Teksid block Vs Stock 03 Cobra block - pics iside

Status
Not open for further replies.

PACIFICGREENSVT

Established Member
It takes a lot of time to post up all the pics and info in a thread like this, Thanks for posting!
I still have my old complete 97 cobra engine just sitting in the corner of the garage. I might one of these days swap all the parts over to that block, maybe some day lol

H8TOLUZ

Established Member
Came across this thread and thought I might add something. I'm doing a teksid build and noticed water pump part # issues. I currently run eaton swap and front dress on my 04 Mach. I'm running stock Mach water pump also. I decided I would replace water pump while everything is apart. Upon investigation, the Mach, 03-04 cobra, and late 90's Cobras all have different water pump part numbers! Can someone chime in on this? It's obvious the Mach pump works cuz that's what I've been running for a year but what's the difference in the 03-04 cobra pump ?

Tractionless1

Established Member
Great thread Malcolm, IMO it should be stickied. In the 8 yrs. I've been around the forums I've always seen the "I'M build a teksid or Teksid in my car" threads but zero details of the actual task of its utilization. Definitely not plug and play!

99Cobra_vert

Established Member
Instead I got this OEM piece to go in the teksid block.

IMG_4113.JPG
Where did you source this little guy? And how did you get the original Teksid part out?

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Where did you source this little guy? And how did you get the original Teksid part out?

Any Ford dealer. I got mine at Tasca. My original in the Teksid block was seized in it had practically become one with the block and was just tearing up as I was trying to get it out so I took it to my machine shop for removal before I ruined the block.

99Cobra_vert

Established Member
Good to know, thanks. One last question: Have you sourced the main cap side bolts yet? I'm having a hard time finding them for my Teksid build. The later bolts ('99 up) won't fit the earlier blocks with the jackscrews, and the ARP set is also too big in diameter, even though it says it's for earlier blocks. My block came from a '97 Cobra.

Thoughts?

Jake

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Good to know, thanks. One last question: Have you sourced the main cap side bolts yet? I'm having a hard time finding them for my Teksid build. The later bolts ('99 up) won't fit the earlier blocks with the jackscrews, and the ARP set is also too big in diameter, even though it says it's for earlier blocks. My block came from a '97 Cobra.

Thoughts?

Jake

Yes I have the side ARP bolts. I got them from MMR, explained which block I have and they shipped me the correct ones. There are two versions, sounds like you have the wrong ones. Although interestingly enough I later found out, while reading Sean Hyland's how to build a 4.6 book, the side bolts in the 96 - 98/99 teksid blocks are infinitely reusable. They're not stretched at installation at all. Save yourself $60 and reuse the bolts.

SpenO

Established Member
This thread still alive? Im in the slow process of building a teksid myself and this thread was great info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread