Terminator Vs Evo 9 Goes Down Hard

03snakeminated

Established Member
His 475 was on a Mustang Dyno, (Buschur's to be exact which is known to read low).. My 600 was on Modular Depot's Dynojet. My car did 550 on a dyno dynamics, which is a loaded dyno similar to a MD. On a dynojet he is making appx. 550. I'm not sure how you all are getting your weight numbers, but the Evo 9 weighs about 3300 pounds. The driver of that car weighed prolly 150. My car weighs 3980 with me in it. I weigh about 215. So with the weight of the cars 400-500 lbs difference, & only 50whp difference, it adds up. An FP Red car on 32 psi usually traps about 135, and with slicks should ET around 10.30's.. So thats about right on the money with what happened in our race between a 10.30 and 10.90 car.
wow, that's heavy, is your's a vert? i see you posted your weight of 215 but damn....3980???

Last edited:

stryker9

Established Member
I don't get it, the only thing I can think is some of you refuse to belive that it is harder and more expensive to make a cobra fast. Refer to this thread for list of needed mods. There is a recipe that needs to be followed to the T, mismatching parts will not work.

The car was owned by by the person who currently holds the stock turbo record. The fastest he went in my car was 11.56. When I got the car it was stock with the exception of exhaust and clutch. But he did lead me in the correct path when choosing my set up.

How to run mid-low 11's.... - evolutionm.net

harvboi05

Established Member
This shit is rediculous. You boys are still arguing over this?

Its a one of a kind EVO that makes 100awhp more than any other with less mods and runs bottom 11's. I dont see what the big deal is. You guys who question this are stupid and dont know shit and dont reasearch like the other children do.

Its easy with an EVO. Exhaust, filter kit, some piping and some-85 and you can easily DOUBLE your AWHP. Well if you are this one particular EVO on this planet.

You guys are dumb. Do some research before you speak.

If you dont im gonna link you to a list of other EVO's that have more mods and make 60-100awhp less to prove to you that this EVO is for real.

People do not lie on the net!!! Period! You ****ing idiots.

yup youre right. its a one of a kind evo. thats why 20 other people on the list thats been posted multiple times are doing the same shit and getting the same numbers.

and then the guy that paved the way for doing so, even made a "how-to" to get an evo as fast as he did, which everyone else is basing their modifications off of, but stryker still has the one of a kind evo.

you would have known that if you would have clicked on the damn links that were given to you in this thread.

for that i cant even say "do more research"

ill make it simple and say stop being lazy, and look at the information given to you by people who've already done the learning.

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
yup youre right. its a one of a kind evo. thats why 20 other people on the list thats been posted multiple times are doing the same shit and getting the same numbers.

and then the guy that paved the way for doing so, even made a "how-to" to get an evo as fast as he did, which everyone else is basing their modifications off of, but stryker still has the one of a kind evo.

you would have known that if you would have clicked on the damn links that were given to you in this thread.

for that i cant even say "do more research"

ill make it simple and say stop being lazy, and look at the information given to you by people who've already done the learning.

reason people call bs, because that list of 20 alot of them guys have 400awhp or less and some of them have aftermarket, cams, so hes making 50 or more hp and running faster times then prob 1,0000000 other evos and faster then about 18 of them on the list with more hp and less mods, so u should take ur own advice read why he and others and myself called bs, :poke:

Last edited:

stryker9

Established Member
That's my point. There are more cobras and evos running around with tons of money dumped into them that are slow then ones that are fast working with stock components. Lets take for instance a cobra making 585 at the wheels getting beat repeatedly by a evo with 450. The price of KB is prob more than I have in my entire car. How much is a KB or Whipple?

Yes, I know people have gone crazy fast on stock blowers, you don't need to tell me.

03snakeminated

Established Member
That's my point. There are more cobras and evos running around with tons of money dumped into them that are slow then ones that are fast working with stock components. Lets take for instance a cobra making 585 at the wheels with a slipping clutch getting beat repeatedly by a evo with 450. The price of KB is prob more than I have in my entire car. How much is a KB or Whipple?

Yes, I know people have gone crazy fast on stock blowers, you don't need to tell me.

there fix'd for ya...

