how your state works, but I know a few guys that are paying a couple grand a month in alimony FOR LIFE.

MG0h3

Established Member
What? Look, I'm going to air this out here right now. My parents are very well off. I lucked out. Won the ovarian lottery. Why on earth would I want to have to split my inheritance with someone? I don't think emotionally, Josh. That might be where we differ.

Not sure if inheritance is something the court considers since it isn't something that you earned. Might look into that. They can ask for anything though.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
I'm looking for the easy money that @Zemedici mentioned. Lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

VegasMichael

Established Member
Pretty much...but typically you have a guy that works and supports the wife. The court believes that he should continue supporting her.

Not sure how your state works, but I know a few guys that are paying a couple grand a month in alimony FOR LIFE.
And that scares the crap out of me.

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
I don't think emotionally...

That's why you don't understand marriage. It is an emotional bond with another so deep that the man doesn't worry about his risks.

You never will since you grew up so wealthy. The best you will ever do is a prenump. I hope I don't affend you. I'm just calling it like I see it. Marriage obviously isn't your thing.

TERMN8U

Established Member
The past few months I've actually been falling back on my religious upbringing.
Hey man.
I don’t give anyone advice anymore......
Except this...” what you believe... YOU WILL ACHEIVE”....
My brother manifested his devorce and financial crucifiction. For 23 years almost,He always talked about how bad it would be for him if he were divorced.
Eventually the universe gave him what he directed so much energy towards.
Those are my two cents. ;)
I love my wife and thank god for her twice a day. I believe that’s how you stay in love and married until you die.

Users who are viewing this thread