Terminator VS GT500

EvolvedResolve

Too fast to fook
Established Member
I beat a modded 2008 GT500 yesterday, three out of four times. He had a CAI, exhaust, 2.8" pulley, tune.. Guy was NOT happy and was in complete disbelief that my little Terminator was so ferocious off the roll. We rolled pretty tight up until 100 or until I shifted into 5th, then I left him behind.

RAPTOR5V

Firing on all 8
Established Member
Terminator>GT500

waits for 03 DSG Snake...........:p
that turkey got a temp ban for the last time this happened. I came close. He'll be back tho

Go with option #3 - LS3 C6 Vette.. .
Hands down overall better car. It's purpose built and faster all around - doesn't need big HP numbers because of efficiency.
THIS!!!!!!

I love these threads :pop: they always go full retard

Fat-cat

Established Member
If you got the cash go Gt500. If you want to go fast out the gate for X dollars spent. Buy and 03/04 with a Whipple or K/B / Turbo and lay waste to some shit.

I love my 03 but would trade it straight up for a New 2011 for sure :)

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
The GT500s are no freaking joke! But let's be honest, the 03/04s are a better Hot Rod value.

They will remain a better value for a very long time because the initial pricing was so different.
I would get an 04 though simply because of the spark plug threads, something I didn't even know about when I bought mine.

As subjective as looks are, you still aren't going to find any GT500s that look anything close to this. They just have a very different look.

gammaside.jpg

1000doctoredfront.jpg

Last edited:

03cobra5485

Established Member
i was in the same boat, and i took out an 03 vert, fell in love and bought it about 2 weeks ago..drove both cars and decided on the 03..i love everything about the car..theres just something about them

Sinultros

Unnaturally Aspirated
Established Member
Having owned a terminator and now a 2010, I'll say the GT500 wins hands down...well, at least the 2010-2011's. But I enjoyed my '03 and still miss it. I'm sure this was already mentioned but if money isn't an objective, then I'd recommend the Shelby. But as far as bang for the buck goes, the terminator still wins this.

THE_EVIL_TW1N

Established Member
I'm having a hard time deciding on keeping the 03 or selling it and getting an '11 plain jane Mustang GT. '10-'11 GT500 would be a no brainer.

Flad

Wanting
Established Member
I remember the day when I bought my 03, I'm pretty sure i slept in it for the first month, even today 4 years later when I walk into the garage, I just stop and look at her.
However if I was in the market today and the only choices were the 03/04 or the 07/09 500, The 500 hands down. the reason, just had enough of the 1978 plateform.
Keep in mind I've owned an 83 gt, 88 LX, 04 gt and the 03 cobra, over a 20 year span, plus the 1979 fairmont..as much as I would like to forget it.

Jroc

Established Member
I'm sorry, the only thing more technologically advanced in the GT500 over the Terminator is the transmission.. T-56 to TR6060 in the GT500.. the solid axle is definitely NOT as advanced as the IRS in the Cobra, no way, no how..

the engine is just a longer stroke, taller deck mod engine, nothing more technological in that either, with a larger Eaton blower on top.. now the pistons are better in the 5.4, but the rods more than make up for it in the 4.6...

The heads on the GT500 are much better than the heads on the Terminator. Both airflow wise and coolant flow wise. They can keep the electric TB, and complex PCM though.

Also the S197 chassis is a much better platform, and the SN95.

Cobrakai04

Established Member
I like my 04. Loads of fun to drive and doesnt have that heavy large car feeling like the trans am and newer style mustang. If I had my choice I would take the 11 Shelby to work and have fun on the weekend with the 03/04.

SSmoked99

Burn that sh*t UBZ
Established Member
I say 03/04 Cobra for sure. In my opinion they look a lot better and they also sound better. Oh and they're cheaper

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
'11 GT500 > Terminator

Terminator > '07-09 GT500

Terminator = '10 GT500

That is my opinion on the matter. Base on looks, performance, and value. That is my opinion.

-Jeff

Mikeyb619

Cobra Commander
Established Member
tough choice but I'd have to say based on the value, I'd go with the terminator.

Performance aside, my girl absolutely loves how many stares I get at my cobra around here. At first she kept asking why everyone was looking, but now she tells me to let them hear that whine :beer:

I also see A LOT less Terminators than I do GT500's which is something I like. I've only seen one other terminator on the road in the year I've owned it while driving mine and I'm the type of person who looks at EVERY mustang that drives by...even the v6's just to make sure they aren't something else lol. The other day I actually saw 3 gt500's in the same day.

I agree with HISSMAN though, a 2011 gt500 is a different story. 07-09 still beautiful fast cars, just not my pint of beer. :beer: (eff the cup of tea saying)

Ralo

Established Member
I'm not a fan of the stripes. I wouldn't mind having one with a strip delete. It would be pre 10 though due to $$.

SVTeveN

SVT
Established Member
IMO i'd have to go with the 03/04 terminators. The feeling i get when i see 1 done up right is just priceless. The GT500 is a great car, but seems a little ostentatious with the big stripes and body styling.

Users who are viewing this thread