03snakeminated

Established Member
like stated before you ran a poor running kb cobra (still dealing w/ small bugs that will be address'd pretty soon) why you havent accepted packy or stangliter offer of meeting half way, i'm pretty sure they'll give you a run for your $$ and then some..:shrug:

Last edited:

Packy

FBGM
Established Member
That's my point. There are more cobras and evos running around with tons of money dumped into them that are slow then ones that are fast working with stock components. Lets take for instance a cobra making 585 at the wheels getting beat repeatedly by a evo with 450. The price of KB is prob more than I have in my entire car. How much is a KB or Whipple?

So you paid around $3,500 for your Evo 9 and mods.?. Damn where can I get one of those from?

He probably doesn't wanna meet up because his stock car coudn't make the drive. Anyway I would have to came down to WPB dragstrip last Fri. for TnT but they didn't have it. Just to make a few passes and hopefully line up next to Stryker. I am sure he waited for a reason since I leave CF this week and won't be back for 4 months or so...

THAITED

Established Member
reason people call bs, because that list of 20 alot of them guys have 400awhp or less and some of them have aftermarket, cams, so hes making 50 or more hp and running faster times then prob 1,0000000 other evos and faster then about 18 of them on the list with more hp and less mods, so u should take ur own advice read why he and others and myself called bs, :poke:

I agreed with you because everyone is talking about doing some research.....blah blah blah but when in real life is totally different story.....I've never question the OP of beating the Cobra except for the mod list and his output power.....(it didn't add up) It took a while for him to explain that after like how many posts.....

stryker9

Established Member
03snake, I thought you had a new clutch last time we met up. Don't take any of this personal, I am only using your car as an example. When everything is in tip top shape let me know. Btw way talked to my buddy at HPLogic and its 75 for a few baseline runs just to see whats going on.

Packy, its a little childish to twist my words as to take away from my point. I also think its a little much to drive 2 hrs to run some people who called me out on a forum.

Packy

FBGM
Established Member
03snake, I thought you had a new clutch last time we met up. Don't take any of this personal, I am only using your car as an example. When everything is in tip top shape let me know. Btw way talked to my buddy at HPLogic and its 75 for a few baseline runs just to see whats going on.

Packy, its a little childish to twist my words as to take away from my point. I also think its a little much to drive 2 hrs to run some people who called me out on a forum.

As for twisting your words well you said them so I was just being literal. Your point was pretty dumb IMHO.

Well it would have only been an hour maybe less but you never responded. If you would have responded to my original post I would have come down to WPB to hang out one night last weekend if there was going to be something worth while to race there. Keep in mind my Cobra is in the Netherlands at my house there so I would have been in my other car.:burnout: I would have liked to see this intake/exhaust/tuned Evo 9... Maybe I could have taken a few snapshots of it for everyone here to look at.?. Oh well I am outta here tomorrow and back for one more day next Saturday then off to my home away from home.

mpe331lx

Mine's stock too
Established Member
This thread is STILL going?:nonono:

Thats the problem, many expect a car to just be fast with either a high dyno number or just a shitload of parts thrown at it.

I'll use my friends 04 Cobra as an example of one that gets the job done running a 10.91 @ 126 with a minimal investment in parts:

It has:
Ported stock blower
twin 65mm TB
55lb injectors
2.8 upper pulley (lower is stock)
Aux adler pulley
Steeda Under hood Filter
Catted x pipe (still has stock manifolds)
Slp cat back (For a GT / SRA)
Spec3+ clutch and 26spl input shaft
Solid rear swap from a GT w/ 3.73 gears
6 cyl front springs / stock GT rears
Gt struts and shocks
15" weld draglites w/ 26x10.0 ET Drag slicks
RaceRelated tune (I think it was 508 rwhp???)

Then I've seen over 600rwhp KB or whipple cobras running 11.5's at 121....WTF, lol

Its really a matter of putting it to the ground.

Last edited:

stryker9

Established Member
Packy, judging by what your TA ran it would be a good race. I guess I missed out. When you get back it should still be cold out. If you still feel up to it. Only 8lbs on a built ls1, would like to see what some spray or a few more lbs would do. I built a c5 with one of the first p1sc vett kit sold in FL. Off road x pipe corsa indy exhaust Edd Wright tune. Only 6 lbs. Pretty mild, it was my fathers car.

