Premium Member
$50 says the father is one of those beloved CA>TX transplants :nonono:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Let's clarify something here....

It wasn't the coaches or the players complaining.

It was *one* single parent that filed a complaint before he knew the facts that the opposing team was letting the clock run and playing third stringers.

Those two teams should have never played in the first place. I'm only assuming they had to because they were in the same conference.

Why do you say they should have never played in the first place? Surely not because one was so much better than the other.

brucesvt

Established Member
Sooooo pathetic.

Instead of whining about bullying, the parents of the kids that lost should use this as an opportunity to teach their kids about some important life lessons, namely:

1) Always give your best effort. You may not get the result you want, but you can be proud you tried your hardest.

2) Life is gonna kick your ass from time to time. It's how you respond that's more important.

I'm sure there's a litany of other lessons that could be learned from this, as well. I'm not even saying the parents have to be mean about it. But shielding their kids from every negative experience is just setting them up for failure in life.

This

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I got to hear Mike Wilbon and Tony Kornheiser discuss this on PTI last night on ESPN. As expected, they pretty much echoed the views of this thread.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Let's clarify something here....

It wasn't the coaches or the players complaining.

It was *one* single parent that filed a complaint before he knew the facts that the opposing team was letting the clock run and playing third stringers.

Those two teams should have never played in the first place. I'm only assuming they had to because they were in the same conference.

Yes they're in the same district. The other teams in the district are facing a similar fate as Aledo's average margin of victory is over 60ppg. They're a powerhouse football program that got moved into a new district against teams that aren't used to playing that level of competition.

My problem with the complaint is, even if TX had a mercy rule, how would that spare the players' feelings? Either you get pounded for a whole game or you get pounded so bad you're forced to quit early. Either one sucks. Life is full of winners and losers, sack up and get 'em next time.

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
Yes they're in the same district. The other teams in the district are facing a similar fate as Aledo's average margin of victory is over 60ppg. They're a powerhouse football program that got moved into a new district against teams that aren't used to playing that level of competition.

My problem with the complaint is, even if TX had a mercy rule, how would that spare the players' feelings? Either you get pounded for a whole game or you get pounded so bad you're forced to quit early. Either one sucks. Life is full of winners and losers, sack up and get 'em next time.

This. I played 6-man football in high school which does have a 45 pt mercy rule after halftime. Thankfully I was generally on the other side of that next rule, but I can remember 2 games in particular that we were ran out of the stadium and it wouldn't have made a difference whether or not we had beaten by another 40 pts. It just flat sucked.

Steve@Tasca

My seven year old daughters soccer team went undefeated this year (1st-2nd grade).

Their last regular season game they won 12-0, their coach has actually gotten e-mails from other coaches saying it's not right and that their girls are scared to play our team.

How pathetic is that, they're little girls and our team just happened to be the most well coached. One of the best players on our team is a tiny little 1st grader, she just won't quit.

People are ridiculous these days.

Steve

BTS

Established Member
should have scored more , play hard every down , sad contact football is getting soft , I rater watch rugby

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
My seven year old daughters soccer team went undefeated this year (1st-2nd grade).

Their last regular season game they won 12-0, their coach has actually gotten e-mails from other coaches saying it's not right and that their girls are scared to play our team.

How pathetic is that, they're little girls and our team just happened to be the most well coached. One of the best players on our team is a tiny little 1st grader, she just won't quit.

People are ridiculous these days.

Steve
The coach was caving from parental pressure since he obviously sucks at coaching, and/or the kids parents suck.

Steve@Tasca

The coach was caving from parental pressure since he obviously sucks at coaching, and/or the kids parents suck.

From watching games it's quite obvious most of the teams have poor coaches, at this level the coaches are on the field directing their girls and some of them haven't got a clue what they're doing.

It's sad for the other girls really, our team isn't exactly stellar but they have a few solid players and the coach really works well with the girls she's got.

Dragu1a

Established Member
From watching games it's quite obvious most of the teams have poor coaches, at this level the coaches are on the field directing their girls and some of them haven't got a clue what they're doing.

It's sad for the other girls really, our team isn't exactly stellar but they have a few solid players and the coach really works well with the girls she's got.

most "coaches" at that level are just a parent that has volunteered. no clue what they're doing out there.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Welcome to the new world, it's OKAY and everyone gets a pat on the back even when they lose. This half-assed pussy parenting will come back to haunt us.

bdcardinal

I Spend car money on guns
Established Member
Premium Member
Holy ****! 1,620 yards rushing! 32 touchdowns! And not a single pass was thrown! :eek:

The forward pass was still new then. They were mostly still playing the game like modified Rugby Union.

My high school was on the receiving end of those losses a few times, it sucked, but we knew we sucked compared to the schools we played against. In CA most of the powerhouse high schools for football are Catholic or Christian schools, unlike the public schools we could recruit players from out of our area. My school was around 350 students total, and we were playing teams where their JV teams were physically larger than our Varsity team. Now that my old school got moved into a category with similar sized schools they are undefeated.

GeorgiaSnake

Established Member
120-0. There's a reason the best talent in CFB comes out of Texas.

LOL yep but what about the loosing team with the "0" score, they are from Texas too so the logic on that statement kind of falls apart, LOL

The Snake

billsigf1_zps0d79b1a4.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread