Thank you Ford Racing!

Greg@SVTOA

A.K.A Greg@GLD
Established Member
If you saw my other post about "Confusion regarding TVS" and my 2010, I just want to follow up on it if anyone cares.

To summarize:

I had a 2008 GT500 and installed the TVS "Super Pack" on it, and ran the Ford ProCal tune. When I upgraded to a 2010 model, I kept the TVS, but wasn't sure if I could even use it on my 2010.

I was in contact with Tom Magyar at Ford Racing, and they sent me a new SIMM card for my Procal, so I can run the TVS, and my procal is "registered" to my new car. There was no charge for this service and I think that is cool as hell.

"I am in NO WAY suggesting that aftermarket tunes are not a good way to go"

I know a lot of you guys go the "custom tune" route and your cars are faster than mine is/was, but... I REALLY like the way Ford Racing has produced products that we "regular guys" can install, upload the FACTORY tune, get perfect driveabilty and have no worries. Yes, my car will probably be less of a performer than one with a tune from XX tuner or company, but it's worth mentioning that you can get very good results and do it all yourself with the way Ford Racing has structured the "parts bin". My '08 ran perfectly with the Procal and I never had so much as a hiccup with it. I installed the TVS kit in a few hours, uploaded the tune and was out driving it that same afternoon. :rockon:

By the way, I have a FRP CAI I can't use anymore that fits 07-09 GT500's and will sell it cheap. PM me if interested.

Furinox

Established Member
That's pretty awesome. It would be a big plus that a ford tune would offer exceptional driveability.

chimazo

Established Member
I had a similar experience. I bought my TVS without a Procal2 but had a Procal2 from when I got the CAI, and Ray Herron from Ford Racing Tech Support sent me a new SIMM card with the TVS tune free of charge. Awesome service and rare these days. After f*&king with the car so much since then (WAY beyond just a blower now), I sometimes miss the ease and no-hassle aspect of just bolting on a 100hp factory upgrade w/tune and calling it a day...

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I am saving for the frpp 2.9 whipple kit with ford tuning

Hopefully Mr Magyar and Mr Herron see this. I've been waiting patiently for FRPP to offer the Whipple 2.9 with the Procal II and a tune for an '07-'09...

Users who are viewing this thread