Stopped for speeding 70MPH in a 65MPOH zone Mean Trooper Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

sleepyv

Banned
what the **** does "brb" mean in your posts? doesn't make sense.

and yes, this country has issues. but in spite of those issues it is still the greatest place to live on earth. Feel free to turn in your passport at any time bub. you won't be missed.

lol brb never been outside the US, think it's greatest place to live on earth.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
lol brb never been outside the US, think it's greatest place to live on earth.

Germany, china, Iraq, afghanistan, canada, England, Belgium, Japan, The Netherlands, Kuwait, Mexico

Yeah I have never been outside the U.S.

Lt. ZO6

Established Member
brb enforcing every single law possible on earth and still having extremely high crime rates.

I don't really want to be a US citizen right now, no, because we are turning into the very thing the US was founded against. Brb illegal targetting of political groups, illegal wire taps, going after reporters, taking from rich giving to poor, encouraging entitlement, running such a massive deficit economy that it will never recover. I'd wager there is more freedom and opportunity in developing country than in the US right now.

Which Latin American country do you live in?

sleepyv

Banned
Germany, china, Iraq, afghanistan, canada, England, Belgium, Japan, The Netherlands, Kuwait, Mexico

Yeah I have never been outside the U.S.

So you were stationed in a bunch of shitty countries and you came to that conclusion. You should really come down to Latin America.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
So you were stationed in a bunch of shitty countries and you came to that conclusion. You should really come down to Latin America.
once again you assume shit. I was not stationed in any of them. I am not in th emilitary. and LOL if you thing Germany, Japan, England, belgium, and the netherlands are shitty country.

and I will pass on going anywhere in the drug infested south american continent.

is mexico not latin america? it was last I checked. and which latin american country are you in? it has been asked 3 times now and you have yet to answer the question.

sleepyv

Banned
once again you assume shit. I was not stationed in any of them. I am not in th emilitary. and LOL if you thing Germany, Japan, England, belgium, and the netherlands are shitty country.

and I will pass on going anywhere in the drug infested south american continent.

is mexico not latin america? it was last I checked. and which latin american country are you in? it has been asked 3 times now and you have yet to answer the question.

Europe is pretty shitty if you ask me.

Drug infested? lol. Exactly my point in you being the typical ignorant America.

Mexico is not latin america. Mexicans are NOT latins. They are more American than they are latin.

The country I am in is for you to guess ;)

testorossa1989

Established Member
Ive been in many situations like these. I now have a attorney for officers like that. The problem in your situation is each officer has his or her own definition of the law and put their own swing on it. The unfortunate thing is as long as your exhaust is not legal by state inspection criteria they most likely will ticket you for that, and just go down the board writting off infractions. I suggest you speak to a law office

Lt. ZO6

Established Member
He won't admit which country he lives in because he knows the second he does, we will point out just how much a craphole the place is...

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Europe is pretty shitty if you ask me.
I am going with you tactic of assumption and bet that you have never been to europe
Mexico is not latin america. Mexicans are NOT latins. They are more American than they are latin.
I bet a few hundred million mexican will dispute your OPINION.
The country I am in is for you to guess ;)
you are so proud to be down there but you won't say where you are? that in and of itself is telling.

I suggest you speak to a law office
this is the ONLY thing you said that was in anyway accurate. it is probably a good idea since some of those warning could still wind up as tickets.

He won't admit which country he lives in because he knows the second he does, we will point out just how much a craphole the place is...
most likely true. My guess is he is in columbia working for one of the drug cartels.

testorossa1989

Established Member
I am going with you tactic of assumption and bet that you have never been to europe

you are so proud to be down there but you won't say where you are? that in and of itself is telling.

this is the ONLY thing you said that was in anyway accurate. it is probably a good idea since some of those warning could still wind up as tickets.

most likely true. My guess is he is in columbia working for one of the drug cartels.

Wasnt hard to notice your a forum troll. Please explain how that was the only part that was accurate. Id love to know what experience of judicial system you have in the north east. 1, 2, 3 GO:burn: wait your from TEXAS, doesnt get more political than that. Im sure your side on the law is we all get fire arms and enforce the law ourselves like back in the day, Let me go get my horse

SVT GT

Established Member

Don't care what you print and type you are not here in CT, living a life here in CT, and not having to deal with these laws in CT. As long as you have cats and a mufflers you are good to go in CT. You are quick to jump on people cases saying their "wrong" like you know all and the poster is an imbecile, when you actually didn't read their post. I mentioned nothing to the effect of "aftermarket" or "stock" exhaust. I mentioned "...CT law is you need cats and some mufflers for your exhaust that's it..." Which is correct. CT requires passenger vehicles to have cats and mufflers not one or the other, or none.
The police here can say all they want about it being loud or not and unless they have a decibel meter and testing your vehicle under the provision of the meters test. The police do not know the laws anymore than the average joe. They pass judgment on what they "feel" "think" the city or state law is, which is a shame seeing that they should know the law they are trying to enforce. Not assume what he "thinks it should be". Now when it comes to sound back in 03 CT passed a law saying any aftermarket muffler or pipe that makes the car louder is a misdemeanor. Not really enforceable unless you have a decibel meter and doing the test under set parameters.
I'm not saying that the ops exhaust is or isn't illegal and that he should just submit to something because of an aftermarket part on his Mustang. Its the "loud exhaust ticket" that's being debated and him being ticketed for, not being ticketed for his exhaust manufacture of choice. Link to CT DMV Maximum Permissible noise level for vehicles http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...=1jYplgkFQ-yUyXr0YD-hQA&bvm=bv.47380653,d.dmg
What's that phrase the motorcycle'ers use..."loud pipes save lives". 99% of them never get pulled over for their exhaust even though you can ALWAYS hear them from 15 miles away. Whether it be a jap bike or American. Yes this is an aggravation on the ops part but if he plays his cards right this might be dropped.
I agree testorossa ask an attorney about this situation you are dealing with and send in the ticket not guilty. Heck, if anything else you could even find a repair garage and have them write a ticket for repairing your exhaust leak. Good Luck op.