Stangliter04, I will be helping a friend out on a 2jz-gte swap into a 300gs with a 72mm turbo in the next few weeks. He lives in PSL, I can take the evo one day and it won't be much of a drive to meet up. I will pm you. Then we can start a new thread and let this one die. LOL

Last edited:

Packy

FBGM
Established Member
Packy, judging by what your TA ran it would be a good race. I guess I missed out. When you get back it should still be cold out. If you still feel up to it. Only 8lbs on a built ls1, would like to see what some spray or a few more lbs would do. I built a c5 with one of the first p1sc vett kit sold in FL. Off road x pipe corsa indy exhaust Edd Wright tune. Only 6 lbs. Pretty mild, it was my fathers car.

Stangliter04, I will be helping a friend out on a 2jz-gte swap into a 300gs with a 72mm turbo in the next few weeks. He lives in PSL, I can take the evo one day and it won't be much of a drive to meet up. I will pm you. Then we can start a new thread and let this one die. LOL

It ran those times last year... ;-) I should be back in April. :D

WestPalmGT

Established Member
do you know the white boosted probe that traps 122-123? this was before i went to pbir and clutch was ok (this was a 40 punch)
YouTube - WestPalmGT Vs 03DS3COBRA

I trap 118/119 at best so I dont know where this 120ish traps came from. This is the 2nd thread you said this in.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSNXN_ZSzWM"]YouTube- My low 12 sec pass[/ame]

Thats all I got with my stock block Probe. I did turn up the boost on our run and look what happend...the turbo took a shit so I wont be doing that again. Your trying to set up races with me with cars way out of my league. I trapped 118 mostly and my best was a 119 a few times. So any 122 0r 123 trap car would be a waste of there time. Dont get me wrong Ill run anyone but Im sure as hell not driving to anyone to get my ass handed to me.

Ill be on a new set up when the car is done but again im still not going to be fast enough for you or most of the 120 plus cars on this site.

mpe331lx

Mine's stock too
Established Member
Thats all I got with my stock block Probe. I did turn up the boost on our run and look what happend...the turbo took a shit so I wont be doing that again. Your trying to set up races with me with cars way out of my league. I trapped 118 mostly and my best was a 119 a few times. So any 122 0r 123 trap car would be a waste of there time. Dont get me wrong Ill run anyone but Im sure as hell not driving to anyone to get my ass handed to me.

Unless your ONLY doing rolls, I would not be too concerened with a 4-5 MPH trap spread. Obviously the higher trap car has the advantage of more power (or better power to weight), but that is not the end all be all.

If they can hook on the street somewhat close to as good as they do at the track, a 12.30 car trapping 111 is going to be a 12.50 car trapping 117:rockon:

03snakeminated

Established Member
I trap 118/119 at best so I dont know where this 120ish traps came from. This is the 2nd thread you said this in.

YouTube- My low 12 sec pass

Ill be on a new set up when the car is done but again im still not going to be fast enough for you or most of the 120 plus cars on this site.
:lol: so what if you are a 119 trap car and I was wrong, you upped the boost to race me, that would more than likely make you trap a lil "higher", so I just guesstimated that, same way you guesstimated my car 'should' be a "125mph" car and I told you 'maybe', but for x reason that hasn't happened, so at the end of the day is all bench racing and i'm ok w/ that as long as you don't get bent out of shape.

Last edited:

Grant Theft Auto

I hit deer.
Established Member
Raped? What does a ported blower cobra run? I run low 11 to high 10's

^^^ :bs: :bs: :bs: with the mods you have you should only be around 300-330awhp there is no way you are pulling off high 10's with just those mods, here in orlando there is a E85 evo that has weight reduction, full turbo back exhaust, boost controller bigger fmic etc.....and dyno tuning from CFT he runs low 11's with slicks. i have seen it in person! CFT also has an STi that has a GT35R with supporting mods and on high boost his best pass was a 10.4 @ 130+mph.......you are gonne tell me you run high 10's???? what do you trap then? i gurrantee you raced a CAI catback cobra and that is all. only reason you might win on the track with that "11 sec car" is because you have the advantage of all wheel drive dude........all i have to say is post up some vids of this 10 sec car!!!

EDIT: this thread is almost 3 months old......who the **** dug it up?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread