Soldiers come in...

FX4 SAPPER

Established Member
thanks blackfang thats good info to know. i will keep that in mind while im there. i was just on the futuresoldiers site and i have exactly 50 days till i ship out so its getting close. cant wait to finally do something again, ive been unemployed since january.

Good luck, be prepared for MO weather, when you get there, probably will be 2-4 inches of snow and when you graduate it will be in the 90's. Luckily for me i lived there and was used to it. Nothing like seeing people from HI and So cal who never had seen snow, hail or sleet before.

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
I'll be at Leonard Wood from Jan. 19- May 25. But my time will be much more enjoyable than yours.

Do what you're told and do your best. Good luck.

03cobraracer

Established Member
Thanks guys for the info. 95 svt cobra I'm definitely gonna prepare for the cold as much as I can. Its freezing here in Jersey now and I've seen tons of snow.

And matts00gt that'd cool man.yeah mines not gonna be very fun but I'm gonna give 100% everyday since I want this really bad. I can't wait to get started. Just finished all my future soldier test and gotta do my pt test in a few weeks. Then I'm set

blackfang

Established Member
If you don't like Missouri weather, then wait 10 minutes as it will change. I remember coming in at 4 am to wake up the privates and it was like 10 degrees out..lol

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
And matts00gt that'd cool man.yeah mines not gonna be very fun but I'm gonna give 100% everyday since I want this really bad. I can't wait to get started. Just finished all my future soldier test and gotta do my pt test in a few weeks. Then I'm set

Give it about a year...the Army will suck all the Highspeedness right out of you lol! Goodluck man! :beer:

Last edited:

03cobraracer

Established Member
Give it about a year...the Army will suck all the Highspeedness right out of you lol! Goodluck man! :beer:

haha yeah its all good. they own my ass for 5 years so i will make the best of it. but its a big change in lifestyle. ive been out of work this whole year so i cant wait to go do something useful again. lol

TaraFirma

Established Member
Oh and yes you do pay for your uniforms. It gets deducted from your pay while you are there.
Very true. The price of all your initial issue is taken out of your first few paychecks. Your pay will go up after it is fully paid off. After that you get a clothing allowance if you are enlisted. If you go WO or O uniforms are on your dime.

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
It'll be over before you know it! I remember going through basic/AIT thinking it was the longest thing in the world, looking back now it flew by compared to deployments lol! Best of luck man, keep your read up. Where are you going to basic again? I'm sure it says it in the first page but I'm to lazy to wait for the page to load lol.

03cobraracer

Established Member
It'll be over before you know it! I remember going through basic/AIT thinking it was the longest thing in the world, looking back now it flew by compared to deployments lol! Best of luck man, keep your read up. Where are you going to basic again? I'm sure it says it in the first page but I'm to lazy to wait for the page to load lol.

lol im going to Ft. Leonard wood, MO. yeah im hoping it flies by for sure lol but im sure it will be cool, after a few weeks at least lol. just cant wait to get going with my career. just hoping i get stationed somewhere decent lol.

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
Yea I hear ya, and Leonardwood, are you going to be an Engineer? Whats your MOS gonna be? AIT in the same place?

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
Ah I see, damn MP. Thats what I wanted to do initally but I'm kinda glad I didnt, talk about some LONG hours and shitty work days. But It would for sure have its perks also. If your single or not married have fun, AIT was a ****ing blast for me. You have females locked up for 10+ weeks without being able to fraternize then you get that first weekend off post...panties drop lol!

blackmagicmach

The PoPo
Established Member
Ah I see, damn MP. Thats what I wanted to do initally but I'm kinda glad I didnt, talk about some LONG hours and shitty work days. But It would for sure have its perks also. If your single or not married have fun, AIT was a ****ing blast for me. You have females locked up for 10+ weeks without being able to fraternize then you get that first weekend off post...panties drop lol!

LOL WIN!!!!!:beer:
:pepper:
I cant wait either... I want it to get started already... :rockon::banana::rockon:
:pepper:

KingCobra1204

KingSVTCobra
Established Member
thanks blackfang thats good info to know. i will keep that in mind while im there. i was just on the futuresoldiers site and i have exactly 50 days till i ship out so its getting close. cant wait to finally do something again, ive been unemployed since january.

Well once you in show that you are motivated and don't listen to a lot of douche bags who are in the army who try bringing other people down with them. Try knocking out a lot of correspondence courses early... Definitely since in June they doing a whole new set up. PT is key, no matter what MOS you are

03cobraracer

Established Member
Yeah I feel old going in at 27 lol. I was a auto mechanic for years and hated it. Been a part time cop lately but can't get anything full time so army here I come! Lol

Users who are viewing this thread