testorossa1989

Established Member

Family Guy - SuperDevil - YouTube

sleepyv

Banned
Mexicans are not latins. They were aztecs... Aztecs are closer to Native Americans than they are to Mayas and Incas. Mexicans are widely hated throughout latin america.

Drug cartel? lol... Just to rub it in even more here's a pic of my shitty craphole cars!

535060_10151861568214046_2080992529_n.jpg

67331_10151772600129046_223122449_n.jpg

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Wasnt hard to notice your a forum troll. Please explain how that was the only part that was accurate. Id love to know what experience of judicial system you have in the north east. 1, 2, 3 GO:burn: wait your from TEXAS, doesnt get more political than that. Im sure your side on the law is we all get fire arms and enforce the law ourselves like back in the day, Let me go get my horse
once again someone makes assumptions with no basis in fact. 30 years in DC pretty much gives me a LOT of experience of judicial sysmesn in the North East. let me know when you get your foot out of your mouth then I may answer the rest of your question.

testorossa1989

Established Member
once again someone makes assumptions with no basis in fact. 30 years in DC pretty much gives me a LOT of experience of judicial sysmesn in the North East. let me know when you get your foot out of your mouth then I may answer the rest of your question.

Pretty much? If your not even from the region i wouldnt be making assumptions based off your views of having a residence in D.C for 30 years. That proves nothing and based off your comments above, the only thing you proven is you have a tremendous amount of free time on your hands to be picking a quote from each and every one of the posts above. Unless your a district attorney in the state of CT, you dont have jack to say or any advice to give beyond this point

Thanks. :kaboom:

Last edited:

My2003Mach1

Established Member
Don't care what you print and type you are not here in CT, living a life here in CT, and not having to deal with these laws in CT. As long as you have cats and a mufflers you are good to go in CT. You are quick to jump on people cases saying their "wrong" like you know all and the poster is an imbecile, when you actually didn't read their post. I mentioned nothing to the effect of "aftermarket" or "stock" exhaust. I mentioned "...CT law is you need cats and some mufflers for your exhaust that's it..." Which is correct. CT requires passenger vehicles to have cats and mufflers not one or the other, or none.
The police here can say all they want about it being loud or not and unless they have a decibel meter and testing your vehicle under the provision of the meters test. The police do not know the laws anymore than the average joe. They pass judgment on what they "feel" "think" the city or state law is, which is a shame seeing that they should know the law they are trying to enforce. Not assume what he "thinks it should be". Now when it comes to sound back in 03 CT passed a law saying any aftermarket muffler or pipe that makes the car louder is a misdemeanor. Not really enforceable unless you have a decibel meter and doing the test under set parameters.
I'm not saying that the ops exhaust is or isn't illegal and that he should just submit to something because of an aftermarket part on his Mustang. Its the "loud exhaust ticket" that's being debated and him being ticketed for, not being ticketed for his exhaust manufacture of choice. Link to CT DMV Maximum Permissible noise level for vehicles http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...=1jYplgkFQ-yUyXr0YD-hQA&bvm=bv.47380653,d.dmg
What's that phrase the motorcycle'ers use..."loud pipes save lives". 99% of them never get pulled over for their exhaust even though you can ALWAYS hear them from 15 miles away. Whether it be a jap bike or American. Yes this is an aggravation on the ops part but if he plays his cards right this might be dropped.
I agree testorossa ask an attorney about this situation you are dealing with and send in the ticket not guilty. Heck, if anything else you could even find a repair garage and have them write a ticket for repairing your exhaust leak. Good Luck op.

removed by moderator

Last edited by a moderator:

Machdup1

Established Member
my point is cops break the law... this cop was out of line, these types of attitudes are why cops feel that they are above the law and feel that they can write the law on the spot because its their opinion..

How does the officer writing you a ticket for you breaking the law make you believe that he thinks he is above the law?

DepWraith

Established Member

Wrong again...its nots just that you can have any type of mufflers and be legal; the Ct state statute says that certain type of mufflers, such as those the OP has, ARE NOT LEGAL. It's not a noise violation, but rather an equipment violation I was speaking of. Since the OP did not list the specific statute he was cited under, neither of us really have enough information to fully say if he was or wasn't in violation of that particular statute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread