Spy Shots—’21 F-150 Raptor Gets GT500 Supercharged V8

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
From SEMA:

i-fbkmSNk-X2.jpg

Here’s a prototype of the upcoming Ford F-150 Raptor, which has all the markings of being driven on a dirty course, looks tough and imposing. The rear underpinnings still have drape-like camo to disguise the new coil-spring suspension system.

But perhaps even more notable is the fact that the new Raptor will be powered by a supercharged 5.2 V8 engine straight from the heart of the Shelby GT500, and will make between 725 and 750 hp, according to sources. One source said “Honestly, we had to counter RAM once we knew they installed the HellCat in the TRX”. The team is allegedly looking to beat the Ram TRX at all costs. Rumbles of a V8 can clearly be heard under the hood.

Expect an official debut in early 2021.

i-qm8wpbc-x2.jpg

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
With Ram committed to delivering TRX’s by the end of the year, if Ford was really going to offer a V8, they’d be clearly yelling it from atop a mountain. Why let Ram swoop in and steal all the non-Ford loyalists when they are about to update the F150 anyway? There is zero reason to play coy and hide it at this point. Unless you just want to give up sales.

All the videos I’ve seen have been extremely mediocre in terms of catching any sort of blown V8 noises. Go check out some of the early TRX mules vids. There is no doubt there is a V8 under the hood. Even if you put 5 mufflers in series, running through a single 2” pipe, you ain’t hiding 700+ HP.

It definitely looks like they are copying Ram’s rear suspension approach.

Last edited:

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Im putting gas mileage at 10 city and 13 hiway. Not gonna make a good DD but who cares lol.

Swine

Established Member
Why would they put a v8 in it? That makes no sense. The ecoboost is plenty of power

Was kinda hoping they would do a high end version of the raptor, make the ecoboost more affordable and a Shelby Raptor or something with a ~$15k increase.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
So it is actually a V8?? The video I’d heard of this truck still sounded like a 6.

Russo

Unofficial Glass Tech
Established Member
i said years ago the 1st gen raptor should have had the dohc 5.4 and 5.8 NA version of the old GT500 motor instead of the 5.4 3 valve and 6.2.. better gas mileage and better midrange power..

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
the only way this plays out in my favor is people with too much money start dumping their ecoboost trucks in mass for this and pushes the used market prices down but Im not holding my breath.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
I've seen this story take off, but still not 100% convinced. Would be definitely for it, as it would be the most America **** yea truck ever, but the few clips I've heard the exhaust didn't sound like the GT500 tone. Maybe it was a bad mic or I'm retarded. 50-50

Im interested to see what they have covered under that rear end!

No more leaf springs.

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
Why would they put a v8 in it? That makes no sense. The ecoboost is plenty of power

LOL! This should be fun.

Until I see a shot under the hood, it's truly speculation at best.

People have been begging for a V8 Raptor for years. Ford had no interest. Suddenly TRX comes out, and Ford has a knee-jerk reaction. Pretty crappy on Ford to only care what the competition is doing, not what the buyers want.

Last edited:

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Im interested to see what they have covered under that rear end!

There were some older pictures floating around of the coil spring rear in testing

LOL! This should be fun.

Until I see a shot under the hood, it's truly speculation at best.

People have been begging for a V8 Raptor for years. Ford had no interest. Suddenly TRX comes out, and Ford has a knee-jerk reaction. Pretty crappy on Ford to only care what the competition is doing, not what the buyers want.

someone needs to follow that bitch until it's parked then take one for the team and slide up underneath it for confirmation. The vids Ive seen are shitty and still sound like a V6 under partial load to me

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
yeah, uh, back when i said i would totally buy a supercharged V8 raptor.....that was if it was in the $50k price range..... so im out.

same with wrangler owners who have begging for a hemi wrangler. Bronco is introduced and suddenly Jeep is scrambling (no pun intended).

Users who are viewing this thread