Terrorist dry run?

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
Originally posted by xilix
That is shady shit.

No shit! That scares me. One thing that does comfort me is that I know the head of security at JFK (my mom works with his wife), and I know that nothing is going down there with him.

Last edited:

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by SVTHorsnake
eh, that's a very compelling arguement, however, I think you're trying to say ARE accurate, not is accurate... jk, what you're saying makes total logical sense however, certain people would lose freedoms in doing so, and true Americans have proven to be willing to do ANYTHING to defend their's and their fellow citizens' freedoms. to say that you're not willing to stand inline along with other fellow citizens and deal with a more lengthy security proccess at the cost of civil liberties goes against core values in this country.
If they were not American citizens I could care less about their liberties. If they want liberties they can ask for them in their home country of syria.

95oRANGEcRUSH

Who's that whore?
Established Member
Originally posted by 03DOHC
If they were not American citizens I could care less about their liberties. If they want liberties they can ask for them in their home country of syria.

:rockon: :thumbsup:

You da man!!

:beer:

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Originally posted by esqeddy
You can bet your sweet asses that the terrorists are taking their sweet time and looking for just the right weakness to exploit. The sad thing is, no matter what we do, it is virtually impossible to prevent every possible scenario. Eventually, something is going to slip through the net.

What would you have done if you had been on that plane???

Who? Me????? :D

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Originally posted by 2SkrewdCobra
That's because El Al has been using Air Marshalls since the 70s, not to mention every employee has extensive anti-terrorism training. El Al has their shit together because they have to, they don't waste their time with PC bullshit either.

That is just the tip of the iceberg with El Al. They profile their passengers and refuse boarding to anyone that might even pose a threat. The US airlines are too money hungry to deny anyone a seat.

El Al uses a three pronged approach to air travel safety. Including securing their plane at the gate and only allowing credentialed and backround checked people on or near their planes. Then they have fulled armed former Isreali Military on each flight. Lastly, as stated above, they profile their travelers and refuse boarding to anyone that might be a threat.

It is expensive but worth it.

Mo Boost

Sunshine on the Darkside
Established Member
Originally posted by Silver2003Cobra
YES it is your job to prevent, to your utmost ability a terrorist act AGAINST YOU and or your FAMILY.. I guess you forgot those famous words spoken over Pennsylvania on United Flight 93... "LETS ROLL"

...um...

No.:rollseyes

As a CIVILIAN, it's not my place to be a vigilante BEFORE an incident happens, just on the hunch that someone looks suspicious. Knocking people over the head is considered assault and battery.

Leave your armchair heroics for your fans. The "hoo-rah" bullcrap is for heroes & paperback Mack Bolan stories.:bored:

f_rice

EFF GM AND CHRYSLER!!!!
Established Member
Originally posted by esqeddy

BIG QUESTION: What would you have done if you were on that plane?

This is the question that we all need to think about...... I am going to be flying much more soon and I have put alot of thought into this.

In this scenario I would go to the bathroom to relieve myself. If they prevent me from entering I would return to my seat and consult with those around me. I would hopefully be on a plane with other people willing to act. We would try and set up a some sort of plan. I will act first. I never fly without a small flashlight. (I use a Surefire 6P) The flashlight used properly can be a very efficient weapon. It is very complimentary to many Ju Jitsu moves and gripped properly it will increase the effectiveness of hand strikes. No I do not have some delusional action movie fantasy where I kick everyone's ass and then the president holds a parade for me. In fact if it comes to this I will probably not make it home. I accept this and and I will not hesitate to sacrifice my life to in attempt to save the lives of the other passengers or people on the ground.

If they let me into the bathroom I will look around. If I see a bomb or anything strange............ hmmm looks like I need to think about this more............

Would this work? I have no idea. But I do know that there is no way I am sitting and watching some a$$holes carry out a plan to end my life.

The point is to think about this. Are you prepared to give your life if necessary to die on your feet rather than on your knees? I am.

Here are some examples of concealable weapons terrorists may try to use:
http://datacenter.ap.org/wdc/fbiweapons.pdf

Be alert.

Last edited:

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
Originally posted by Griffin
I'm surprised she didn't mention they were screaming "Praise Alla" as they were walking down the isles, corrigating at the back of the plane (which would also NEVER happen).

If you mean CONGREGATING at the back of the plane, you are incorrect. I just returned from San Franciso via Chicago O'hare just recently. 4.5 hour flight. People were "congregating" at the back of that plane wating to use the facilities and not one of the attendants told anyone to sit down. As a matter of fact, it happened many times throughout the duration of the flight.

