Supplement gods, please step in.

SWThomas

El Cazador
Established Member
A scoop of whey before and a scoop of whey after you workout is all you need. That's all the BCAAs you need. You'll just piss out anything else. Arginine is worthless so save your money.

spike_africa

Established Member
I take a multi, whey after workouts or for meal replacements when in a rush, and fish oil Omega 3-6-9. I have ON Amino Energy that I use maybe once a week when I have no motivation to go workout.

ViciousJay

Established Member
Beat results are to date.

Morning:

Omega 3
1 a day or whatever it's called

Protein shake

-----------------------

Afternoon:

Protein shake 5-10 min per workout and 2 fish oils

After workout I take creatine

Last edited:

kingnut

Established Member
everyone buys all this crazy shit for preworkout enhancers. when 95% of the boost they are getting comes from caffeine in the supplement. simple caffeine, not all the scientific shit that all the supplements claim to boost your energy.

i eat some oatmeal and an apple 30 minutes before my workout. and take 1/2 of a tablet of Advanced Caffeine by Prolab with my meal. advanced caffeine will give you serious energy and pump. also you dont get the extra calories from name brand preworkout supps. and its CHEAP.

for BCAA during workout i use ON instantized powder BCAA. i mix it with Ultima Replenisher (great gatorade substitute). basically no calories and you get a ton of BCAA's. Xtend is flavored garbage that will give you a headache and is overpriced.

after workout ON HYDRO Platinum Whey or Syntha-6.

also for a great fish oil that provides a ton of DHA and really helps with inflammation. look up Mega DHA from Nature's Way.

Last edited:

Guy Fawkes

Established Member
BSN Snyha 6, NO-Xplode, and AminnoX. Thats my stack. Though I think the no-xpolode is really ****ing me up because A. Im fat and B. Im not used to caffine anymore.

I was starting to take X Factor but probably going to stop.

John@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Glutamine is the only supplement I'd ever use after a workout. back int he day when Bill phillips owned EAS, they had the best of the best.

As far as protein supplementation goes, Met-Rx is still king. The rest are making pure trash.

And stay away from any 'supplement' that states in its warning label that it will raise your blood pressure or could damage your liver, kidney, etc. You'd have to be rather feebleminded to even think that's something you should ingest.

(Flame suit on).

Optimum Nutrition, Dymatize are top dogs imo and may other's opinion.

John@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
everyone buys all this crazy shit for preworkout enhancers. when 95% of the boost they are getting comes from caffeine in the supplement. simple caffeine, not all the scientific shit that all the supplements claim to boost your energy.

i eat some oatmeal and an apple 30 minutes before my workout. and take 1/2 of a tablet of Advanced Caffeine by Prolab with my meal. advanced caffeine will give you serious energy and pump. also you dont get the extra calories from name brand preworkout supps. and its CHEAP.

I would consider adding arginine and alanine that's where the real pump comes from.

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
The main concern I have heard about creatine is the bloating and you have to intake a lot of water. Does anyone have any good articles or anything on creatine monohydrate without the BS?

It frustrates me when I go to GNC or any other supplement store and I see all of this "ultra mass creatine peptide super whey gain 50 lbs of muscle in 24 hours mega pill..." shit on the bottles (you guys know what I am talking about). I wish they had somewhere that would cut out all the BS on the labels, shelves and even with the sales people and have some good legitimate advice.

I appreciate the good advice that you guys have given me so far. Seems like most of you guys are on point.

I didn't know that Jack3d is off the list now, thanks for the info!

I started supplementing with whey and fish oil and multi's after I got out of boot camp a few years ago and that is what I have stuck with since. Have noticed gains with just those.

I'm really just trying to speed up recovery and support the muscle building process as much as possible, with out getting to crazy with the supplements. My diet is on point so no concern there. I know that I am definitely not losing any muscle mass.

I haven't really looked into any other supplementation until now. I have just recently started researching and experimenting with other products in the past month or two.

