T56 Magnum xl swap/no cruise control. HELP!

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
It has to do with the boss file. I figured that much out at least.

My car is a 2013 GT with 2.97 T56.

With my Stock GT strategy(BLV3), my cruise control works in 6th gear only.

With my Boss strategy tune(DZW2) and no other changes, cruise control STOPS working in 6th and instead ONLY works in 4th. I tried changing gear ratios and other common fixes but regardless of changes, cruise control would only work in 4th gear with the boss strategy.

Strange huh... lol

I gave up trying to figure it out and just enjoy the fact that it works in 6th gear for me.

Good luck!

NWBoss

Established Member
It has to do with the boss file. I figured that much out at least.

My car is a 2013 GT with 2.97 T56.

With my Stock GT strategy(BLV3), my cruise control works in 6th gear only.

With my Boss strategy tune(DZW2) and no other changes, cruise control STOPS working in 6th and instead ONLY works in 4th. I tried changing gear ratios and other common fixes but regardless of changes, cruise control would only work in 4th gear with the boss strategy.

Strange huh... lol

I gave up trying to figure it out and just enjoy the fact that it works in 6th gear for me.

Good luck!

Thank you, Juic3d! Just to clarify. You have a stock GT and you tried to run a factory OEM Boss 302 tune on it? I did not know this was even possible. How did you get the tune? Is the engine OK with that tune other than the CC? :burnout:

If I understand it correctly than a) It is completely tune related, and b) No Boss 302 (at least with same tune file, which I think means all 2013 Boss 302s) would have a working CC, other than 4th gear. This narrows it down quite a bit.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Thank you, Juic3d! Just to clarify. You have a stock GT and you tried to run a factory OEM Boss 302 tune on it? I did not know this was even possible. How did you get the tune? Is the engine OK with that tune other than the CC? :burnout:

If I understand it correctly than a) It is completely tune related, and b) No Boss 302 (at least with same tune file, which I think means all 2013 Boss 302s) would have a working CC, other than 4th gear. This narrows it down quite a bit.

Yes it's possible. I have 2 strategies but only run my stock GT one. I loaded the boss one to tinker around and play with it but ultimately liked the Gt strategy more so that's what I run.

I tested cruise control back to back from GT file and boss file and like I said, with no other changes, CC works in 4th gear on boss file and 6th gear on GT file.

I even went as far as to update the transmission ratios and do other "fixes" to see if I could get it to work on the boss but nothing helped.

NWBoss

Established Member
'13 boss. 2.97 t56. 3.31 rear gear swap. Cruise works in 4th and 6th. BBR tune, I installed the trans

Bucket, I see that you have a 13 boss and CC works for you both in 4th and 6th. Did you install the JPC conversion box from their kit? Did by any chance try the CC after the conversion but before loading the BBR tune? That is with the OEM factory tune? Did the CC work with the factory tune the same way as with the BBR tune? Thank you.

BUCKET

Established Member
What ever the box was that came with the swap. BBR got me the T56 , also can't recall tune order. Cruise on my car has always worked, but with t56 only 4th and 6th. But I already had a tune from BBR (my boss is not stock). I did the trans install, so I did nothing crazy. Just by instruction for hooking up box

Eric@jpc

Established Member
Bucket, I see that you have a 13 boss and CC works for you both in 4th and 6th. Did you install the JPC conversion box from their kit? Did by any chance try the CC after the conversion but before loading the BBR tune? That is with the OEM factory tune? Did the CC work with the factory tune the same way as with the BBR tune? Thank you.

What ever the box was that came with the swap. BBR got me the T56 , also can't recall tune order. Cruise on my car has always worked, but with t56 only 4th and 6th. But I already had a tune from BBR (my boss is not stock). I did the trans install, so I did nothing crazy. Just by instruction for hooking up box

Bucket has our conversion box

NWBoss

Established Member
Bucket has our conversion box

OK. Thank you guys. It seems that the problem is clearly tune related but even on a 13' Boss with correct tune the CC should work in 6th. We will investigate further.

