1sick03svt

I'm struggling to find good information on the interwebs about 1/2 mile speed records for the 2003/2004 Cobra. I'm specifically looking for the stock, unported Eaton, stock longblock, stock transmission record. I'd like to take the crown on this at the upcoming WannaGoFast event in North Carolina, but need to know the verified number to beat. Thanks in advance for the help!

Sinultros

Unnaturally Aspirated
Established Member
From all the WGF events I've been to at Clayton GA, I haven't seen many terminators run. Still waiting to see a BIG hp TT terminator run, but it looks like most still haven't caught the 1/2 fever.

T3RMINATOR

Established Member
I'm struggling to find good information on the interwebs about 1/2 mile speed records for the 2003/2004 Cobra. I'm specifically looking for the stock, unported Eaton, stock longblock, stock transmission record. I'd like to take the crown on this at the upcoming WannaGoFast event in North Carolina, but need to know the verified number to beat. Thanks in advance for the help!
As previously stated not a lot of Terminator's are built up to run these airstrip attack events. I went to the event this past weekend and I saw a Satin Silver or a Silver Metallic Terminator that was trapping around 155.

94slowbra1

Established Member
i dont know the record for a terminator, stock or not, but i am planning on doing one in dallas in November. i make a little over 600 with my TVS set up and id be happy with a 155 trap
these cars arent the best options for 1/2 mile races. their aero isnt the best and the engine doesnt like long high gear pulls. i have done some thing to help combat these but only a full run will tell

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
I agree....aero is poor and it's well documented the engine does not like 5th gear bonzai pulls. I'd feel a lot better attempting a 5th gear pull on ethanol versus pump gas, much lower cylinder temps. That's probably the number one recipe to keep the motor from melting

T3RMINATOR

Established Member
I agree....aero is poor and it's well documented the engine does not like 5th gear bonzai pulls. I'd feel a lot better attempting a 5th gear pull on ethanol versus pump gas, much lower cylinder temps. That's probably the number one recipe to keep the motor from melting

Second me on that. The lower the temps the better

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

BadBlue98GT

Established Member
I just did 139.3 at the Clayton event a few weeks ago. It's a convertible so aerodynamics are not in my favor. I've only seen two other Terminators run in the four events I've been to. One was a sponsor's car and the other was a turbo car. I don't think either one has made it out of the 140's.

I will say that even with the rock chips on my hood, I still got a helluva lot of compliments on my car even though it's 14 years old. That makes the sting of getting out run by a bunch of C7's a little easier to take!

T3RMINATOR

Established Member
I just did 139.3 at the Clayton event a few weeks ago. It's a convertible so aerodynamics are not in my favor. I've only seen two other Terminators run in the four events I've been to. One was a sponsor's car and the other was a turbo car. I don't think either one has made it out of the 140's.

I will say that even with the rock chips on my hood, I still got a helluva lot of compliments on my car even though it's 14 years old. That makes the sting of getting out run by a bunch of C7's a little easier to take!

The one that ran a 155 was highly modified... but I know the trap was having a lot of errors throughout the day. But terminators will forever be the best looking mustangs around in my opinion. It's a timeless, mean ass look

isonews

Established Member
I'll be running my terminator in the ocala event this year.

I also did see the terminator with the snake skin wrap in clayton. The owner said it was 700rwhp on E85 and trapped 155-156mph....

T3RMINATOR

Established Member

I also did see the terminator with the snake skin wrap in clayton. The owner said it was 700rwhp on E85 and trapped 155-156mph....

The whipple one? Thatdudeinblue reviewed one that sounds like that recently. It ran e85 and had the wrap

94slowbra1

Established Member
I'd love to have my E tune by the time I do this in November. Fuel system is ready just need more injector and a retune. i agree that running E for something like this with is cooling benefits.
I also swapped to a racebronco hood so I should have better aero and cooling at the too end.

Last edited:

Zemedici

Established Member

That's our car and it trapped mid 150s all weekend. Right on with power numbers

T3RMINATOR

Established Member
I'd love to have my E tune by the time I do this in November. Fuel system is ready just need more injector and a retune. O agree that running E for something like this with is cooling benefits.
I also swapped to a racebronco good so I should have better aero and cooling at the too end.
E is great just as long as you don't plan on letting your car sit over the winter. It has the ability to lose it's octane... Cornfed for life lol..

Zemedici

Established Member
is that the norm for a 700hp terminator, 155mph?

Yessir, that's about right. I've explained to my customers these cars arent exactly built for this. Gotta admit, it is a badass look though, cobra hauling ass through the traps. They get crazy amounts of attention, too.

Car was badass. Loved the build! Props

Thank you!

T3RMINATOR

Established Member
Yessir, that's about right. I've explained to my customers these cars arent exactly built for this. Gotta admit, it is a badass look though, cobra hauling ass through the traps. They get crazy amounts of attention, too.

Thank you!

If you don't mind me asking how much money have you put into your car to make it that fast?

Zemedici

Established Member
If you don't mind me asking how much money have you put into your car to make it that fast?

well, parts pricing is different for shops around the country so its hard to say. Nevertheless, horsepower is a very expensive hobby and Derek's car is very extensively modified (2.9l whipple, custom grind cams, full Fore fuel system) - a decent bit of work to go 150+, whereas 2015 cars will go that fast by just hanging a turbo kit on them.

Of course the costs would be roughly the same in that aspect as the 03-04 cobra is basically 'set up' for boost ;)

Getting to 140 is 'cheap' - after that it gets MUCH more expensive, exponentially so

T3RMINATOR

Established Member
well, parts pricing is different for shops around the country so its hard to say. Nevertheless, horsepower is a very expensive hobby and Derek's car is very extensively modified (2.9l whipple, custom grind cams, full Fore fuel system) - a decent bit of work to go 150+, whereas 2015 cars will go that fast by just hanging a turbo kit on them.

Of course the costs would be roughly the same in that aspect as the 03-04 cobra is basically 'set up' for boost ;)

Getting to 140 is 'cheap' - after that it gets MUCH more expensive, exponentially so

I see. Thanks for the info man!

Users who are viewing this thread