Talk to me about your Circle D 3C

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
OK well I just went to the track yesterday with the 3C and did about 7 passes...all at different rpm on the 2 step....my results left me surprised....I started off with a 2500rpm 2 step launch and the car felt like it left harder but the 60' didn't show it, 1.53.....track prep wasn't very good but im comparing it to the poor track prep from last week on the 2c so this is a fair comparison....decided to try 2800 rpm and still 1.52 60'....dropped down to 2200 and 1.52, dropped it down to 1700rpm, the same rpm that the 2C loved and it did its best which was 1.51....with a dead hook I believe the 3C is no better then the 2C...dead hook with the 2c at 1700rpm gave me 1.46 best....I cant see the 3C doing any better....I also keep reading on how high people are foot braking their cars with a converter and I just don't understand how they are seeing success with stalling it up so high...my car leaves like an absolute turd when I do this because it takes almost all the flash rpm away....the reason I went to the 3c from the 2c was in hopes of stalling it higher and leaving on around 2-3psi boost off of the 2 step.... I did my best yesterday to change launch rpm on every pass in an effort to find the sweet spot....I found no significant difference in launch firmness between the 2c and 3c in near identical track conditions...I expected a good kick in the pants with the 3c and in all honesty knowing what I know now I would just have opted to jkeep the 2C and go from a 3.48" to a 3.33" blower pulley...both great converters but on my car I didn't see enough improvement if any to warrant the change from the 2c to the 3c....will be putting the 2C back in my car next week along with the oil pump gears and plan to go to the 3.33" pulley for the extra umph that I find myself looking for...funny but going 9's in this car has been a short fun pursuit, boredom sets in quickly when you run the same E.T over and over and over again....lol

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
Good info, thanks for the update. When are you gonna try the smaller pulley at the track?
wont be using the 3.33" for a few weeks....still have to order one and install it, then have the tune tweaked for the extra boost...hope to have it on and tracked by end of August or beggining of Sept...

nordy racer

Established Member
are you sure you didnt make a mistake and install the 2c back in thinking it was the 3c lol?

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
^^^lol, i wish, expected a big improvement with the 3c and was pretty dissapointed to be honest...dont get me wrong the converter is a great piece but the difference between the 2c and 3c atleast on my car was near zero....

Deespeed99

Established Member
dont really have an answer for you other then a few converter threads i read...didnt really find much hands in info where anyone aith my setup ran a 2b so decided on the 3c....

I can understand that. Im just curious if a more loose converter like a B series wouldve made a bigger difference.

Bud

Established Member
^^^no didnt try it with the 3c but with the 2c it was a dog out of the hole leaving off idle...1.65 60's.....

Been curious how people make that work so well. Lots of people get good 60's going just off idle but the car I've seen try that was a slug, much better bringing the rpms up some. And that was on a PD blower car.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
OK well I just went to the track yesterday with the 3C and did about 7 passes...all at different rpm on the 2 step....my results left me surprised....I started off with a 2500rpm 2 step launch and the car felt like it left harder but the 60' didn't show it, 1.53.....track prep wasn't very good but im comparing it to the poor track prep from last week on the 2c so this is a fair comparison....decided to try 2800 rpm and still 1.52 60'....dropped down to 2200 and 1.52, dropped it down to 1700rpm, the same rpm that the 2C loved and it did its best which was 1.51....with a dead hook I believe the 3C is no better then the 2C...dead hook with the 2c at 1700rpm gave me 1.46 best....I cant see the 3C doing any better....I also keep reading on how high people are foot braking their cars with a converter and I just don't understand how they are seeing success with stalling it up so high...my car leaves like an absolute turd when I do this because it takes almost all the flash rpm away....the reason I went to the 3c from the 2c was in hopes of stalling it higher and leaving on around 2-3psi boost off of the 2 step.... I did my best yesterday to change launch rpm on every pass in an effort to find the sweet spot....I found no significant difference in launch firmness between the 2c and 3c in near identical track conditions...I expected a good kick in the pants with the 3c and in all honesty knowing what I know now I would just have opted to jkeep the 2C and go from a 3.48" to a 3.33" blower pulley...both great converters but on my car I didn't see enough improvement if any to warrant the change from the 2c to the 3c....will be putting the 2C back in my car next week along with the oil pump gears and plan to go to the 3.33" pulley for the extra umph that I find myself looking for...funny but going 9's in this car has been a short fun pursuit, boredom sets in quickly when you run the same E.T over and over and over again....lol

the 2c works really well on the boosted cars. I think I posted in the other thread about doing the 275/60/15 mt pro's vs the 3c,

give that a try with that 3.33 pulley! it's on it's way to you! :)

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
my car will have the 2C going back in on Friday....hoping to have the 3.33" on for Saturday a.m....will try to get the tune tweakedfor the extra 1.5-2lbs of boost.....I think this combo with good traction will do the trick for getting me a 9.75 slip...will let everyone know the results with this new setup and the 2C

calgarybandit

Established Member
I had the 3c N\A and it was great once I installed the Vortech it was horrible and slipped as ALLKHEINZ said 2c is the best choice.

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
I have a 4C and a 2.9 Whipple and it's working great so far. Now one thing I am not sure on, a 4C NA must not be the same converter as a 4C made for a PD blower? I would think the boost would tear the fins right out of an NA converter.

The restalled 2C was good for a pair of 1.46 60's last week vs the old 1.50 best that I got once.. of course I am also making more power so that alone could be the cause. It sure feels like a better launch and now I'm hitting the tires hard enough to need lca brackets.

It is more noticeable around town but trans temps are still in check and it's a ton of fun to drive.

CSG

Established Member
I decided to wait on the converter until after I get some times as is...

That decision lasted a solid weekend! Two converters have been ordered so we can see what these turbo cars want and get them to 60, ... hopefully...

Users who are viewing this thread