Terminator VS GT500

1 bad bullitt

Do'in it in the dirt
Established Member
Vandenberg Air Force Base, California, United Stat
go with the terminator. You've got to. its such a meaner car. and you can find lots of used ones with tons of mods done. 03-04 all the way!!

03-04 Meaner? I raise the flag on that :bs:, my GT500 is hungry, looking to feed!

:pop: on the thread though, cause here we go agoin for the umteenth time:bash:
dsc0048wz.jpg

dsc0049zx.jpg

jimbob8915

Established Member
I got an 03 Cobra and I am thinking about an 05 ZO6. I wanted a GT500 So freakin bad for so long but I look at ebay ZO6's and think why not.

Silver95

Established Member
Being neither a Terminator OR a GT500 owner I can say that from *my* opinion, riding in a friends GT500 Vert it didn't feel like a sports car at all. It felt rather big and floaty, sure it moved ok but I almost felt like I was in a supercharged Jaguar :shrug:

The Cobra felt a lot more nimble, more sporty and just FUN to drive.

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
I'm a HUGE 03/04' guy and have had my Terminator for 7 years now with no plans to sell. But it's pretty tough to sell that the 03/04' is a "better" car than a GT500. Maybe better looking to some, maybe a little lighter to others. But the platform and drivetrain of the GT500 is more technologically advanced than the Terminator, period. Bigger motor, bigger blower, more durable rear end setup, better clutch (after 07'!), more driver room in the cockpit, etc.

well.. in stating that the drivetrain is better.. :bs:

going back to a stick axle in the rearend is DEFINITELY a downgrade. It is stronger, (steel and cast iron parts vs aluminum) but....

(also, you notice that the new Mustang driven in GT3 dosn't use a solid rear axle, but a rear mounted transmission and IRS)

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
obviously you are going to get more votes for the terminator, posting this question in the terminator section of the forums..

terminator looks MUCH much better...both have plenty of power...terminator is more affordable. seems like a no brainer to me (IMO)

ruthless

Turbo Terminator and TVS Terminator Vert
Established Member
The only GT500s worth selling an upgraded 03/03 Cobra for with be the 2011 modle. Ford messed up a bit with the first modle GT500s and just nudged the 03/04 Cobras out performance wise but the price was WAY more. Yes they had more HP on paper but the heavy engine over the front wheels killed the car for me. That new Gt500 with 100lbs less on the nose should make a world of differance.

To me 03/04 Cobras rank with the GNX, Toyota Supras and all the other Oops we built the cars to good factory freaks. If you dont believe me just step back and think about what cars in 03 and 04 that the Cobras were keeping up with or still do for that matter.

I guess everyone has there opinions but that is just my feelings on it. :beer:

MurphinAintEasy

Established Member
You guys have got me really going on Terminators, I love them. I freak out and yell at my wife time I see one,"Look baby! (as I stand up in a public place and point). "Yes baby it's nice" That's all she says...lol I've got two Mystichromes riding around my town, 1 vert 1 coupe. I'm jealous.

Wayneo

Established Member
I love my terminator, I don't believe there is better looking production mustang on the street. I'm not a fan of the newer body style at all, but thats just my opinion. Get which ever one you think looks better don't worry about performance the sky's the limit with either one.

SlowSVT

Established Member
You guys have got me really going on Terminators, I love them. I freak out and yell at my wife time I see one,"Look baby! (as I stand up in a public place and point). "Yes baby it's nice" That's all she says...lol I've got two Mystichromes riding around my town, 1 vert 1 coupe. I'm jealous.

The Terminator is a cult car.

Can't go wrong with either. The GT500 definitely has a few refinement and a stiffer chassis over the Terminator but that can be addressed with mods. That video comparing to two is totally worthless and inconclusive. If anything can be gleaned from it was the expression on the drivers face when driving both cars (go back and watch it again you will see what I mean).

For me there are a few aspects of the GT500 I can't get past, mainly the longer wheelbase which slows the steering and the lack of an IRS which won't hold a bumpy corner as well. If you’re into drag racing the GT500 is a better choice though.

The looks are completely subjective but I prefer the more compact sleeker looking Terminator :mj:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I never road in a GT500 so I'm unsure how it feels and rides. I'm a fairly new terminator owner as I've almost had it for 3 months now. The car is an absolute blast to drive. So far I'm the only one in my town that has one. I've had alot of stares and compliments at gas stations and such. Pretty sure 99% of the people around here have NO clue whats under the hood!

Needless to say I'm hooked on this car, and my wife actually really enjoys riding in this compared to my other mustangs!

mrose75

Established Member
I love my 03 and had planned on letting her go in a few years for a 2011. But after thinking about it I just can't bear to do it. So I'll wait a lil longer and pick up a 2011/2012 or whatever. Never really cared for the 07-09s. Occasionally I see one on the forums that make me pop a woody, but for the most part.... Blah.... The new ones do it for me though. Not enough to drop the Terminator though, she's my first love. Money wise, 03-04 is your best bet. Performance wise, I can say. I don't know diddley about the GT500, never even ridden in one. IronTerp's comment I think makes the most sense.

wjk

Established Member
I think you should buy a GT500.. I'm looking to buy an 03,04 Cobra and I would hate it if you bought the one that was priced just right!

JymBart

Established Member
Both!!!!

I love my 03 Cobra, ..... I also love the 2011 GT500, ... for me I'd like one of each.
JymBart

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
Go with option #3 - LS3 C6 Vette.. .
Hands down overall better car. It's purpose built and faster all around - doesn't need big HP numbers because of efficiency.

Users who are viewing this thread