NWBoss

Established Member
What strategy do you have ?

Do you mean factory tune code? All 2013 Boss 302 have the same code and all 2012 Boss 302 have a different but year specific code. I have the DZW2. I am running a base AED tune from Shaun right now and will switch to his performance tune when we load the tune. The car is in the shop for additional mods. His base file set the 1st, 4th, 5th, and 6th gears correctly but because I gave him wrong info for the 2nd and 3rd gear ratios his base file's ratios for 2nd and 3rd gears were slightly off. Maybe this is the reason why the CC is not working but I am not sure because the differences were very minor (e.g. 2.07 vs 2.1) and only for 2nd and 3rd gears. The 5th and 6th gears were already set correctly. The final tune has the correct gear ratios for ALL gears. I will see if CC will start working in 6th gear with the tune that has all gear ratios correct. Why did you ask?

Eric@jpc

Established Member
Do you mean factory tune code? All 2013 Boss 302 have the same code and all 2012 Boss 302 have a different but year specific code. I have the DZW2. I am running a base AED tune from Shaun right now and will switch to his performance tune when we load the tune. The car is in the shop for additional mods. His base file set the 1st, 4th, 5th, and 6th gears correctly but because I gave him wrong info for the 2nd and 3rd gear ratios his base file's ratios for 2nd and 3rd gears were slightly off. Maybe this is the reason why the CC is not working but I am not sure because the differences were very minor (e.g. 2.07 vs 2.1) and only for 2nd and 3rd gears. The 5th and 6th gears were already set correctly. The final tune has the correct gear ratios for ALL gears. I will see if CC will start working in 6th gear with the tune that has all gear ratios correct. Why did you ask?

DZW2 is the box code

If you plug the SCT in and go to get info

it will have the strategy

NWBoss

Established Member
DZW2 is the box code

If you plug the SCT in and go to get info

it will have the strategy

Car is in shop. I will load new tune at the end of February. I will find out the strategy that time. Thank you.

BUCKET

Established Member
I'm interested too. I don't get why my 4th works. Has to maybe be something the computer is seeing in ohm may. Who knows

Would like 5th and 6th to work but don't matter

benzopyrene

Established Member
I know Im dredging up an old post, but curious if anyone has found a good fix for the no CC issue yet, as I have no CC at all. Mine is a 2011 GT Cheers!

DrTriton

Established Member
I had speedo issues and no cruise with my '11 GT after my Tremec swap/Abbott box install. After talking to Abbott, and being told I needed to wire it direct to the battery I gave up on it. Threw the Abbott box in the garbage and ordered a Dakota Digital SGI-5 from Summit Racing to put in its place.

If you search on my user name you will find all the settings for the SGI-5 - it's a 5 minute install if you already have your Abbott wired up - just cut the Abbott out and swap the wires into the Dakota, take the car for a drive with your GPS on the dash and make a final speedo adjustment and you are done.

I really believe the Abbott signal is not 'clean' enough to allow the factory cruise control to function...just speculation, but after swapping boxes my cruise works in any gear at any speed, and my speedo is rock solid.

agony

Established Member
Sorry to resurrect the dead but has anyone put together a list of the strategies and results that they deliver? I'm looking at doing a magnum swap but really want to have cc work in 5/6th.

benzopyrene

Established Member
I've been working on this for a while....slowly. Vmp helped me try a few strategies, but after none of them worked kinda gave up. Basically, you would need someone to provide you with a Crapton of strategies that could then be modified to you car......nobody seems to be willing to do this. I'm thinking about putting my mt82 back in now and selling this thing because of the cc issue even though I love the tranny. JPC states it's the strategy but they don't offer one that works when you buy it from them....which Should probably be on their website.

Users who are viewing this thread