Supplement gods, please step in.

VNMUS03

Established Member
The main concern I have heard about creatine is the bloating and you have to intake a lot of water. Does anyone have any good articles or anything on creatine monohydrate without the BS?

It frustrates me when I go to GNC or any other supplement store and I see all of this "ultra mass creatine peptide super whey gain 50 lbs of muscle in 24 hours mega pill..." shit on the bottles (you guys know what I am talking about). I wish they had somewhere that would cut out all the BS on the labels, shelves and even with the sales people and have some good legitimate advice.

I appreciate the good advice that you guys have given me so far. Seems like most of you guys are on point.

I didn't know that Jack3d is off the list now, thanks for the info!

I started supplementing with whey and fish oil and multi's after I got out of boot camp a few years ago and that is what I have stuck with since. Have noticed gains with just those.

I'm really just trying to speed up recovery and support the muscle building process as much as possible, with out getting to crazy with the supplements. My diet is on point so no concern there. I know that I am definitely not losing any muscle mass.

I haven't really looked into any other supplementation until now. I have just recently started researching and experimenting with other products in the past month or two.

I use creatine regularly.. It helps me maintains strength while cutting.. Any suppliments you take will not stop muscle loss of your not eating to maintain it.. Take amino acids and make sure your meeting your daily intake needs.. If your trying to gain you won't gain unless your at a surplus and the intensity is high in your training.. ( creatine is naturally produced in your body, no need to "cycle off" i recommend you try the diffrent kinds out yourself..
Some may work for others but not you.. Try a blend if you want.)

VNMUS03

Established Member
The purpose of the weight gain from creatine isn't to make you appear bigger till you stop taking it, its to speed up recovery of your muscles.

I hate when I hear that when you stop taking stuff phrase. It takes a while to gain real muscle mass, go to the store and look at 5 pounds of steak and tell me that's not a huge amount of volume.

Muscle gain in any form will be retained as long as your diet is on point.

And like others said they're called SUPPLEMENTS for a reason. No point in wasting all your money on flashy bottles if your diet isn't right. You don't gain muscle without the proper intake of your macro nutrients.

I just got out of the military and jack3d has been off the ban list for sometime now. They changed the formula for that reason alone.

Also creatine is the cheapest easiest to use supplement. Just get a regular monohydrate. I use ON's micronized creatine @ 9 bucks a bottle and take 2 5 gram scoops a day. I haven't bloated up at all.

+1 :beer: <---(protein shakes)

Guy Fawkes

Established Member
I think a lot of people like me already know or figure a lot of the shit in all these supps. arnt NEEDED to make gains. But why not get every advantage you can get? Just in case maybe your diet is lacking certain things.

CobraKid04

Established Member
Pre workout= Hyde by pro supps with DMAA. stocked up before they took it off the shelf.

Post workout. gatoraid on the drive home....I make my own protein shake when I get home..see below

Contains...

Frozen pineapple (costco)
Plain yogurt
Banana
peanut butter/ the real stuff no sugar ect.
cold milled flax seed
Honey
Ice

multi v-pill
vitamine c-pill

I eat mass amounts of good food all day. I splurg on weekends.

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
Quality Fish Oil -- PurePharma Products
GNC Mega Men Sport Vitamin or Optimen, whatever is easiest for me to get
Optimum Gold Standard Whey
ON Platinum Pre-workout

I supplement Vitamin D in the darker winter months due to the lack of sunlight in Alaska, always works well.

However, the above products arent worth a crap if your training, eating and recovery habits arent on point.

Users who are viewing this thread