Last edited:

neatofrito1618

Established Member

for BCAA during workout i use ON instantized powder BCAA. i mix it with Ultima Replenisher (great gatorade substitute). basically no calories and you get a ton of BCAA's. Xtend is flavored garbage that will give you a headache and is overpriced.

after workout ON HYDRO Platinum Whey or Syntha-6.

also for a great fish oil that provides a ton of DHA and really helps with inflammation. look up Mega DHA from Nature's Way.
DMAA is where the majority of energy boost comes from. I've taken 5-6 caffeine pills pre-workout and it isn't even remotely similar.

kingnut

Established Member
DMAA is where the majority of energy boost comes from. I've taken 5-6 caffeine pills pre-workout and it isn't even remotely similar.

DMAA is banned, good luck finding it in anything. and you are incorrect. as i said earlier 95% of the energy you get from (no-explode, green bulge, xpand, etc) is from the caffeine in the product. google it.

Machdup1

Established Member
The main concern I have heard about creatine is the bloating and you have to intake a lot of water. Does anyone have any good articles or anything on creatine monohydrate without the BS?

It frustrates me when I go to GNC or any other supplement store and I see all of this "ultra mass creatine peptide super whey gain 50 lbs of muscle in 24 hours mega pill..." shit on the bottles (you guys know what I am talking about). I wish they had somewhere that would cut out all the BS on the labels, shelves and even with the sales people and have some good legitimate advice.

I appreciate the good advice that you guys have given me so far. Seems like most of you guys are on point.

I started supplementing with whey and fish oil and multi's after I got out of boot camp a few years ago and that is what I have stuck with since. Have noticed gains with just those.

I'm really just trying to speed up recovery and support the muscle building process as much as possible, with out getting to crazy with the supplements. My diet is on point so no concern there. I know that I am definitely not losing any muscle mass.

I haven't really looked into any other supplementation until now. I have just recently started researching and experimenting with other products in the past month or two.

Go to bodybuilding.com, go the forums or the store and search for "best recovery" your education will begin.

svtrookie

Established Member

If you have problems with bloating try Concrete Creatine. I haven't had any issues with bloating/upset stomach etc. The results are good and I use it before I lift. Like many mentioned above....the best results come from eating clean. The only supplements I use are ON Hydro Whey, Multi-Vitamin, and Concrete.

http://www.promerasports.com/

T.Man

Established Member
A great creatine that requires zero "loading" and will not cause one bit of bloat is Olympian Labs C-AKG. Works really well for those that don't want to deal with drinking a bunch of sugary garbage and for those that dont respond well to monohydrate.

Stuff is cheap and has been really good to me over the last two years.

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
A great creatine that requires zero "loading" and will not cause one bit of bloat is Olympian Labs C-AKG. Works really well for those that don't want to deal with drinking a bunch of sugary garbage and for those that dont respond well to monohydrate.

Stuff is cheap and has been really good to me over the last two years.

Mono makes me sick.. concrete is ethyl ester which works great

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Another vote here for ON protein. I love that shit and I've been taking it since day 1.. I don't know if I actually get gains from it, but it's nice to have for sure. There new chocolate mint is amazing! lol

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
ON is amazing. I used to take the GNC protein and discovered that the ON has a lot less carbs and more protein per scoop in their 100% whey vs the GNC's 100% whey. Big fan of the extreme milk chocolate and the chocolate malt. Just bought a 5lb of it a week ago.

neatofrito1618

Established Member
DMAA is banned, good luck finding it in anything. and you are incorrect. as i said earlier 95% of the energy you get from (no-explode, green bulge, xpand, etc) is from the caffeine in the product. google it.
When did the FDA successfully ban DMAA? Caffeine is a very weak sympathomimetic compared to DMAA.

VNMUS03

Established Member
Suppliments are just that.. Suppliments.. Your diet should be on point depending on your goals.. Keep the intensity up at the gym and manage your macros man.. Do some reading...

Users who are viewing this thread