Texas HS Football Team Accused of Bullying Opponent

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Thats embarrassing.

especially for high schoolers :nonono: not like theyre a bunch of 10 year olds who are going to be crying their eyes out on the way home. the one doing the crying here is a....father?? i would have expected it to at least be some over protective mother, but a father??? lol. i hope they keep the guys name private or the son is really going to find out what bullying is at school when the whole student population makes fun of him and his dad :poke:

Sick03Vert

Banned
Sounds to me like the winning coach was TRYING to call run plays so the defense could just stuff them and they could punt it off.

Only problem...the defense was so bad the runs actually worked. I mean, what do you want the running back to do? Break the line and then fall on purpose?

Lose with some dignity man. Jeez.

ssssnake

Established Member
Sooooo pathetic.

Instead of whining about bullying, the parents of the kids that lost should use this as an opportunity to teach their kids about some important life lessons, namely:

1) Always give your best effort. You may not get the result you want, but you can be proud you tried your hardest.

2) Life is gonna kick your ass from time to time. It's how you respond that's more important.

I'm sure there's a litany of other lessons that could be learned from this, as well. I'm not even saying the parents have to be mean about it. But shielding their kids from every negative experience is just setting them up for failure in life.

Best advice. Life's not fair.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Sounds to me like the winning coach was TRYING to call run plays so the defense could just stuff them and they could punt it off.

Only problem...the defense was so bad the runs actually worked. I mean, what do you want the running back to do? Break the line and then fall on purpose?

Lose with some dignity man. Jeez.
Make them run around from sideline to sideline and try to not get tackled for as long as possible.

Much like this:

g60018g6865.gif

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
That is definitely very pathetic on the part of the parent, but par for the course nowadays. Whatever happened to.....
* Train hard
* Play hard
* Don't make excuses for failure; instead, learn from failure and improve (life lessons)

Wonder how the parent's kid feels about this accusation!

That would be real parenting. You know, the type thats non-existent it seems these days.

Im surprised this happened in TX, even more surprised that pussy father that cried foul didnt get his ass beat.

11GT50

Reality Checker
Established Member
Let's clarify something here....

It wasn't the coaches or the players complaining.

It was *one* single parent that filed a complaint before he knew the facts that the opposing team was letting the clock run and playing third stringers.

Those two teams should have never played in the first place. I'm only assuming they had to because they were in the same conference.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Let's clarify something here....

It wasn't the coaches or the players complaining.

It was *one* single parent that filed a complaint before he knew the facts that the opposing team was letting the clock run and playing third stringers.

Those two teams should have never played in the first place. I'm only assuming they had to because they were in the same conference.
Unfortunately, even a single complaint has to be investigated.

Aledo and Western Hills are both in Class 4A District 7, so it was a mandatory game.

Last edited:

WhiteFaleen2001

Established Member
just another example of everyone believing that they deserve a trophy, no matter what place they finish. and people wonder why this country is going down the crapper

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
The biggest problem I have with it is the use of the Bullying word. Completely inappropriate in the case of the situation. Should read "Texas High School slaughtered opponent, Crybaby parents that raised up shitty players are butthurt"

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
This part of the article sums it up:

Buchanan, whose team is averaging 69.3 points a game and is on its way to a 7-0 record, said he is not sure what else he could have done besides telling his players to take a knee.

"I'm not gonna tell a kid that comes out here and practices six to seven hours a week trying to get ready for football games ‘Hey, you can't score a touchdown if you get in, you're gonna have to take a knee,' cause that may be the only touchdown that kid gets to score in his high school career,” Buchanan told MyFoxDFW.com.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
The biggest problem I have with it is the use of the Bullying word. Completely inappropriate in the case of the situation. Should read "Texas High School slaughtered opponent, Crybaby parents that raised up shitty players are butthurt"

agreed. people are going to start liberally applying "bully" to anything they dont like now. the dealership wouldnt accept my counter offer. i hate bullys! :whine:

i think "meanies" would have been more appropriate than "bullies" lol

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
The only team in Texasbullying other teams are The Dallas Cowboys
;)

G04cobra

Established Member
I agree with cobrabob, I went to watch my nephew play baseball the other day and they didn't keep score!! Lets face it, most kids won't make the pros the real life lesson here should be perseverance, team building, work ethic... so pathetic.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Look at the score from their games:nonono:

08/30
7:30p
@ Seagoville (Dallas, TX)

61 - 7
Loss

09/06
Brewer (Fort Worth, TX)
Box Score
62 - 10
Loss

09/13
TBA
Denton (Denton, TX)
Box Score
63 - 0
Loss

09/26
TBA
Trimble Tech (Fort Worth, TX)
Box Score
9 - 7
Loss

10/03
TBA
@ Southwest (Fort Worth, TX)
Box Score
35 - 7
Loss

10/11
Granbury (Granbury, TX)
Box Score
49 - 30
Loss
10/18

@ Aledo (Aledo, TX)
Box Score
91 - 0
Loss

ragingclue

Semper Gumby
Established Member
So, not only did this kid just have to go through a ridiculous beatdown on the field, now he's got his retarded pussy dad claiming this is bullying?

Rough life for that kid. Shame on that shitty father for doing this to him.

Users who are viewing this thread