stock 14 GT A6 baselines

1sweetSVT

too low
Established Member
i hit up pbir last night to get some baseline times for my bone stock 2014 GT A6 i picked up couple weeks ago. its a 400a brembo car that now has 550 miles on the ticker.

weather conditions were less than desirable. temp was 86-89* and humid through the night. DA was about 2200'...i got 5 passes, all of which were pretty consitent considering i tried leaving at different rpm's. all passes were made on the stock 255/40 F1's and advancetrac completely off.

1st and 2nd passes i left off idle, dead hook
3rd pass i left at 1250 rpm, spun a little
4th pass i left at 1000 rpm, spun a little
5th pass i left off idle, spun a little

times are pretty much what i expected. for shits and giggles i plan to get a little more seat time to cut a 12 sec pass before i start throwing parts on it. near future mods are jlt intake, full stainless works exhaust, and dyno tune....i have two tuners in mind currently.

also i threw the car on the scales and it weighed in at 3640lbs without me. im about 225lbs.

P1040633_zpsd5c3cfe2.jpg

the last pass i had my eyes glued to the tach to see what it was shifting at. anywhere from 6400-6700 is what i saw...when tuned i think ill bump that up to 7200-7300. it was shifting right before the traps. im really hoping bolt ons and a tune will wake this car up. coming from a pullied eaton lightning making 540+rwtq i have to say the fun factor def went down with the GT

viperakron

Established Member
my 12 auto ran 13.0s s stock on street tires. Got a VMP tune and went 12.30s Auto shifted like it had a valve body change.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Last edited:

Funny5.0

Established Member
i had my eyes glued to the tach to see what it was shifting at. anywhere from 6400-6700 is what i saw...when tuned i think ill bump that up to 7200-7300.

7200-7300 too high.

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member
7200-7300 too high.

well too high if you mean that you stop making power usually long before then with the stock manifold. At least I did with bama tuning. Running on the dyno next week thursday to see to what RPM I am making power too now, but sure feels like 7600 where I have the rev limiter set but won't know for sure until I get it on the dyno.

On the stock manifold it was closer to 6700 was peak power.

Funny5.0

Established Member
well too high if you mean that you stop making power usually long before then with the stock manifold. At least I did with bama tuning. Running on the dyno next week thursday to see to what RPM I am making power too now, but sure feels like 7600 where I have the rev limiter set but won't know for sure until I get it on the dyno.

Yup that's what I meant.

kingcobra323

Established Member
Did you air down your tires. .. I ran my stock pirellis at 20psi and had 1.87 60ft... Try that and your in the 12.9 range

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member
Did you air down your tires. .. I ran my stock pirellis at 20psi and had 1.87 60ft... Try that and your in the 12.9 range

street tires usually don't benefit from dropping PSI. It usually makes their traction worse. I know for my Mickey Thompson street comps anything lower than 35 kills their traction. Just as much as dropping them to 32 kills traction.

under-inflated-tires.gif

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
Chris, Not bad considering the heat and humidity. In the cooler weather you'll be running high 12's
Its been hot as hell down here. It must of been sweltering out in the swamp at the track.
Were Jack and Fred there? I hope to get out there after summer. Lots going on between Sherry's business and Mine. Way too many hours.

fctrywrkr

5.SL0
Established Member
my 13 auto went 12.20@118 with just a bama tune and racestar drag pack on ET streets out back. next time i go, ill flash it to stock and see what itll do.

LowNSlowNeon

Established Member
Times in my sig are stock...

Ran with it in drive and TC off.... launched off idle.

Haven't been back since the tune/offroad H....

1sweetSVT

too low
Established Member
7200-7300 too high.

hmmm from what ive read on here i thought tuned guys were reving that high, guess i need to do more research. im sure my tuner would have caught that and advised against.

nah i forgot my damn tire gauge. whatever the dealership had them at is what they were. launching at anything over idle resulted in a spin so im sure only adding sticky tires will net some gains.

Chris, Not bad considering the heat and humidity. In the cooler weather you'll be running high 12's
Its been hot as hell down here. It must of been sweltering out in the swamp at the track.
Were Jack and Fred there? I hope to get out there after summer. Lots going on between Sherry's business and Mine. Way too many hours.

hey matt. long time no talk. ya it was a little less than comfortable out that night but i was just excited to hit the strip again. jack was out there. i think fred is still outta state racing. you work too much/should be racing :beer:

my 13 auto went 12.20@118 with just a bama tune and racestar drag pack on ET streets out back. next time i go, ill flash it to stock and see what itll do.

nice times! temp? track prep? DA? im sure those big n little made quite a difference. ive never been one for canned tunes... got my intake but im still figuring out which exhaust i want and then itll go on the dyno. 99% sure ill have kmac tune it since he did great things with my lightning.

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member
well I could rev my car to 7300 with the stock manifold and didn't notice in first gear with the 3.73 but in later geas you can feel the lost of power as the RPMs climb.

At the same time, depending on gears, you might want to rev that high to stay in 4th through the trap.

Users who are viewing this thread