SVTP your my only hope!!!!! Car not firing

SVT_Troy

Established Member
For the FRPS we unplugged it and same thing is happening. Also tried swapping it out.

We had a electrical issue with our old Rinker boat and let me tell you, we changed so many things on it and up until the day we sold it we couldn't figure out what was wrong. Not stoked about this. Especially since I have no idea what was damaged or shorted.

Maybe my wording was confusin but what I was trying to say is that a FRPS is not causing your issues and replacing it won't help..... IMO

Darko

Burn-N-Out
Established Member
I don't have much to add other than if you have 12 volts at the coils that is good , but you need to have the ground completed to make them work.
l have not looked at the schematic for your car, I have an 01, but I think (dumb idea I know ) the ccrm is where the relay is for that .
Have you tried spraying starting fluid into the throttle body to rule out a fuel problem?
how do you know you have fuel? are the plugs wet?
I am just making a few educated observations .

We ruled out any fuel issues.

The major problem is that the sensors aren't getting power including the injectors and spark plugs/coils. :shrug::shrug::shrug:

racebronco2

Established Member
We ruled out any fuel issues.

The major problem is that the sensors aren't getting power including the injectors and spark plugs/coils. :shrug::shrug::shrug:

Double check that the sensors are connected correctly when you removed the blower. Two of the oval connectors are the same size and shape. I think it's the fpde and the ait2's that are the same but i could be wrong since it has been a while. I installed them on the wrong sensor and the car wouldn't start. With my aeroforce gauge i noticed that my ait2's were pegged when the car was cold.

By installing the connectors at the wrong sensors i was ground out the 5v reference and none of the sensors had the required 5v. Both of the connectors are on the drivers side rear of the blower.

hotcobra03

Established Member
example of manual

Capture-1.png

2.png

Darko

Burn-N-Out
Established Member
Double check that the sensors are connected correctly when you removed the blower. Two of the oval connectors are the same size and shape. I think it's the fpde and the ait2's that are the same but i could be wrong since it has been a while. I installed them on the wrong sensor and the car wouldn't start. With my aeroforce gauge i noticed that my ait2's were pegged when the car was cold.

By installing the connectors at the wrong sensors i was ground out the 5v reference and none of the sensors had the required 5v. Both of the connectors are on the drivers side rear of the blower.

Are you referring to the any of the EGR sensors?

racebronco2

Established Member

Yes the preesure fedback egr, it's the gray rectangle piece that has two small hoses on it. It's the same connector as the ait's. I mixed then up when i re-installed my ported eaton. Just make sure you have the correct connector on the correct sensor. One of the previous post shows the color codes for the connectors.

Snakesvt04

SCREW THIS
Established Member
Do you have a boost a spark. Had similar issue about 3 years ago found a bad wire..also is your pats alarm have anything to do ? Might need to calibrate ...I had to do that as well after that happened

hotcobra03

Established Member

bap sensor..located on driver side rear intake..flat square sensor bolted to intake
rr.png

dpfegr sensor..located driver side rear above valve cover..black sensor with 2 vaccum hoses,,bolted to bracket thats bolted to side of supercharger
egrc.png

jmstekguy

Established Member
seeing you wired in the aem meth kit, id say give the big bulk head plug on the passenger rear fire wall a look if you maybe forgot to tighten the 10mm bolt that holds it together. this is pretty common to miss.

other wise a little more info would be nice.

1. does it crank over?
2. if it does, does it have spark at more than 1 coil pack, easily tested with a spark tester or a grounded sparkplug
3. does it have fuel pressure at the frps or test port
4. if all these are fine, check for injector pulse at the injectors, more than 2 of them minimum

an engine requires fuel, air, spark, cancel out each an thats the process of diagnostics...

Darko

Burn-N-Out
Established Member
Yes the preesure fedback egr, it's the gray rectangle piece that has two small hoses on it. It's the same connector as the ait's. I mixed then up when i re-installed my ported eaton. Just make sure you have the correct connector on the correct sensor. One of the previous post shows the color codes for the connectors.

I deleted my EGR before this all happened. Dont think thats it. But I'll double check the sensors

Do you have a boost a spark. Had similar issue about 3 years ago found a bad wire..also is your pats alarm have anything to do ? Might need to calibrate ...I had to do that as well after that happened

We checked the PATS with one of the tunes. Not it

seeing you wired in the aem meth kit, id say give the big bulk head plug on the passenger rear fire wall a look if you maybe forgot to tighten the 10mm bolt that holds it together. this is pretty common to miss.

other wise a little more info would be nice.

1. does it crank over?
2. if it does, does it have spark at more than 1 coil pack, easily tested with a spark tester or a grounded sparkplug
3. does it have fuel pressure at the frps or test port
4. if all these are fine, check for injector pulse at the injectors, more than 2 of them minimum

an engine requires fuel, air, spark, cancel out each an thats the process of diagnostics...

You can find most of this info in post #1. Bulk head was never messed with but we checked it anyway, not the problem.

Engine cranks, just not firing. Not coils are sparking. It has pressure in the rails and we checked the FRPS. The injectors also arent getting power.

check that big bulkhead connector...

Checked it

Darko

Burn-N-Out
Established Member
If I cant figure this out by tomorrow I'm gonna have it towed to a local Ford dealership. Blahhhhh

Appreciate all the feed back guys

Users who are viewing this thread