Stopped for speeding 70MPH in a 65MPOH zone Mean Trooper Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

My2003Mach1

Established Member
Pretty much? If your not even from the region i wouldnt be making assumptions based off your views of having a residence in D.C for 30 years. That proves nothing and based off your comments above, the only thing you proven is you have a tremendous amount of free time on your hands to be picking a quote from each and every one of the posts above. Unless your a district attorney in the state of CT, you dont have jack to say or any advice to give beyond this point

Thanks. :kaboom:

VALID agreed were do you get off picking a person apart? do you have any credentials? Surely you can't be here calling the kettle black? I mean you lived and practiced law in new England and have studied law in the state of Connecticut? and you know the actions and demeanor of police officers in the state of Connecticut and you made it crystal clear that you we in favor of the ticketing police officer and him being within rights...

Id say that your very good assumptions. BTW your sarcasm and arrogance makes you appear less than , your jumping on everyone's shit.. stop already your not kool...:burn:

My2003Mach1

Established Member
What is the exact statute or code he wrote on the ticket?

14-80(a)

no sound metering done as indicated in CGS 14-80a which is

(c) The Commissioner of Motor Vehicles shall, with the advice of the Commissioner of Environmental Protection, adopt regulations in accordance with the provisions of chapter 54 establishing the maximum decibel levels permissible for motor vehicles, which shall not exceed the maximum decibel levels established for motor vehicles by federal law or regulation. The Commissioner of Motor Vehicles shall establish the procedure for checking maximum decibel levels. The decibel level shall be measured fifty feet from the centerline of the vehicle. The Commissioner of Motor Vehicles may provide for measuring at distances closer than fifty feet from the centerline of the vehicle. In such a case, the measuring devices shall be calibrated to provide for measurements equivalent to the noise limit established by this section measured at fifty feet.

ALSO here are the statue fees and descriptions...

14-80(a) 225.00 Unnecessary or unusual noise, operating causing ((((((( This is the one i got... but really )))))))
14-80(b) 225.00 Improper muffler; defective muffler installation
14-80(c) 225.00 Excessive fumes or exhaust smoke
14-80(d) 225.00 Exhaust pipe requirements
14-80(e) 225.00 Defective horn
14-80(f) 225.00 Using a siren without a permit
14-80a(a) 92.00 Exceeding decibel noise levels (((((((( this is what my ticket should have been for )))))))....
14-80a(b)* 92.00 Sale of vehicle which exceeds established decibel levels
14-80b(a) 92.00 Ball joints, tie-rod ends, concealing play or motion
14-80b(b) 92.00 Operating motor vehicle with concealed ball joints/tie
rods

Last edited:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
WELL STATED! :beer:

AND for you RDJ hears to your nut hugging of the po po
YOU said to google the department in YOUR town. who you were knocking. you did not say google bad cop news. nothing like proving yourself wrong. good job.

I am gonna request this be moved to smackdown. the amount of stupid pouring from you and others cannot be responded to civilly anymore.

My2003Mach1

Established Member
YOU said to google the department in YOUR town. who you were knocking. you did not say google bad cop news. nothing like proving yourself wrong. good job.

removed by moderator

Last edited by a moderator:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
yes let move it or better yet just pm me i can help you learn how to be humble quick fast and in a hurry BOSS!

I think there is a few members just in this thread who would love to smack you down over and over and over beat you (down)till we fall asleep :bash:
you are welcome to try in in PM .. you go first

SVT GT

Established Member
Wrong again...its nots just that you can have any type of mufflers and be legal; the Ct state statute says that certain type of mufflers, such as those the OP has, ARE NOT LEGAL. It's not a noise violation, but rather an equipment violation I was speaking of. Since the OP did not list the specific statute he was cited under, neither of us really have enough information to fully say if he was or wasn't in violation of that particular statute.