Bottom line is, we have become more lax in our security. It only takes minutes, where it used to take hours. OK I'll give you productivity, etc, but when was the last time you were and your belongings were pulled aside and manually searched? It happened to me quite a bit immediately following 9/11. I can't remeber last time I was asked. Hell, they don't even ask me to show them that my wireless phone or blackberry actually work. Used to get that all the time.
Another as a matter of fact ... going out to SF, I asked the TSA agent at security if I needed to remove my shoes (I always ask)and their response was "Nah, don't worry about it".

If you truly do work for the airline industry, as a business traveller, what is percieved as "holes" in the system do exist, at least in my eyes. You should make it a point to interview business travllers on a regular basis to be your "daily" eyes in the field. You cannot be everywhere at once. I'm sure there are plenty of regular travellers that would volunteer their time to answer questions.

Last edited:

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
I hope that airline people search for that kind of thing. I always have to take off my shoes because they're steel-toed, but if you cut out a hole in a tennis shoe, you could easily put in a carbon fiber knife. It's a scary thought.

xilix

Too Stock
Established Member
Griffin sounds like he knows what he's talking about. However I'm paranoid by nature. I was already afraid to fly to begin with (fear of hights..I dunno,I guess I'm just a wuss),but now it just seems a bit shady to get on a plane. It's just to easy to take a plane down.

But on the other hand if I was on a plane with that sort of thing going on..I wouldn't sit with one thumb in my ass,one in my mouth,waiting for someone to tell me when to switch. I'd say or do something. I woulda started talkin some sort of shit at least..because that is unacceptable behavior.

How could everyone just sit there and not say or do anything?! I woulda been like "WTF are you touch holes doing getting up and down and shit..". This is why I think the story is definatly a little juiced up for reading pleasure like Griffin said. I find it hard to believe that all staff on the plane would let these guys behave in this very shady fashion. It just doesn't make any sense that an entire plane would just sit there in fear as all these dudes are giving thumbs up,getting up and down,giving signals ect ect..

Pfff.

Black3KGT

SECURITY
Established Member
Originally posted by SVTHorsnake
eh, that's a very compelling arguement, however, I think you're trying to say ARE accurate, not is accurate... jk, what you're saying makes total logical sense however, certain people would lose freedoms in doing so, and true Americans have proven to be willing to do ANYTHING to defend their's and their fellow citizens' freedoms. to say that you're not willing to stand inline along with other fellow citizens and deal with a more lengthy security proccess at the cost of civil liberties goes against core values in this country.

I think that being safe and alive is a liberty that outweighs some little inconvenient liberty like waiting 5 extra minutes and being subjected to interrogations and being searched, etc. b/c the religion and race you belong to continue to prove themselves unstable and a threat to every society unlike their own :read:

PS: dont try to lecture me about core values of this country b/c the values this country were built upon came from my religion... not yours :kaboom:

Griffin

Established Member
Xilix,

And BTW, my whole family lives in Springfield. I have cousins your age that went to both Springfield high and minachag(sp).

Wonder if you know any of them....

xilix

Too Stock
Established Member
No way! Well I grew up in Westfield and moved here with my mother right after I quit school ( :nonono: ) .

Although I did know quite a few people from Springfield when I went to highschool..I don't think I would remember any of them because I was always messed up on the drugs :nono: .

If you ever come up we should hang..I could give you a ride in my heart-pounding supercar :lol1: . Dude BTW...your Cobra is one of my favs on SVTP..NICE work bro..car is sick!

mark209

Marines Lead The Way
Established Member
Originally posted by Black3KGT
I think that being safe and alive is a liberty that outweighs some little inconvenient liberty like waiting 5 extra minutes and being subjected to interrogations and being searched, etc. b/c the religion and race you belong to continue to prove themselves unstable and a threat to every society unlike their own :read:

PS: dont try to lecture me about core values of this country b/c the values this country were built upon came from my religion... not yours :kaboom:

That is 100% correct, look at their track record, the vast majority of them hate the United States with every fiber of their being, and would give their life to see it disrupted.

If I saw that shit going down on a plane, you bet your ass im not gonna sit there and watch it go down. Im not going out by some crazy terrorists, thats for DAMN sure..

hamrmech

Established Member
the airlines were responsible for 911. their security sucked, and they knew it, so they asked the government to take over. yeah, lke the government can do it better. thats my view. as far as fighting the terrorists, if the air marshals dont do it or arent there, then its up to the people on the plane to deal with them. personally if i was up to no good id rather deal with the MAN then the PEOPLE on the airplane. lets face it, if a terrorist gets his boyz ripped from his person and fed to him by an angry mob of passengers, then thats just amusing.....

Griffin

Established Member
The breakdown was both the government and the airlines. Who do you think set the guidelines for the airlines to follow? It wasn't the airlines.....

Xilix,

I will be up next month......

xilix

Too Stock
Established Member
Cool beans..I'm guessing the Cobra is staying where the sun shines...

Gimme a buzz when you come up..maybe there will be some car shows or something we can check out.

Users who are viewing this thread