Solving the Paxton belt slip problems... Race belts

lshin037

Established Member
Do it the right way and go 8 rib or gift a ATI balancer a shot.

The last thing you wsnt to do is add more tension to the system and break a crank.

High traction pulley will work too but you'll be changing belts often.

True. I'm gonna try it out and see if it works and how long the belt lasts. Experiences are mixed with it. Some say it shreds the belts, some say it'll go a couple months.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
high traction isn't bad, and you can run an 8rib high traction with a 6 rib, you just need the bolt and keyway

justinsstang

Established Member
I DID get the K060994 belt on.

I was using a short socket wrench with an extension and socket stuck over the end of the socket wrench and using that to pry the wrench and move the tensioner (lol). Went and got a good breaker bar and found out I didn't have the tensioner topped out all the way, it was close, but there was a tiny bit of slack. It was enough to BARELY get this K060994 black belt on. After releasing the tensioner it did drop down a very tiny bit. I think it should be fine.

Again, this is the K060994 black belt in the 4th idler hole from the left (with the bracket attached to the car and looking at it from the front of the motor), counting the first hole...
The one with the big O is where I have it: o o o O o

I was heading out to do my new datalog and it started pouring rain. Go figure. I'll have to get a datalog for Lund in the morning I guess =/

I'll give you guys some results about belt slip etc after I drive with it for a bit.

Last edited:

justinsstang

Established Member
Jon Lund tunes it, and I recommend him. He gave me my startup tune and it took 2 revisions to be finished when I first installed the paxton. That's using Bosch 1000cc injectors

JayVee

REAL is Rare
Established Member
(off belt topic but didn't want to start a thread when all the Paxton guys are already here...lol) without going into any GRAND details, has anyone ever experienced any sort or heard of any reported oil leak with this Novi 2200SL unit? Mine is. In short, I believe the culprit is the vent fitting.

lshin037

Established Member
high traction isn't bad, and you can run an 8rib high traction with a 6 rib, you just need the bolt and keyway

Is this like the carbinite coating but not as rough? The vortech website doesn't have a 3.33. the biggest one is 3.15

lshin037

Established Member
Belt seems to be working great Regular black gates K060994, 2.85 pulley, Idler in the middle hole. Vortech V3. Ran this past Friday + 2000 DA, knew I wasn't gonna set any record times because of the Florida heat but it ran ok.

IMG_5512_zpskkjccj40.jpg

Gates K060994 regular black one. I ordered a K060997 and a K061000 as well Gonna have to play around with belt size and idler pulley hole to get it as tight as possible.

I am in the center hole oo0oo. Wrap the belt around all the pulleys except the tensioner, pry the tensioner up to the top and slide the belt on. Thats what works for me.

Thanks for the update. I just realized that you have an a6 with 3.31 gears and you didn't have belt slip before (or not as much).

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
Jon Lund tunes it, and I recommend him. He gave me my startup tune and it took 2 revisions to be finished when I first installed the paxton. That's using Bosch 1000cc injectors

That's what I thought. He tunes my bolt on car as well. Wish I could stay with him for when I boost it, but he won't tune any turbo kits other than his.

JayVee

REAL is Rare
Established Member
anyone interested, I have a ALL OUT BALLZ OUT Plug N Play all the Bells and Whistles possible kit FS posted on the market. I am open for respectable offers and local pick up. Thanks Fellas

JayVee

REAL is Rare
Established Member
JayVee
What gears/transmission were you running and did you get any slip on the torque booster?

never got a chance to install the T/B after purchasing it from Thomas at BCR. But I am running 3.73 and whining way too fast... 3.31 are the way to go for the full gearing and powerband. I am sure someone like GIMMIE11s can back that up. He seems to be the Guru who has done all the research by experience and since moved on to TT.

Users who are viewing this thread