I'm wrong? You better look again. His exhaust manufacture is not in question. You seem like a good guy but you are just as wrong here, as you were the first time in reading my post. You should really read my whole posts instead of picking out one line. Is the ticket for parts or is the ticket for sound? Its not an equipment violation. His ticket is the norm of what cops give out here if they want to break b&lls. They use the operators exhaust as an excuse to rack up the charges. I have heard this many many times here in CT, hence my last post stating about being in, living in, and dealing with CT laws. Seems you missed that first sentence. If the op had an exhaust leak on a stock exhaust system he would get the same ticket. If you want to debate the aftermarket parts like you are saying "certain CT statute says certain type of mufflers are illegal", please find me this "list" of certain named manufactures of mufflers that are illegal here in CT. Seeing that you are in fla, CT exhaust laws should be of much concern for you and easy to find. I sure can't find them. If you remember each state is different with their laws and especially with noise and exhaust. CT does not state or point out which manufacture / type of mufflers that we can or can not use. In CT you can have an aftermarket exhaust on your vehicle, if it does not make the sound go past a certain decibel. I mentioned this in my last post which you probably didn't read all the way through. Beside his exhaust manufacture is NOT in question. Its the loudness of his vehicle that the cop says is past the required decibel level for the state. How would he know without a meter? He doesn't so he now makes the op jump through legal hoops and now possibly will have deal with the DMV. Now the cop is laughing on the inside because of this. Sometimes I think its jealousy or they are fan bois of a different company, but they have much nicer cleaner cars than most around here. Yes a good portion have mustangs, corvettes etc too.
As a matter of fact some years ago off duty cops use to try and entice people to race them in their mustangs and camaros. Only to have their buddies waiting at a spot down the road to make an arrest and call the tow truck. Set up in another spot and do it again. CT is just like any other state with their police corruption, police not being held to the standard of laws, police being free to break the laws, and paramilitary style attitude and look.

Know what I really don't care. Have fun think happy happy thoughts on whos right or whos wrong. I really could care less if you're right and I'm wrong or if I'm right and you're wrong lol. Seeing that its supper time...I'm going to sit back have a few beers, eat some steak, enjoy the rest of the day, and watch t.v. Much better things to do then try and discuss this non-sense lol. Op, again good luck :beer:

DepWraith

Established Member
I'm wrong? You better look again. His exhaust manufacture is not in question. You seem like a good guy but you are just as wrong here, as you were the first time in reading my post. You should really read my whole posts instead of picking out one line. Is the ticket for parts or is the ticket for sound? Its not an equipment violation. His ticket is the norm of what cops give out here if they want to break b&lls. They use the operators exhaust as an excuse to rack up the charges. I have heard this many many times here in CT, hence my last post stating about being in, living in, and dealing with CT laws. Seems you missed that first sentence. If the op had an exhaust leak on a stock exhaust system he would get the same ticket. If you want to debate the aftermarket parts like you are saying "certain CT statute says certain type of mufflers are illegal", please find me this "list" of certain named manufactures of mufflers that are illegal here in CT. Seeing that you are in fla, CT exhaust laws should be of much concern for you and easy to find. I sure can't find them. If you remember each state is different with their laws and especially with noise and exhaust. CT does not state or point out which manufacture / type of mufflers that we can or can not use. In CT you can have an aftermarket exhaust on your vehicle, if it does not make the sound go past a certain decibel. I mentioned this in my last post which you probably didn't read all the way through. Beside his exhaust manufacture is NOT in question. Its the loudness of his vehicle that the cop says is past the required decibel level for the state. How would he know without a meter? He doesn't so he now makes the op jump through legal hoops and now possibly will have deal with the DMV. Now the cop is laughing on the inside because of this. Sometimes I think its jealousy or they are fan bois of a different company, but they have much nicer cleaner cars than most around here. Yes a good portion have mustangs, corvettes etc too.
As a matter of fact some years ago off duty cops use to try and entice people to race them in their mustangs and camaros. Only to have their buddies waiting at a spot down the road to make an arrest and call the tow truck. Set up in another spot and do it again. CT is just like any other state with their police corruption, police not being held to the standard of laws, police being free to break the laws, and paramilitary style attitude and look.

Know what I really don't care. Have fun think happy happy thoughts on whos right or whos wrong. I really could care less if you're right and I'm wrong or if I'm right and you're wrong lol. Seeing that its supper time...I'm going to sit back have a few beers, eat some steak, enjoy the rest of the day, and watch t.v. Much better things to do then try and discuss this non-sense lol. Op, again good luck :beer:

I didn't say the manufacturer, I said the type, which were listed in the statute that I referenced.

Now that the OP has provided the statute which I also referenced (14-80(a))..which is the MECHANICAL EQUIPMENT section (hence improper mufflers such as straight throughs, gutted, non-baffled, etc) and he was not cited under the EXCESSIVE NOISE section of the statute.

Not sure what line of work you are in (would love to know though), but I hope it's nothing serious as your attention to detail is lacking along with your ability to research, comprehend law, spell or even write a grammatically correct sentence or paragraph.

I love the parts where you say cops are jealous, corrupt and look paramilitary. I'm not jealous, I'll take my ride over yours any day. Corrupt? That's just funny. As for the look, it a paramilitary structure so that would make sense.

Not sure what caused your hatred and dislike of cops, but it appears way too deep for just the average person and maybe a little therapy is in order.

Machdup1

Established Member
easily.... he felt justified in writing me a ticket for loud exhaust based upon his opinion....

You do realize that every citation is based on the officers opinion of the situation.

Sounds like you should challenge his opinion in court and check the judge's opinion.

You didn't read the rules. If you did, you wouldn't call him a dick outside of SD. Read them again, but slowly so you understand them. You're begging for infractions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

removed by moderator

Last edited by a moderator:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Although I dont post on SVTP very often, one of the things Ive learned on here is that RDJ has always been a prick to everyone and offers nothing to topics except being "that guy" who is the resident prick. And be careful what you say to him because if you curse he will run to the mods because you hurt his feelings.
Oh and there is also no such thing as a fellow officer being rude to a motorist. Its always warranted for whatever reason.
I see you are prone to overexaggeration and hyperbole.

for the record I have never run to the mods because someone has "hurt my feelings" according to some I have no feelings to hurt. I will say that you obviously haven't a clue since you haven't read all of my posts and I am willing to be you haven't read enough of them to qualify as any kind of a judge.

Lt. ZO6

Established Member
OP,

You posed your questions and they have been answered. I'm curious why you have felt the need to continue posting in here with insults towards law enforcement?

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
He is a dick though. Many of the mods permit his overt trolling because he's befriended them and that's what makes the moderation in this section. quite suspect. But that's the way SVTP operates. Obvious trolls...who kiss major ass...get more rule bending privileges. It tends to happen though, to the trolls who have no life. And RDJ has no life.
and once again you come in to spout your non-sense. when I break the rules I get infractions. I am sitting on a couple now because I insulted outside of smackdown, kind of like you have here. I push the limits but just because you get asshurt over something I say does not mean I have broken the rules. You, like some of the others confuse straight talk that pulls no punches with "insults" because you don't like what you read. well too ****ing bad. when I screw up I take my infractions and move on unlike some who seem to get them and then cry about it.

I have done very little complaining to the mods. people insult me outside of smackdown on a regular basis and I don't report them. I HAVE reported them when they push it too far but that is seldom. I don't kiss ass especially yours and I guess that is why you are whining for my attention now.

BayGuitarPlayer

Established Member
TBH it seems as if this whole ordeal could have been avoided if you put the car in neutral and hit the brake when slowing down. Over here in California "Land of emissions" downshifting in front of highway patrol in a modded car would be a trip to the state referee so fast you wouldn't know what happened as well as being written up for all the other stuff. Since it seems he only penalized you for the loud exhaust I would possibly consider fighting it if it't really bugging you. Unless he took pictures of your setup (Longtubes and OR/X/H i assume?) or had a db meter reading It's basically the officer's opinion of Loud Vs. Your opinion of loud and the judge will have the final say. I wouldn't even bring up the other 3 things as they were just warnings. One other thing to keep in mind is from what i've seen, if you are driving in CT with a CT drivers license but have florida plates, reg and insurance, i'm not saying it's an instant citation but they will try to mess with you a lot of the time.

Poppacapp

Established Member
I am not being a smartass here, but you obviously have never had a Virginia summons for window tint on your NC registered car. If you would like, I am sure I can dig up a few cases where I can EASILY prove your statement false. I promise that on I-95 (where I patrol up north of Richmond) plenty of out of state drivers get tickets for out of state tint and get CONVICTED even when they show up for court.

If they get convicted, then it is their own fault. No way in hell that should happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread